Unresponsive Customer Service

adrishya
Community Member

Ebay India Claims

1. A response time of 24-48 hours

2. Protect the interests of the buyer by Guarantee

3. Asks to report unethical behaviour by Seller

I have reported multiple times to Ebay, and I get an acknowlegement email that the case will be responded to, but I don't get a response.

I bought an item where the seller asked for more money outside Ebay/PaisaPay. I reported the behaviour to ebay but nobody responded.

Ebay India is complacent and has lost a loyal customer, I have moved my business to Amazon. My multiple communications to Ebay are detailed below.

More detailed post coming.

Subject: RE: Report a member SR# 1-17595013614

I have asked twice already and asking for the third time. Below is the email I sent on 23rd November and asked for a reply again on 28th November. Jagruti, Templatized responses do not help. 1. Can you please explain what do you mean by It would be adviced in future transactions, once your issue gets resolved completely post which you may remove the feedback that you leave to the seller. 2. What does Ebay request for a seller to be reported in case he asks for a transaction to be completed outside ebay. Should I expect a response? Cheers - Varun Previous Message Follows ------------------------- eBay sent this message to Anand, Varun (adrishya). Your registered name is included to show this message came from eBay. Learn more about how to tell if an email is really from eBay. RE: Report a member SR# 1-17595013614 Hello Varun, Thank you for contacting eBay's Trust and Safety Team. My name is Jagruti and please allow me the opportunity to assist you further with your concern. As a venue for buyers and sellers to trade, eBay has limited legal powers to become involved in a buyer and seller dispute. This means that we cannot mediate, make decisions for a member, take sides, reimburse a member, force a member to live up to their obligation after the end of the listing or initiate a criminal investigation against a member. We cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. It would be adviced in future transactions, once your issue gets resolved completely post which you may remove the feedback that you leave to the seller. I trust the information provided is useful. Do let us know, if you have any questions, Regards,Jagruti Z.eBay Trust and Safety----------------------------------------If you have any query in the future, visit www.ebay.in/customersupport and enter keyword(s) in the search box to find instant answers, or reach us by phone, chat or email. Before calling us, don’t forget to generate a unique PIN by clicking Contact Us and select a suitable topic for which you wish to speak to us. This will enable us to save your precious time and quickly connect you to a suitable executive to assist you.---------------------------------------- [THREAD ID:1-82ZM7E8]-----Original Message----- From: varun@varunanand.comSent: 11/22/2013 07:49:44 AMSubject: Report a member Sent: 2013-11-22 00:49:24.0 Subject: Report a member Enter your question / concern I ordered a phone Samsung Galaxy I8552, 5 MP Camera, with 1year manufacture warranty - opens in a new window or tab (121109981838) - Price: Rs. 13,250.00 I never recieved the item. The seller contacted me outside Ebay for more money. When I refused he did not ship the product. Now the price of the product has increased and I have been refunded the money. The problem is, 1. Seller contacted me outside Ebay 2. Seller did not ship the item as promised. 3. The price of the product has increased 4. I have a case for the phone I never got 5. My ebay voucher is unused Because of this I am left with two options 1. Buy the phone at higher price (increase my budget) 2. Let the cover go waste In both scenarios I am at a loss. I did not do anything wrong, and even reported wrong behaviour. I am a prolific buyer at Ebay and even recommend it strongly (mainly for ethical business and PaisaPay). Sadly I have lost faith in Ebay and I have now decided that Flipcart and Amazon are better optinos for me now. I have called Customer support many times but have not gotten any feedback or even somebody to hear me out. I am going to do the following 1. Report the above baheviour on Social Media 2. Write a blog about how Ebay has treated me 3. Evaluate legal options I would at the least like to understand what is my fault/where did I go wrong? A very disgruntled customer. - Varun Send a copy to my email address. on BREAD_CRUMB Help+Contact+Us+Next+Gen BROWSER_INFO Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0 eBay Document ID: 7641989001 Learn More about how to protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails. This administrative email was sent to varun@varunanand.com from eBay India Private Limited. Your account is registered on www.ebay.in. As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences. eBay will periodically send you required emails about site changes, site enhancements, and your transactions. Read our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions. if you have any questions. Copyright ©2013 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay India Private Limited is located at 14Th Floor, North Block, R-Tech Park, Western Express Highway, Goregaon(E), Mumbai.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unresponsive Customer Service

kroy522013
Community Member
Ebay.in is unethical and CS is non responsive and do not reply. They don't reply to forum questions when refunds timelines have crossed. My refund for paisapay refund claim was approved after chatting. Mails were not replied. Now physical refund is not taking place for another month. Now they have closed claim without paying. This is cheating. Ebay.in keeps the money as they can release the payment after customer accepts the material. Ebay.in is also not paying the seller also. It is going bust and is becoming a sham site.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Unresponsive Customer Service

Do you know of any social media forums where I can tag Ebay? I have already posted on Twitter but that was ebay US and not India. Anything on Facebook to create more awareness about ebay?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply