cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ebay fooling buyers with help of their sellers, powersellers

pritam1006
Community Member
I read postings about ebay great, nice online shopping place etc. Ask me its not true. They are just fooling buyers with their sellers, powersellers. Also they show you big hopes - YOU ARE COVERED UNDER PROTECTION POLICY etc.

All fake promisses...

I had bought HTC phone from one of powersellers who promised sellers warranty, pick up from & delivering your phone to your door step after resolving problem in case if any, etc. This seller threatens buyers not to report him to ebay else all warranty commitements will be broken!

First of all, seller is selling HTC Touch 3G 3238+ device saying its original HTD device. Whereas, when checked with HTC, its 3232 which is original model & they dont have any model as 3238!!!

As I had received faulty handsfree, I reported the same to seller. He asked me to courier it to him (his commitement was doorstep pick up & drop!). I couriered it to him & now he is saying, he hasnt recieved it!

He has not given me invoice of the purchase which is must.

I reported all this to ebay but they say ebay protection period is over. So now its my baby & I have to take care of it, how do I manage it is not their (ebay's) concern! I spoke to them over phone & GREAT eaby representative tells me, you have reached us late & now you sort out the issue with seller the way you want!!! What a professional answer!!!

ebay also tells me, "Those who offer either a written warranty or service contract with the items must in their item descriptions provide the following:

!)The full text of the written warranty,
!!)Warranty period
!!!)Things covered under warranty
v!)Key exceptions to warranty
v)Process to make a claim " etc. However, ebay doesnt ensure that their sellers whoever giving seller's warranty adhere to all these points mentioned above!

I had sent mails to ebay customer support, trust & safety team, raised issue in "feedback to eaby India team" but all in vain. They have earned their money (through fees collected from listing fees) & now I get fake phone, bad seller service or no service at all, no invoice proving my purchase all this is not their concern!!! But they promise you safe online purchse!!!

I really dont say all sellers are bad, but some are FRAUDS for sure...
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

powersales6666
Community Member
There is a 3238 as well The Same Model 3232 is also known as the Dopod T3238 AKA 3232.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ufo_big
Community Member
Your complaint is full of inconsistencies:

1. You have not given the eBay item id, so there is no way to verify which item you have purchased.

2. Your statement that HTC Touch 3G 3238+ phone does not exist is not based on facts. Just give the model number in Google and see the result.

3. You have presumed HTC Touch 3G 3238+ does not exist and based on this presumption you are declaring it is fake and faulty. You have not mentined what was the fault in the phone. This is not correct.

4.you told, "You couriered the phone and seller did not receive it". Why don't you give the tracking number and courier site here, so that it can be proved from tracking that he indeed received it.

5. You have claimed in eBay after the protection period is over. Why did you wait for more than good 30 days (allowed by eBay to claim) when you know product is faulty
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ebay is a very frustrating experience now a days. I use ebay as my last option now. Global ebay has further made me realize why I should avoid ebay.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

pritam1006
Community Member
To: ufo_big

In reply to your comments...
1. My listing was almost 5 months before on ebay somewhere in Aug-10. I have seperately taken it with ebay hence dont wish to give it in here.
2. I nowhere in my feedback wrote that HTC Touch 3G 3238+ doesnt exist. I have bought one on ebay! What I mean here is HTC Touch 3G 3238+ is not official device from ebay. I would suggest, google HTC Touch 3G 3238+ & you wont find in result HTC's official site. However, when put 3232, you will find in results HTC's official site. You can verymuch verify with HTC itself if they have launched 3238+
3. I have not mentioned that the phone I received was faulty but the handsfree I received was faulty. If you ask me about the handset, it very much looks as well as works like original one but that doesnt mean its original HTC phone! I do remember once I had found site wherein you will get all the branded phones which look exactly like original phones of those brands. Also the site claimed to use same quality parts to make those replica phones! I think it was myreplicaphone.com
Further, if you ask me what was fault in the phone, it doesnt accept any additional applications, in listing, seller had shown pictures of handset with TouchFLO which is main feature of the original HTC Touch 3G T3232 however, handset I recieved hand some different screen/skeen. I reported this too to the seller but he couldnt give proper solution. The slot for front speaker just above the screen is quite wide. When I showed this device to HTC authorised service centre, they also found this slot bit unobvious!
4.I am following matter of missing handsfree with seller as well as ebay. However, as ebay has completely raised their hands in this matter telling me that - "Please remember that eBay is a marketplace, a platform where sellers and buyers can meet and trade. eBay never sees, takes possession of, inspects, or authenticates the goods. Since eBay is not the buyer or seller in the actual transaction that takes place, therefore unable to directly intervene." The reason I dont wish to give details of missing shipment in here because this is place where buyers, sellers or ebay members can share their experiences, give feedback to ebay openely.
5.Reason I reported things to ebay late because it took long enough for me also to realise that the device is not original product! I had searched on net, interacted with technical people online & also with HTC, etc. & then reached to conclusion that the device I received was not original HTC product! Also, meanwhile seller also took long to reply back & when he stopped replying back finally, I had no other option than to report it to ebay. Unfortunatley, I am late & ebay happy to say "you are out of ebay protection policy period!"

Reason for my feedback was to tell ebay in public that what they did with me was wrong (not showing any courtesy to help me get the issues with seller resolved). Whatever commitements sellers make, they make it on ebay's site & thus its their responsibility too to help buyers resolve their problems. At least they should ensure buyers not gatting fake products. When they allow any seller to sell his/her products, they must ensure that the products are genuine - at least when they are claimed to be branded like HTC, Nokia, BlackBerry. Their statement "eBay never sees, takes possession of, inspects, or authenticates the goods." is what at least I feel is wrong!

I dont have complaint against all the sellers as I said earlier too but some really are fooling people & agony is ebay keeping mum!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply