SUGGESTION to Suggestion Givers

aksons
Community Member
Hi Everybody,
You all are giving your valuable suggestions and ideas to eBay.in over here BUT I have a BIG suggestion to all the suggestion giver and that is:

Please don’t give any Suggestions/Ideas to them (eBay.in) specially on changes of any policy or any rules and stop blaming eBay India Team specially Brother Ambareesh Murty who is country head, BECAUSE this company is a subsidiary Company, Indians cannot bring any rule or any policy OR make any changes because all the decision is taken from somewhere else and that is from the US. Yes the real BOSS is eBay.com so if you want to tell anything to eBay then go to eBay.com and post your suggestions or ideas there.

Many people mostly sellers are complaining about their loss in some of the dealings or transaction, is there anyone who can ask them How much they have earn till now? (This is for old sellers) and not new one. I have seen sellers complaining of their loss are here on ebay.in since long time if their accounts are suspended for any reason they are doing business making different ids, If they are scare of loss then why they are here? Reason they know very well…. In offline business also one gets loss at many occasion.

I still remember that in June 2008 there was a big change in feedback system that the sellers cannot give negative or neutral feedbacks to the buyers and neutrals will be counted as part of the feedback percentage, as soon as eBay announces this there was a big bang (in other words or in Hindi Halla / Kohraam Mach Gaya Tha) between all eBay sellers Worldwide - means in 37 Countries where eBay online shopping is working. After the inputs from the sellers worldwide, they (the Boss-eBay.com) reconsider their decision and made some changes that the neutrals will no longer be counted as part of the feedback percentage and feedback revision system was introduce that too 5 feedbacks per 1000 feedbacks per calendar year. I am writing all this story because when the announcement of changes came on eBay.in I was surprised to see that the announcement was from Whom ?? Not any Indian eBay employer nor India's Country Head but from some Lorrie Norrington-President, eBay Global Marketplace Operations (You can see the announcement of 11th July 2008 on eBay.in)

So I ask you people what does this proves ??

According to me and what I have understood from my experience of 6 years on eBay (I am here from the time of Baazee) that all main decisions of policies and rules are taken from the US (eBay.com) and not from here.

I have came to the conclusion that if really and seriously you want to sell your products on eBay in India and want to be good reputed seller along with the profits on every deal and with a good profile then you have to “SAMBHAL SAMBHAL KAR PHOONK PHOONK KAR” follow some do's and don'ts which are as follows:

1) Sell your goods honestly- Means fresh and not opened piece because in many cases of electronics goods, item gets defects or in-operative so what the sellers do is got it repaired from local mechanics and send the buyers please avoid this.

2) Please do the best communication with the buyers from very first minute you receive the order. First send him the order confirmation then request him (politely) payment if not paid, on receiving the payment confirm the payment and tell him approximate time in which you are going to ship the item and lastly mail him the dispatch details. Use good courier and it will make little difference cost wise.

3) Whenever buyer complaints you of any sort say it about delivery or working of the item or quality of the item Please think that you are the buyer and put yourself in place of him and do the follow up as you expect from your seller at that situation.

4) Try to sell only and only Original Items with good company's brand with manufactures guarantee/warranty
Avoid selling cheap, Chinese, fake and duplicate products and replicas of big brands, because in this there is very big chance of getting Negative feedback.

5) Regarding the Costumer Care Dept of eBay & Account Managers, people are complaining about, so I have to say that the second name of mistakes is Humans. So please be patience and calm at the time of submitting issue to CC whenever I have called CC of eBay.in I have got satisfied answer and most of my issues are solved within no time.

5a) I have got plenty of help from my account managers/category managers and eBay India Team, whenever and wherever I was in need of them whoever he/she was or whoever he/she is at present, they have help me In such a manner that I can’t express you here. Examples are Abhishek Srivastava, Elvis, Zubin, Navin, Seema, Sapana, Joshi, Raj and at present is Nikhat Shah. They all are great persons in person. I have got calls from this peoples even in the night asking some pending issue which was in favour of myself only, at that time I have asked them “ Itni raat tak Office me ? “ what they replied you know “ Kya karien tum logon ke liye baitna padta hai” I think they are doing well at their end. You think yourself that we have a small office with the staff of 8-10 and they are handling such a big company that too expanded throughout India and following the commands from the BOSS (eBay.com) so it is not an easy task.

Overall: According to Ghandhiji “Costumer is the most important person to visit our shop” One more saying is “Costumer is always right”
Lastly I have to say my fellow sellers that be careful in putting your listing and sending the goods don’t give any chance to the buyer not even 0.01% to give you negative or neutral feedbacks because you want to be a here and want to be a part of eBay. A line from Raj Kapoor’s Song “JEENA YAHAN MARNA YAHAN ISKE SIWA JAANA KAHAN”
A very Happy & Fruitful New Year to all,
M.A.MERCHANT
eBay id: aksons

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi M A Merchant,
Well done.
I am scared of eBay treating nicely.
Kick me, I understand.
Kiss me, I am scared.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

hellopeople2010
Community Member
two ebay chamchas..
hahah!!
i was expecting them
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

hellopeople2010
Community Member
and look who started this thread..who has got 0 listing on ebay.in:^O:^O
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
i Think eBay india has well proved itself as an identity in itself with the Community court 1 and only kind of thing in any e-commerce portal, then the Deals of the days and deals of the week thing, Paispay and not Paypal, eBay india is unique and does go by eBay.com tenets but has its own
Desi versi in india.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

vkrm2000
Community Member
Well "aksons"

Your views are highly appreciable

Genuine sellers like you generally prefers good service and communication with buyers rather than lobbying/struggling with eBay for removal of Negatives/Neutrals

(Gone through your profile & feedback remarks, You are Very Good Seller, KEEP IT UP)
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi,
My buyers are almost mostly from US, Canada, UK, Australia, Germany etc and I am eTRS of these sites. But I am very proud of my eBay India identity. If you call me 'chamcha' of being an eBay-indian, I consider that to be a feather in my cap.
You also try to be a chamcha of eBay India and feel proud of that of being a responsible community member .
Ebay India is great. Let us make it greater.
I am 64. I wont live long. So 'jeena yah marna yah' is fine with me.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ebay is a subsidiary Company i agree but,The Decision making power is with ebay.in...ebay.com is the Top management,They frame policy and rules,But the implementation Power is with the ebay.in,They can implement the rule by Protecting the Interest of sellers and buyers,Where top management does not interfere
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Where else do you have CRF?
Do all mischief and come out with flying colors!
And still you are not satisfied and call your fellow community members 'chamcha'.
Think twice before you abuse.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply