Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Guarantee*:100% satisfaction of eBay purchase; or replacement/ refund

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

We at eBay India are excited to share news on the launch of eBay Guarantee*!

Shopping on eBay is delightful for our buyers, as they get to find Lots of Safe Easy Deals along with the convenience of round the clock shopping and doorstep delivery. We achieve this by working closely with our sellers who are fully committed to delivering a great buyer experience!

However as India is still in the early stages of online shopping, our buyer’s tend to have some concerns about the item purchased being as they had understood, prompt delivery, and empathetic help in case anything goes wrong. Keeping this in mind and with an aim to deliver customer delight, we are launching the eBay Guarantee* program from the 20th of April 2010.

“If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase on eBay, eBay will ensure that you receive a replacement or a full refund within 20 days”.

eBay Guarantee* will have multiple benefits for our buyers:
1. If a buyer is not 100% satisfied with her/his purchase on eBay, we will ensure replacement or a refund as per the below timelines:
a. Replacement of item within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer OR
b. Refund of total purchase price within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer
2. Buyers can register their unsatisfactory experience by informing a customer support representative by phone/chat or email or by registering the issue on site in the form of a dispute
3. The eBay Guarantee* Protection applies to all transactions done on eBay India and through Global Easy Buy
4. The entire transaction amount (item price + shipping charges) will be refunded to the buyer
5. Return shipment when required will be reimbursed to the buyer by eBay

Our seller protection and seller performance policies have also been revamped to ensure NO misuse of the eBay Guarantee* Program, the salient features of the seller protection policy are:
1. A seller can avail protection against loss incurred by him for refund / replacement made to the buyer through eBay Guarantee* program where Seller is not found to be at fault. A Seller can avail protection where:
a. The seller has shipped the product to the buyer with valid proof of dispatch and the buyer is in possession of the product
b.The buyer has returned the product to the seller but the seller has not received the same or received in damaged condition
2. A Seller is eligible to avail protection up to the item price of the product mentioned in the listing
3. To avail protection the seller should
a. Inform eBay about such loss within 10 days of such buyer claim closure date
b. Actively participate in the eBay Guarantee* process to resolve the buyer concern
4. All “Item not Received (INR)” disputes (including PaisaPay INR) raised by buyers where a valid proof of dispatch is not available, will be part of the Seller non performance (SNP) policy & will impact seller segmentation as per SNP policy

Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, contact our Customer Service team or attend Online Workshop on eBay Guarantee* from 4-5 PM on 8th April, 2010. To post your question, click on Post Reply link.

We at eBay.in will continue to work towards delivering a super user experience and a trusted environment where online shopping can thrive and are confident that happy buyers will place their trust in eBay and come back to buy from eBay sellers again and again!

*Terms & Conditions applicable

Thanks & Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

anil ji

can you clarify the case of what should i do in pallavidutta case which i had experience and i was helpless

pls ready my prvious post and if possible contact me.

regards
Message 71 of 88
latest reply

Mr. Anil, How will items received damaged by buyer case be resolved by ebay, because courier cos reimburse the damaged product cost if returned by buyer but if buyer accepts item then the courier cos will not reimburse the cost so what happens in such a case and who will bear the loss of damage and how will ebay decide who is to be held responsible ?.

Can a buyer file claim for the same item more than once within the 30 day period ?.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 72 of 88
latest reply

indiancharms
Community Member
hi anil,
we jewellery sellers would be worst hit since buyer's now have option to rent the jewellery for 7 days and then claim refund for item stating it was not as per liking or simply some vague reason? how do we solve this issue?
who will judge the authencity of the situation? how will ebay judge the dispute?
:-(
Regards,
aria.jewels
Message 73 of 88
latest reply

Day by day its getting hard for sellers to sell on ebay. This new Seller policy seems more confusing. Someone please explain it....
Message 74 of 88
latest reply

100s of Good Sellers was left because of ebay's anti seller policy and 1000s will left with this new policies.

One day only cheaters and thugs will sell and buy on ebay India.

Then it might be too late.

Samin
Message 75 of 88
latest reply

sunilrj
Community Member
i face a peculiar problem. i sold a HP DV 9734 windows Vista laptop on November 24th. on dec 24th the buyer calls up and tells me that he installed Linux and that the hard drive is corrupted and that linux says that the "battery is broken" which means battery doesnt charge 100% and that i should replace the laptop. ebay guarantee programme will surely help adventurous buyers like him who experiment and then dont want to have the product when their experiment fails!
Message 76 of 88
latest reply

sunilrj
Community Member
i have a few case scenarios:
1. what happens if a seller sells a perfume..the buyer uses 40% of the perfume and then says that the perfume is not good, the scent isnt pleasant and invokes the ebay guarantee ???

2. i sell a mobile on ebay. the buyer uses the mobile for a week, sees a better deal / better handset / newer handset and invokes the ebay guarantee ?/ eg: buyer purcahses Nokia N 97. the call timer reads 0:08:56. the buyer sees that Nokia N900 is available and wants to upgrade without losing his money.

