cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal Bill of Exports (PBE-I) for GST Refunds and Shipping International Orders received on eBay

Postal Bill of Exports PBE-I for GST Refunds for all international sellers on eBay

Finally, on 14th June 2018, the government has implemented a method for e-commerce sellers shipping via IndiaPost, to realize their sales as exports. With this step, the e-commerce exporters will be able to receive the GST refund.

The duly filled PBE-I has to be furnished by the exporter to the FPO at the time of booking the shipments and it will serve as an equivalent of a Shipping Bill.

This will help all of the eBay exporters (crossborder sellers) to receive GST Refunds.

I am attaching the format for your reference. 

Please share your inputs, updates etc to help us all to understand, follow and simplify the procedure. I shall be happy to answer any questions to the best of my understanding on this thread. 
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Postal Bill of Exports (PBE-I) for GST Refunds and Shipping International Orders received on eBa

@optical-storm wrote:

Thanks for your answer , can we get PBE for old packages if we hire some agent . We are in a non FPO city. How about declaration do you guys declare same value on Customs declaration or reduced so buyer won't get charged custom duties like chinese sellers ?

can we get PBE for old packages if we hire some agent
Yes. In Mumbai,  Delhi and Chennai, plenty of reliable agents are available.  I am not in touch with any seller based from Kolkata, hence, not sure if agents are available there.

do you guys declare same value on Customs declaration or reduced so buyer won't get charged custom duties like chinese sellers ?

I do not know about other sellers. I declare the exact value and if a buyer asks to lower the value, I simple ask them to cancel the transaction. I never entertain dishonest customers. If they leave negative feedback, then eBay removes them considering the communication in eBay messages.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Re: Postal Bill of Exports (PBE-I) for GST Refunds and Shipping International Orders received on eBa

"Do you have a FPO in your city to send the items via India post or do you use the e-commerce service of DHL?"
How would this answer benefit you? This information that you seek is of no use to you.

Thanks, but no thanks.  It would help anyone understand the process to send the items via India Post.  I believe you mentioned that you would be assisting people with their queries.

I am surprised to know that one of the fellow members send goods to US via India post without a PBE-1 form (procedures). He happens to be from a city where there is a FPO.
Do you believe you should steal because someone else is stealing?

I didn't say he's stealing or I intend to steal.  If that would have been the case, I would have been selling on Facebook, whatsapp instead of taking a GSTIN Number and IEC.  I was wondering why his consignments are processed by the Customs.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

One cannot ask for a refund of iGST paid of 2017.  Its mentiioned in the Annual Return as well.

Best is take LUT from GST department and file your returns without payment of iGST.  I don't think even the agents will be able to get you the PBE for old consignments, as its supposed to be filled by you and submit along with your consignments.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

if we take LUT & ship our package by India Post still we are required to supply PBE . don't we ?

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

hello sir,

i read ypur post ,i am new ebay exporter,and belong to no FPO city bhavnagar,gujarat.i asked my near my fpo ahmedabad on a call ,so they are advising me to attach filled PBE-1 out of the parcel,so i want to know that what will be done with second copy ?i.e. how can i get gst refund as i will not get any pbe copy from custom in this procedure,

please help me in this case,i cant understand procedure if a seller belongs to non FPO city.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply