Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Guarantee*:100% satisfaction of eBay purchase; or replacement/ refund

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

We at eBay India are excited to share news on the launch of eBay Guarantee*!

Shopping on eBay is delightful for our buyers, as they get to find Lots of Safe Easy Deals along with the convenience of round the clock shopping and doorstep delivery. We achieve this by working closely with our sellers who are fully committed to delivering a great buyer experience!

However as India is still in the early stages of online shopping, our buyer’s tend to have some concerns about the item purchased being as they had understood, prompt delivery, and empathetic help in case anything goes wrong. Keeping this in mind and with an aim to deliver customer delight, we are launching the eBay Guarantee* program from the 20th of April 2010.

“If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase on eBay, eBay will ensure that you receive a replacement or a full refund within 20 days”.

eBay Guarantee* will have multiple benefits for our buyers:
1. If a buyer is not 100% satisfied with her/his purchase on eBay, we will ensure replacement or a refund as per the below timelines:
a. Replacement of item within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer OR
b. Refund of total purchase price within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer
2. Buyers can register their unsatisfactory experience by informing a customer support representative by phone/chat or email or by registering the issue on site in the form of a dispute
3. The eBay Guarantee* Protection applies to all transactions done on eBay India and through Global Easy Buy
4. The entire transaction amount (item price + shipping charges) will be refunded to the buyer
5. Return shipment when required will be reimbursed to the buyer by eBay

Our seller protection and seller performance policies have also been revamped to ensure NO misuse of the eBay Guarantee* Program, the salient features of the seller protection policy are:
1. A seller can avail protection against loss incurred by him for refund / replacement made to the buyer through eBay Guarantee* program where Seller is not found to be at fault. A Seller can avail protection where:
a. The seller has shipped the product to the buyer with valid proof of dispatch and the buyer is in possession of the product
b.The buyer has returned the product to the seller but the seller has not received the same or received in damaged condition
2. A Seller is eligible to avail protection up to the item price of the product mentioned in the listing
3. To avail protection the seller should
a. Inform eBay about such loss within 10 days of such buyer claim closure date
b. Actively participate in the eBay Guarantee* process to resolve the buyer concern
4. All “Item not Received (INR)” disputes (including PaisaPay INR) raised by buyers where a valid proof of dispatch is not available, will be part of the Seller non performance (SNP) policy & will impact seller segmentation as per SNP policy

Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, contact our Customer Service team or attend Online Workshop on eBay Guarantee* from 4-5 PM on 8th April, 2010. To post your question, click on Post Reply link.

We at eBay.in will continue to work towards delivering a super user experience and a trusted environment where online shopping can thrive and are confident that happy buyers will place their trust in eBay and come back to buy from eBay sellers again and again!

*Terms & Conditions applicable

Thanks & Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: eBay Guarantee*:100% satisfaction of eBay purchase; or replacement/ refund

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
I dont think Indian market place is ready for this type of policy. Just that eBay should see this policy is not abused by buyers, which is very common amongst the Indian online buyer.
Also, please drop your biased attitude towards buyers. have some protection for sellers as well. Like you have revised buyer protection policy, please revise seller protection policy as well. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 81 of 88
latest reply

udayparekh2009
Community Member
Man I have ordered 16gb pen camera and insihozi user have sent me 4 gb.

Can you just tell me how can I prove that He sent me 4gb?

Thats a problem with cheater insihozi
Message 82 of 88
latest reply

kiara.electronics-2009
Community Member
@ Raj.... I have opened a new topic for this "First Casualty of of eBay Guarantee Programme" i hope we all discuss this in lenght , what has happened to me today may happen to anyone else anyday.
Message 83 of 88
latest reply

eBay Guarantee did not work. A Seller sold me a FAKE/SPURIOUS IETM no. ***, but eBay could not resolve the case satisfactorily.

A Highly dissatisfied customer who lost valuable money on fake item sold on eBay.

N Ansari

Message 84 of 88
latest reply

bhasinmu
Community Member
Dated : 03/12/14
Dear  sir/Madam,

Through this mail i would like to inform you that its being long time i had being your customer and maintaining a excellent record with E-bay .I ordered a projector with order ref no :37961088206..i would like to inform you that i am not at all happy and satisfy with this product as the display is very poor and not as expected.. its my humble request to you to kindly reverse these charges... I am promised by your colleague that these charges would be reverser back to my card as promised by your employee otherwise i'll be taking E-bay  to consumer court for false promise and commit to the customer.regarding this i have already called E-bay 5 times .  and i am not any satisfactory response and i am fed up now. so kindly make it on priority basis otherwise i will report it to media and social networking website.

Note : copy of this Email will remain with me for further Legal action
in the matter.

Thanks and Regards
Message 85 of 88
latest reply

Do not buy from this creepy website.

I haven't recieved funds from 2 months. Every time call they say we will refund in 1 week no response. Paisa Pay Id is 40753327745

Do not commit what you can't achieve 100% satisfaction... TOTALLY **bleep**T....

Message 86 of 88
latest reply

rdha6465
Community Member

Total bull**bleep** !!!!! 

Message 87 of 88
latest reply

Sir,My self JOYDEB DAS.My paisa pay id-42083060635.Prepaid Order date-09/03/16.End of the last date of delivery,Order was not received & No tracking details is shown yet.I have been claimed.CLAIM ID-1805294 dated 19/03/16.After claimed, ebay guarantee team resent me a receipt-If item received or not received via email.but I have no internet connection during this period.so I can't resposed.thats why It is treated as received.Thats why ebay guarantee team assumed that product was received and rejects my claim dated 29/03/16 But I have not received till.I have called ebay guarantee 03/04/16 &07/04/16 & 12/04/16.But no request is processed farther.Please take proper steps to refund my money & expect good serv.
Message 88 of 88
latest reply