3. buyer buys inner garments. uses them for a week. finds that the comfort of Jockey is better than the undergarments that he purchased on ebay. wants a refund..

4. buyer buys a laptop. while unpacking drops the laptop and damages it. he wants a replacement and says seller sent a damaged laptop. say the laptop cost is 101,000/- where will the seller go..?

5. buyer buys a LCD TV. while mounting it on the wall presses on the display and cracks it. can he invoke guarantee and make the seller replace the TV..?
Message 77 of 88
latest reply

kiara.electronics-2009
Community Member
I think im the latest casualty of the "eBay Guarantee" program.

A buyer received the item on 23rd April, and said he did not like the item and i aksed him to send it back the same day and take a refund/exchange, he asked me to call afterwards as he was busy in his offfice , i called up at 8 he said he is driving, i called up at 9:30 he said he is out on dinner with his friends, then he stops answereing my calls.

On 4th Mat after 11 precise days i get a call from Mr. Aniket from Ebay that the person has written to eBay Guarantee and asked me to refund him, when i confronted that its a loss why didn'y he call me in last 11 days, but he was admant to make me the scapegoat. At the end he asked me to talk to the buyer and offer partial refund. I called him up and kept Aniket on conference he did not pick up the phone again, then i told Aniket this is what is happening he asked me to wait and then the buyer called me up and said he picked up the call but no one spoke - then he said he wants full refund not partial.When i asked him why did'nt he call me in last 11 days and never picked up his call he told me that WHY SHOULD HE CALL I SHOULD HAVE CALLED HIM AGIN AND AGAIN, am i a fool who should have called to a person who never answered my call.

After this i wrote to Aniket that he is not accepting the offer i shall also not bear the loss of his not responding for 11 days. To my amazement i haven't got a reply from him till now.

I asked the customer care rep to ask Aniket to call me he did not.

Nopw im suck in between with no idea what is happening.
Message 78 of 88
latest reply

safahomeapp
Community Member
WHAT ABOUT SOME STUFF THEY HAVE DELICATE PARTS THE ITEM IS BROKEN BY BUYER FOR HIS ROUGH USING OF THAT ITEM WHEN HE GOT A SUPPORT FROM EBAY BUYER PROTECTION AND CLIMES FOR REFUND THE SELLER GO LOSS IN TO WAYS ONE IS SHIPPING CHARGES AND ITEM RETURNED AT DAMAGED CONDITION WHO PAYS FOR THAT . WHEN SELLER SHIP ITEMS WITH SHIPPING INSURANCE AND BUYER ACCEPT THE SHIPMENT WITH OUT CHECKING AND BY OPENING IT HE GOT DAMAGED WHO ARE THE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS LOSS ANIL JI PLEASE EXPLAIN ABOUT THIS BECAUSE IT WAS HAPPENED TO ME .WHEN I ASKED HIM WHY DONT U CHECKED THE ITEM (ROTI MAKER) THE BUYER REPLIED DO U WANT TO MAKE MY FIRST ROTI INFROUNT OF COURIER BOY WHEN ITEM WAS BROKEN IN SHIPMENT THAT WAS VISUAL DEFAULT THE BUYER TOLD THE BOY HANDLED AND RAN AWAY . IF HE CHECKS ITEM AND AT SHIPMENT INFROUNT OF COURIER BOY THERE NO PROBLEM WITH SELLER . I AM NOT AGAINEST TO BUYER PROTECTION BUT U HAVE TO INCLUDE ABOT THIS ALSO . BUYER PROTECTION IS BEST POLICY IT WILL INCREES SALES BUT U HAVE TO IMPROVE UR COSTUMER SUPPORT STAF FOR ANSWERING TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT
FOR SELLERS ALSO THEY DONT ANSWER PROPERLY AND IMPROVE UR SISTEM WHEN A CUSTOMER CALLS THEY ASK OUR USER ID REPEATEDLY THIS IS VERY EMBARRASSING . THE HOME SHOP 18 ALSO HAVE CUSTOMER CARE DEPT THEY RECOGNIGE THE CUSTEMER ONLY WITH THERE PHONE NO WHEN WE CALL OFTER ONE YEAR ALSO THEY KEEP OUR IDS PERFECTLY, AND WHEN UR GIVIG BUYER PROTECTION THEN OPEN UR ONE SHIPPING COMPANY FOR MORE SECURED SHIPPING IN ALL MAJOR CITIS IT WILL BE BETTER THERE WILLBE NO PROBLEM WITH CONFORMATION RETURNING.
Message 79 of 88
latest reply

@kiara.electronics-2009...

This is very important topic that you have raised. Please make new posting as this is not the right place to post as it is already very crowded with old messages. Please make a fresh posting so that this matter can be discussed at length.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 80 of 88
latest reply