Re: Piracy of CD ROMs

nikhilgrover_in1
Community Member
Some users on eBay are engaging in blatant piracy of CD Roms. Can't this be stopped somehow? I have seen records of sellers selling original Games worth more than Rs. 2000 for as low as Rs. 150..... They don't even inform buyers about this condition of the game.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
This topic was branched from [url thread.jspa?threadID=600001374]Feedback Disputes Mediation and Withdrawal - New feature on eBay India[/url]
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi Nikhil,
How can you judge that CDs are pirated just by looking at their price!!? There are many situations and reasons under which one can sell genuine items at cheaper prices. 😄

What if you get a Xbox-disc as gift from some of ur relative and you dont need it anymore! eBay's the place to get some money of it. Or maybe, u r leaving the country and wanna sell ur PC....what about the softwares....you sell them on eBay.
There are plenty of reasons like this, so plz dont judge sellers by the price of their items! 😉

I'm not arguing that there isn't anyone selling a pirated CD or two, but there are also people who'll always go for the cheaper variety, even when there's a choice. So it depends on the buyers' mentality what they'll buy. If you always look for Genuine items, check out the prices on Amazon.com or company-stores and look for them in that price-range on eBay.
I'm sure you wont go wrong! :^O

Happy New Year!!
BYE!!

:8}
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

skyshopindia
Community Member
Hi Everyone

Interesting topics on piracy.

As per my openion buying Pirated CD is more offensive than selling the same.

The only way to stop piracy is stop using the same. When there will be no user for Pirated CD, only then it will be stop. So here it is buyers responsibility to stop this.

Dear Digital_das your explanation is for exception cases only. In that case Cd/Software may be used but should be licensed.

Recently I have placed order for a game cd, and asked seller whether this CD is original or copied. Seller replied 'its not original', now if I continue to purchase this, I should be held responsible for piracy.

?:|So requesting each buyer stop purchasing Pirated CD, One day piracy will be stopped.?:|

Regards
Achintya Ghosh
skyshopindia
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

automatikcs
Community Member
this seller kunal007 who is selling all pirated stuff online, all pirated games priced at more than half their real cost, i originally thought that maybe this is an auction so maybe the seller is selling the original game with lower auction start price, but after winning the auction i asked the seller a few questioned and got suspicious that he is shady adn it might be pirated, but instead ebay sends me a mail saying i must make the payment soon or else i will get banned, so i paid despite my fear of it being pirated, and when the cd did come i was right, it was pirated, now teh seller is so stupid he has given teh address of his actual shop too from where he sells pirated game cds in jalandhar and has openly challenged me to call the police (maybe he bribes the jalandhar police too, and thats how they allow him to carry on the piracy) and ebay is taking its time to even respond to my complaints adn emails and all this is very frustrating, i wonder how the hell will this issue get resolved, will i ever get an original game cd sent or my money refunded? ebay needs to do something sbout this atleast the seller kunal007 http://myworld.ebay.in/kunnal007
needs to be banned right away
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello automatikcs,

Thank you for pointing out the suspected seller. We need many more community champions like you who proactively report the same.

I regret the unpleasant experience you had. I wish to reiterate the fact that eBay strives to takes all the necessary steps possible to protect its buyers from unpleasant experiences.

Kindly report your problem to the Dispute Console (help on Dispute Console) for eBay to take appropriate action.

I also suggest you go through this link on Protection for Buyers.

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 6 of 6
latest reply