Please help me- I am a new user

ashok4944
Community Member
I am a person who has taken VRS and now want to sell "book and magazines". I dont have any product at hand and do not know how to contact the prospective publishers. I am not understood who is a seller? In ad it was told that even if you are a student or a housewife,retired person you can join ebay.in and sell the items. But I dont have any affiliaion with any of the company who can allow me to sell on behalf of them. Please suggest me "how one can be a seller without having even his/her own product"? Kindly help!! Thank you very much.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

caitlininc
Community Member
Hi,

You can get all the details at the following link. You can sell at ebay even if you dont have any affiliation with any firm.

Read the following thouroughly

http://pages.ebay.in/sellercentral/index.html

Cheers .
I Born Intelligent but Education Ruined

I Born Intelligent but Education Ruined

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hello,
You can register yourself as a trading assistant (You may need some feedbacks before you do that) . People who want to trade items on ebay and who do not have time to sell may come to you with their items.
This link may help you
http://pages.ebay.in/tradingassistants/hire-trading-assistant.html

Regards
Onesimpleman
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear ashok4944,

hello,

I can see that you are enterprising but don't know anything about ebay selling.

The only thing you need here is enthusiasm and a little knowledge of computer & Internet.

Since you have posted a question here, it meams that you are quite aware of Computers & Internet.

Further, its true, that its not necessary that you may be a manufacturer or trader before you can sell on ebay.

The fact is that most of the sellers don't have anything of their own and they are Top Sellers on ebay.

I would suggest you that you make a list of people whom you know and are into some business. They may be shopkeeper, trader, distributor, artist, manufacturer etc. Just contact them and see if they can give you some products for re-selling on ebay. Study the prevailing rates and get few samples.

You can then add to your cost price things like:

ebay fees
packing charges
YOUR margin

Arrive at a reasonnable selling price with a reasonable margin.

If you just can't find anybody who can help you with some Items...then I would suggest that you go to the whole-sale market of your area. Every shopkeeper go there and buy products for re-selling. So there is no question why you can't sell. You can start with books which seems..... are your favourite.

ebay market is just like a SHOP.

A shop has a limitation of an area as it can serve only limited people living around that area.

A shop has a limitation of Capital expenditure as initial cost of buying a shop is too much.

A shop has a limitation of over-head expenses like sales staff salary, electricity etc.

BUT ebay shop is a shop which is open 24 hours a Day.

You may sleep but your ebay shop would remain OPEN.

There is NO limitation of Customers from a particular area. You may get an order from Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkatta or Delhi. Even International Buyers... once you master selling on ebay.

For Indians this was a far off dream but ebay has made it a " DREAM COME TRUE "

For more help you can always study the tutorials provided by ebay OR you can post a question and many Co-members would be happy to assist you.

kind regards

IndConcepts

customer

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

veronica3963
Community Member
Hello,
Thankyou for your very informative reply. I have been a member of 'ebay' for some time now. But have not really started selling anything. As a matter of fact I have been looking for 'affiliate' promotions. Are there any openings/options for joining as an affiliate?
I tried to join as 'Trade Helper'(to help someone to sell) but, there are certain norms, which at the moment I do not qualify for. And I could ebooks, as I do have them, but, ........are they allowed?
I am trying out the link in your above reply, and lets see what I can work out.
In the meantime would appreciate some help/ideas etc.
Thanks
Veronica
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi,the first thing you got to have a digcam.Just click and list.Rest will be taken care of by eBay.Nice meeting you.Wish you success.Best of luck..Amitava
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
ashok4944 YOU CAN DEFINATELY SELL YOUR PRODUCTS AS IND CONCEPT SAID,OR YOU CAN ALSO FOR TRADE ASSISTANT OPTION IN YOUR AREA.
Trading Assistants

Save time and make money when you work with experienced eBay sellers who will sell your items for you. There are two types of trading assistance programs on eBay:

Trading Assistants
Trading Assistants are experienced eBay sellers who will sell your items on eBay for a fee. You can find a local Trading Assistant by searching the Trading Assistants Directory. Learn more about how the program works.

ATUL
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hello,
Some members have posted excellent and detailed suggestions for you. I believe you will be able to start your books selling business soon. I just want to add a small caution. After you start selling, if you receive some strange offers from Nigeria please do not agree to those. They are mostly frauds. You can ask other members on the boards for their comments on anything suspicious. But there is nothing more to worry.
Selling on ebay is very easy. You can put your books on sale even Free of listing charge also. Just start with a single interesting book to get the experience of listings. Soon you will learn all by yourself and then you can add more & more items to your online sale. I am sure you will enjoy the experience. .

Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 8 of 8
latest reply