cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why DSR for Shipping and handling charges ?????????

cosycom
Community Member
Dear eBay.in pinks & real policy makers sitting in eBay.com, this is about option given to buyers about issuing a rating to sellers for shipping & handling charges.

My question is when a buyer confirms his purchase at eBay he is fully aware of what he is asked for & is paying towards shipping & handling charges. …i.e. he agrees for these charges at the time of purchase itself. Then why he has an option to rate for this criteria.
I believe this is just another method to harass eBay sellers for no fault of theirs. These criteria of rating should be removed at the earliest.

Regards

Narinder Regards

Narinder
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

and-also
Community Member
Yes that is good Logic at work my Friend, for the other options the buyer can atleast give a non prejudicial feedback, but which the buyer agrees which a feedback , point to be noted, well guess it is made not for buyers , but for ebay , where they want us to include more cost into the original sale price, for higher final value value fees.Its kind of a snooker game, they policy is just between ebay and sellers, but they have roped in the buyers to do the trick.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
You have great brains berrynxt4u , yes this can be the only reason for enforcing this policy on sellers. Now I am satisfied that eBay has employed some great brains in their policy makers team .
we poor sellers are just Bali ka Bakra for this .

I apeal seller community to raise a collective voice against this injustice .

thanks again for such a great reply .

Narinder
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
I couldn't help but agree with ya'll.
So true but so bitter.

However, the issue is with the Indian system. we have grey market in every city, so some sellers are able to offer at really low prices as they are not paying taxes and all. but, in US there is no grey market (taxes are low, so people don't get a reason to steal)hence prices are very competitive and almost equal among all sellers (except those who are importing directly). Point is, if you selling in white, paying all taxes your selling price will usually be on higher side than those selling in Grey. no sales again, you'll be forced to buy from Grey to survive. Some times i feel that govt. is deliberately letting the Grey market survive, may be for their own personal benefits. otherwise, if govt. wants all Grey sellers can be shut down in 1 single day. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

hello456l
Community Member
As ebay said in a case, that EBAY is the platform between buyer and seller. Some sellers mark BIN price at Rs1/+postage at Rs.149/ ete. Buyers, even though they aware the market price of the material would be Rs.130 to 140/ they buy it, because, buyers may not waste time,effeort to wander here and there to purchase this one. It come to their doorsteps, with moneyback guarantee. They do not mean/care for small higher price. But they leave comments as shipping and handling is high. seller alas!.Really it is a snooker game>>>>> ebay ID-vijaysree747(vijayasri72@gmail.com)
ebay ID-vijaysree747(vijayasri72@gmail.com)
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
berrynxt4u has put it correctly, But anyways I will love to say it again.

-Seller can offer a product at particular price including shipping.

- Now he has to divide this price into 2 parts, Buy it Now Price and Shipping Charges.

- eBay wants the Shipping charges minimum and Buy it now maximum as they charge FVF fee only on Buy it now price.
(thats why they always promote Free Shipping item)

-Its like paying FVF fees even on the shipping charge.

How it affects Buyers-

This is the most tricky part.
Buyer gets carried away seeing free shipping thinking seller is paying for shipping from his pocket. But he is forced to pay actually a little extra. As in free shipping item seller will also include FVF fee on shipping as well and add it to the item price.

eg-
Seller pay's 100 Rs in actual for shipping a mobile(fixed price- 2000).

With No free shipping-
If he adds directly this under shipping charge he will put 100 Rs in shipping and 2000 Rs as Buy it now price. Total- Rs 2100

With Free shipping-
He has to pay FVF on 100 Rs of shipping and also he will include shipping charge in buy it now price.
So buy it now price becomes- 2000+100+5Rs(FVF)= Rs 2105

I request buyers not to be carried away by free shipping items where they are actually paying extra for that feel good factor. Check out matured eBay.com market where almost every product is with separate shipping charge.

Disclaimer- The example quoted is just for reference and actual shipping charges and FVF fees may differ according to category of product.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply