cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay's File a CLAIM system DID NOT WORK FOR 10 DAYS and was acknowledged by ebay. Yet no refund!

I purchased a laptop several months ago on ebay (it was one of several dozen laptops I have purchsed on ebay and this was the only problematic one).   It came with missing parts and the seller was clearly not the most trustworthy I have encountered on ebay.  So I filed a claim, in order to return the laptop for a refund.  Nothing happened - no acknowledgement ebay and when I checked on ebay, there was no record of it.   It was not the first time I was using the system so I know ebay's system was not working properly.  

So I had a chat with ebay customer support.   The full chat transcript is here: http://bit.ly/1TtmlEP (and also attached to this post)

As it can be seen from the chat, the customer service representative acknowledged that the ebay complaint system was not working and asked me to file the complaint again in future "when it starts working" - clearly not understanding that a week is long enough period to have waited.  Since I could not wait indefinetely, I had to file a complaint againt ebay with my credit card company and there was a long drawn argument between my credit card company (citibank) and the ebay bank (I was periodically called to clarification), eventually which was credited in my favor.  After it was credited in my favor, I got an email from ebay that I must "send a cheque / demand draft to PaisaPay for this reversal amount at the earliest".  

I still have the laptop with me, but not out of choice - I would have liked to return the laptop to the seller but could have only done so through the ebay system, which was not workign and acknowledged by ebay.  So without waiting for eternity to get ebay to take responsibility, my only option was to seek help from my credit card company.  

I would like to request ebay to allow me to return the laptop to the seller instead of the amount, which I have refuted from the start. 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0