cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraudulence of a seller & thereafter no action taken by Ebay

biswadutt
Community Member

Dear Sir, I am very sorry to intimate you about an incidence of cheating and fraudulence being committed by some seller, advertised at your site. A seller, name: sujan kadaria, mobile no.:<Removed>, email: <Removed> has recently advertised at your site for selling a laptop of 'Acer Nitro 5 Core i7 7th Gen - 16 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB', Item ID: 302486264410. The laptop was advertised for bidding and I participated in bidding placing an amount of Rs. 40,000/-. On 15.10.2017 morning, I got an email both from you and seller intimating that I owned the bid and to pay Rs. 40,000/- through your site to get that laptop. I then contacted one of your customer care representative over calling at your toll free no who finally intimated that I have to pay Rs. 39,700/- for the aforesaid laptop after applying one coupon code for Rs. 300/-. Accordingly I paid Rs. 39,700/- from your site by applying my HDFC credit card. After that I got an SMS from you on 2.28 PM on that day quoting that 'We've received your order for "Acer Nitro 5 Core...". Estimated delivery between 20 Oct to 21 Oct". But after some time at about 16.41 PM, I got one phone call from the seller(mob no.: 9066836051) intimating that the price of the above laptop has been reduced to Rs. 32,500/- and he had initiated refund of Rs. 39,700/- to my bank account. He also told me to pay the amount of Rs.32,500/- separately and asked me to tell him my bank details. Though initially I was very happy to pay the reduced amount of Rs.32,000/- but I felt doubt to give him my bank details. In this time he rang me several times and insisted me to pay Rs. 20,000/- initially and the remaining amount to pay after receiving the laptop. It was took some time for me to realize his bad intention. He again insisted me to tell him the "OTP" as would be sent to my mobile during transaction. He also told me that Ebay has full support of such type of transaction. I then disconnected myself talking with the seller and on several attempts, was able to connect with your representative at your toll free no. I intimated all the facts to your representative who finally warned me not to obey the seller proposal for sending money directly and also intimated me that in that case , Ebay would not be responsible for the deal. However, I did not give OTP to the seller though he called me several times and insisted me to do so. Now my question is to you that 1. how can seller have the audacity to commit such fraudulence/ cheating with the customer by advertising at your reputed site and by going to fake bidding. 2. how seller could cancel the order by his own choice and whims when the customer had paid enough time since some days for this purchase by participating in bidding and thereafter owned the bid and finally paid full amount through your site. 3. how seller could insist the customer to pay the amount by sending bank details and thereafter OTP so generated separately to the seller without going through you. This is completely unethical and anybody can get into their trap which in turn, certainly perpetuates losing their hard earned money. My worried is that this fraudulence is going on at the reputed site like you. How could man can belief you also. You must have check and balance with the seller who advertise at your site. You are not 'Quikr' where anybody can advertise and delete the same at their choice. You are the reputed one and your business, so far my knowledge, is not limited within India but spreads all over world. A copy of email correspondence between seller and myself is being enclosed herewith for ready reference. Lastly, I humbly request you once again to take some legal action against the seller and try to force him for compensation. Awating to get reply from you on early basis. regards, Biswajit Dutta, Mobile:<Removed>

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0