cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Watchout for Nigerian fraudsters on eBay (eBay does nothing)

sharathmodi
Community Member
Dear praveenb77 you are going to be Cheated by the buyer. eBay will not tell you. After you complete transaction eBay will de-register Buyer and will refuse to give you details. They will ask you to go to police etc.

These scams are known as 4 1 9 A D V A N C E F E E S C A M S. Nigerian police are trying their best, however fraudsters disappear. Your sale will also turn out to be a advance fee - read below, unless they are trying something new on you with a slight twist.

These cheats abound in eBay, eBay does nothing about it. WHY? Because it means money for them, they don't care if a seller or buyer are cheated - eBay rakes in the Moolah. Do a search on Internet (google) you will find this Nigerian story is common, it is so common it is now a joke, however people still get cheated.

Dear praveenb77 Next the Nigerian will say he is going to add Rs5000.00 to 15000.00 extra and send you a Cheque. He will ask you to pay difference to some imaginary relative who will collect difference. After you pay & a further 1 week the Cheque will bounce and your bank A/C will be overdrawn.

The difference is in 3-4 days your bank will make the money AVAILABLE it WILL NOT HAVE CLEARED. People think it has cleared and proceed only to be .......CHEATED.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Watchout for Nigerian fraudsters on eBay (eBay does nothing)

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

I have also recd such offers thrice though never agreed. However, I had answered all. After answering to the second mail, I recd a mail from ebay that I should not do any business with that guy and also some others with closely associated names as they are frauds. Haven't recd any notification from ebay for the other two offers.

I think ebay should have more employees for PR & Customer services. Best Regards
Swarup Dutta
ID : emailswarup
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 2
latest reply