Tricky Conditions of Ebay Gifts

jaineximpex
Community Member
Hey All,

Check http://deals.ebay.in/wantit/faq.html

You will find below lines there.

Buy products using Paispay® of any value on eBay.in using the coupon generator to create your coupon code for each transaction. For example for your first Day purchase, of any value, use Coupon Code "EBAYHOW001". For your second Day purchase, of any value, use Coupon Code "EBAYHOW002". You will need to use a different coupon code for every new transaction you make.
You can choose to accumulate your purchases to total of Rs. 5,000 and above or make a single purchase before the 30th March 2012. Remember the more you shop the better the free gift you can claim at the end of the promotion.
This Want It. Get It. offer will run from the 20th of March 2012 to the 30th of March 2012.
Come back between 5th of April 2012 to the 20th of February 2012 to claim a gift of your choice.

Check the Last line and See the Dates Ebay had Entered there! I hope they rectify it else its been done with malafide interest after seeing so many complaints here relating to Ebay Gifts on Purchase! Even i am worried i Increased my Shopping Toll to 15K just like that for the Gifts!!! God Bless
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

trust.deals
Community Member
Hello,

This is not a trick, eBay will never use any such tricks. It may be a typo mistake.

I am sure eBay will surely correct it.

Regards
Shuaib
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have made a purchase of Rs 6500 and I have used the promo code of Ebay want it get it offer.

I also think that the line you mentioned has a typo, coz in some other places Ebay has mentioned the selection date between 5th april and 20th APRIL.

I don't think it's fraud.

BTW, My dealer shipped a wrong item to me, so i have to return it and then he'll ship next one soon. Meanwhile I have no idea whether this little glitch will prevent me from selecting gift on Ebay (since this transaction is not completed yet)

ANyone knows whether you need to "CONFIRM PRODUCT DELIVERY" before you can select and order the EBay gift????

Please help if you have prior experience with this.

Thanks
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

urbeautifull
Community Member
@givegooddeals: I have been a buyer and a seller. As a seller I have experienced that when you purchase with paisa pay (Buy It Now item, not an auction) it begins the procedure, after the seller enters the shipping details the transaction becomes nearly done. After the seller enters the shipping details you get this flashed on your screen : CONFIRM PRODUCT DELIVERY.
When you confirm the shipment by clicking "CONFIRM PRODUCT DELIVERY" it means you have got the product delievered to you and you are confirming it.

In your case, you are about to receive the one you have purchased, so you may wait till you receive it and after you get it you may confirm.
In other case after 12 days of entering shipping details Ebay confirms the shipment by itself.
I don't think this will hamper your coupon or gift voucher. I always recommend my buyers to confirm if they could do. Being a buyer I confirmed after I got my purchased items.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply