ebay doesn't let u leave a negative feedback!

vasapra2002
Community Member
I have been a member of ebay India, USA and UK for more than 03 yrs. I have had a wonderful experience with ebay USA, but, can't say the same for ebay India. So far, I didn't require to leave a negative feedback. I was surprised to know that ebay doesn't let u leave a negative feedback for its sellers. I have been trying to leave a negative feedback for one of the purchases for more than a week. Each time the website directs u to a tutorial when u click on neg feedback. promptly a questionnaire appears that doesn't work and u r redirected to page 1 of tutorial. I have tried to complete the tutorial for more than 50 times, but still could not leave a neg feedback. Initially I thought that this may be a temporary problem, but now its been one week and I could not suceed to complete it. Meanwhile, I left a positive feedback for other item that was promptly accepted. there may be lakhs of customers experiencing the same and most of them must have stopped trying after a few attempts. I feel most of the ratings do not reflect the actual customer satisfaction. poor quality products are being promoted and buyers get fooled by exceptionally high positive ratings for sellers( neg are not permitted). I would request all buyers to attempt wat I have experienced so far.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

9tanks
Community Member
yes indeed...i too had a similar experience where my negative f/b was not reflecting ...whereas positive ones are posted at once,,,dont know why Ethical principals of US standards are not followed in India.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

9tanks
Community Member
yes indeed...i too had a similar experience where my negative f/b was not reflecting ...whereas positive ones are posted at once,,,dont know why Ethical principals of US standards are not followed in India.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi,
If a seller gives full buyer protection personally and eBay stands as a guaranter,isnt that okay?
Sellers also should be very careful.
A seller cant afford to make mistake or negotiate quality in online business.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

vasapra2002
Community Member
Yes, all the ratings u see on ebay india are a farce. I think the matter should be taken up with consumer court.
Dr V Vas
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hello,

We have been regualarly getting negative ratings and so have other sellers, so there is really no problem with the system.

Buyer can and are leaving negative ratings.

The problem you mentioned is either a temporary one or problem with your browser cache. You can try deleting cookies, etc. from your browser window and try again.

Infact the biggest grudge of Indian sellers is that Indian buyers are very quick to leave negative ratings whereas the international buyer are very patient and understanding when ratings sellers. This is the wide opinion of all seller who are trading in India as well as selling Internationally.

Regards,

Devesh
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Dear friends,
I am fully agree with veedeedirect regarding the Indian Buyers leaving Negative feedback very quickly and without giving any chance to sellers to resolve the problem, Many time seller do not get any message also if the buyer have any problem. Some buyers also leave Neutral Rating to get some information like

" in whose favor the DD should be drawn"(Neutral Rating
).

When I will get the item"(negative feedback)

So, I think Indian Buyers need to educate about feedback as one or two Negative feedback from Buyers may hamper seller business.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hello Deep Ji,
I saw Mishraji giving you neutral.He was a new buyer at that time.But I did not like that.
Buyer must think 10 times before leaving neutral and 100 times before leaving negative.
Tell you frankly,I like international buyers.They will file dispute and try to resolve any problem.
You want your money and shipping cost back,that is reasonable.
You pay means you pay for my item.You dont buy me.
This is a community.
Todays buyer will eventually become tomorrows seller.
If eBay wants to educate,what is wrong with that!!!
Patience is a virtue.Man is a social animal.I saw husband beating up wife for just no reason whatsoever.In US,this husband would have landed in prison.In India,we want unreasonable azadi.
What do you say??
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Even I have faced some issues regarding the feedback. I couldn't see my profile for 15-20 min on 19th May 07. It was showing "Please try after 30 min".

I think there was going an update in the feedback system. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 9 of 9
latest reply