cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Postal Bill of Exports (PBE-I) for GST Refunds and Shipping International Orders received on eBay

Postal Bill of Exports PBE-I for GST Refunds for all international sellers on eBay

Finally, on 14th June 2018, the government has implemented a method for e-commerce sellers shipping via IndiaPost, to realize their sales as exports. With this step, the e-commerce exporters will be able to receive the GST refund.

The duly filled PBE-I has to be furnished by the exporter to the FPO at the time of booking the shipments and it will serve as an equivalent of a Shipping Bill.

This will help all of the eBay exporters (crossborder sellers) to receive GST Refunds.

I am attaching the format for your reference. 

Please share your inputs, updates etc to help us all to understand, follow and simplify the procedure. I shall be happy to answer any questions to the best of my understanding on this thread. 
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Postal Bill of Exports (PBE-I) for GST Refunds and Shipping International Orders received on eBa

How do you conclude that PBE-I is not required if you have only 1 or 2 parcels? Its a different thing that your parcels are cleared and you do not want to follow procedure but PBE-I is a mandatory requirement whether you have 2 parcels or 200.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Re: Postal Bill of Exports (PBE-I) for GST Refunds and Shipping International Orders received on eBa

"Gift Mode" does not exist. Its a false declaration. PBE-I is compulsory. As long as the Customs Officers do not track a seller, they can evade this . Once they track the seller, then evasioon of PBE-I would be difficult.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

These are the Steps for you:

1. Ask your Local Post Office to give you the Tracking Sheet.
2. Make PBE-I
3. Visit the FPO and get the Shipping Bill Number on PBE-I and Customs Stamp.
4. Book the Shipments in your Local Post Office.
5. Ask the Post Master of your Local Post Office to keep the Photocopy of the PBE-I with your shipments. Make a special bag for you. Post Master will do this for you if you share good relations with them. 

Alternatively, appoint an agent there who can arrange PBE-I for you. Then book the shipments in your local post office. Your agent will be in touch with the customs and take care of everything.

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

dear sir,i am new seller,please help me regarding postal bill of export,what is this and how can fill it.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Howmany FPO's are in INDIA? and where they are located?

@real.phoenix wrote:

These are the Steps for you:

1. Ask your Local Post Office to give you the Tracking Sheet.
2. Make PBE-I
3. Visit the FPO and get the Shipping Bill Number on PBE-I and Customs Stamp.
4. Book the Shipments in your Local Post Office.
5. Ask the Post Master of your Local Post Office to keep the Photocopy of the PBE-I with your shipments. Make a special bag for you. Post Master will do this for you if you share good relations with them. 

Alternatively, appoint an agent there who can arrange PBE-I for you. Then book the shipments in your local post office. Your agent will be in touch with the customs and take care of everything.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

What is a tracking sheet?  So, we need to get in touch with the nearest FPO for any PBE1.  What if I don't file for refund for iGST paid?  This will be like incurring expenses will be more than the paying the iGST.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Tracking Sheet = Postal Barcode Sheet (RG123456789IN)

So, we need to get in touch with the nearest FPO for any PBE1.  = YES

What if I don't file for refund for iGST paid? = You don't have to file for refund of you work without LUT as Export Taxable or IGST Paid. The refund process is automatic.

This will be like incurring expenses will be more than the paying the iGST. = Yes, until and unless you received refunds. Hence, set your prices on eBay accordingly.

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

If you have shipping bills and if your shipping bills and invoice data matches with the icegate data, then yes. Else, you won't get any refund.

@metretechin-6 wrote:
Will I get refund for supplies done by FedEx dhl or other courier

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Contact the nearest FPO.

@ayushveda.dhn wrote:

dear sir,i am new seller,please help me regarding postal bill of export,what is this and how can fill it.

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

No. Its getting better and simpler. Sellers who do not want to follow procedures will be eliminated and the genuine sellers will flourish.

@audiophileindian wrote:

What a joke. Instead of making it easier for us, they are making it difficult. I can hardly sell 10 to 30 items per month and now my post office told me- i have to go foreign post office for shipping. I cannot run between cities to ship a handful of small packets. They said-  First custom officer will scan and clear the packets and then book the packets. Their site says- due to shortage of staff, brokers can be used. When do we get fair and honest laws in this country without the smell of of bribary and corruption.

Message 20 of 35
latest reply