cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal Bill of Exports (PBE-I) for GST Refunds and Shipping International Orders received on eBay

Postal Bill of Exports PBE-I for GST Refunds for all international sellers on eBay

Finally, on 14th June 2018, the government has implemented a method for e-commerce sellers shipping via IndiaPost, to realize their sales as exports. With this step, the e-commerce exporters will be able to receive the GST refund.

The duly filled PBE-I has to be furnished by the exporter to the FPO at the time of booking the shipments and it will serve as an equivalent of a Shipping Bill.

This will help all of the eBay exporters (crossborder sellers) to receive GST Refunds.

I am attaching the format for your reference. 

Please share your inputs, updates etc to help us all to understand, follow and simplify the procedure. I shall be happy to answer any questions to the best of my understanding on this thread. 
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Postal Bill of Exports (PBE-I) for GST Refunds and Shipping International Orders received on eBa

We have been taking PBE-1 since August 2018 every day and we don't find this difficult process at all. In fact, it is good that now these exports have received a legal procedure.

@herbsfromindia wrote:

For sellers selling average 10 to 20 packets per day is a diffiuclt task now. Postal Bill of exports for GST refunds are worth for sellers selling more than 100 packets a day. Will be a daunting task for small sellers to hire a broker and get the packets cleared everyday and very difficult for sellers residing in small towns where packets are not permissable to be booked at small post offices now. 

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

Re: Postal Bill of Exports (PBE-I) for GST Refunds and Shipping International Orders received on eBa

Take PBE from FPO through an agent.

Or

Use DHL E-commerce.

@thewishstore wrote:

Hi, What we can do if we are not located in FPO city, Like mumbai, delhi or channai 

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

Does it make sense to travel for more than 5 hours (one way) to get the documentation done at the FPO? Everything is being done online, why can’t they simplify things?

My question remains: what happens to the parcel which I shipped without the PBE-1? Will it be retained or shipped back to me?
Message 23 of 35
latest reply

Also, I came across a website: pikmybox.com. One can fill all the required documents online and it can be submitted?

Can anyone reconfirm, if they are using something like this?
Message 24 of 35
latest reply

@tilkut_bhandaar wrote:
Does it make sense to travel for more than 5 hours (one way) to get the documentation done at the FPO? Everything is being done online, why can’t they simplify things?

My question remains: what happens to the parcel which I shipped without the PBE-1? Will it be retained or shipped back to me?

Parcels without PBE, will be RTO to you.

You have no choice now. PBE is a mandatory thing. 

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Do you have a FPO in your city to send the items via India post or do you use the e-commerce service of DHL?

I am surprised to know that one of the fellow members send goods to US via India post without a PBE-1 form (procedures). He happens to be from a city where there is a FPO.

On a serious note, DGFT should stop issuing ICE number if the seller happens to be from a city where there are no FPOs.
Message 26 of 35
latest reply

Hi
Can i claim for all the igst I paid from July 2017? and my post office haven't asked for PBE yet and all my packages are reaching to the destinations.
Message 27 of 35
latest reply

Without PBE, now, if you ask for refunds, you wlll invite fantastic troubles for yourself. 

@optical-storm wrote:
Hi
Can i claim for all the igst I paid from July 2017? and my post office haven't asked for PBE yet and all my packages are reaching to the destinations.

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

"Do you have a FPO in your city to send the items via India post or do you use the e-commerce service of DHL?"
How would this answer benefit you? This information that you seek is of no use to you.

I am surprised to know that one of the fellow members send goods to US via India post without a PBE-1 form (procedures). He happens to be from a city where there is a FPO.
Do you believe you should steal because someone else is stealing?

On a serious note, DGFT should stop issuing ICE number if the seller happens to be from a city where there are no FPOs.
You may send your recommendation to the government.

@tilkut_bhandaar wrote:
Do you have a FPO in your city to send the items via India post or do you use the e-commerce service of DHL?

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

Thanks for your answer , can we get PBE for old packages if we hire some agent . We are in a non FPO city. How about declaration do you guys declare same value on Customs declaration or reduced so buyer won't get charged custom duties like chinese sellers ?

Message 30 of 35
latest reply