cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Product and Fees Changes on eBay.in..Sellers - Happy or Unhappy?

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Well I was
going through this announcement where I have seen various changes have done. But
when I saw Ebay wants Gallery and Listing Designer as chargeable I was really
unhappy. My fellow sellers what are your views about this ? R u Happy or Unhappy
? Do you think Gallery and Listing Designer need to be feesable to us ? My
views about Gallery And Listing Designer :

"UNHAPPY"

Reason : If
a seller is selling 2000 products will he choose gallery and listing designer on
1st April ? Answer is NO. Sales will go down. Fake buyers are in bulk in India.
Buyers are not in bulk and quantity of good buyers is very low.

I need my fellow
sellers views too. Plz reply to this thread with your views specifying the
reason . This change will be effective from 1st April,2006. Ebay - R u making
our April fool or what:-(:_|X-( ??

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Message 1 of 122
latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

hypnosis_in1
Community Member
Last but not the least, the members posting with different ID's
must mention all their ID's as their Signatures.

Its Not Allowed Or I would have used it as a wonderful tool of advertisement
Message 71 of 122
latest reply

hi2k_soho
Community Member
A valid Point Is Many New Sellers Think They May Be At A Loss
with the proposed gallery charges.
Please Consider Making Home Page Featured Charges A Bit Lower.
For Inexperienced but Old Users Of The Site Some Reductions have been made on
featured listings , Galler Feature And Highlight Fees
Thereby they are not getting the pinch of this new announcement
But new sellers have got nothing as yet

http://stores.ebay.in/1hi2k
http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZhi2kQ5fsoho
Message 72 of 122
latest reply

ristcomputers
Community Member
Hi,

the gallery fee should be introduced and alongwith it the listing fee should be introduced at the earliest.

This is going to benefit sellers in the long run.

The seller is going to put his best foot forward to pay a gallery fee. The listing with gallery would be the ones that sells. the sellers themselves are aware that most of the listed items on Ebay rarely sell but are there just to be listed. these items will vanish from the site and saleable items would only remain. The buyer would have the advantage of seeing good products and hence better sales. right now since the listings are free there are many sellers who have not even bothered to revise the price or inventory for the last 1 year. there are numerous products which are listed are not even available in the market and sellers refund the buyer after recieving order for such products.

This does not mean that the listings without gallery does not sell, the product sells even without gallery if the product is saleble and rightly priced. we had listed our products (by mistake) about three months back without gallery for 1 week and the sales were down by only 10% in that week.

The multple listing and 1 day auction listings are going to vanishas soon as listing fee is introduced. Good for the buyers who cannot find the product without going through lot of pains.

Here i would like to know, Would the items listed with gallery fee be listed above the items without gallery. If this is done then paying this fee is worth it and lots of sellers would opt for the listings with gallery.

I am sure this post is not going to be appriciated by many sellers but alas this is the truth.

Best Regards

Ristcomputers
Message 73 of 122
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

"We all are not here to fight each other. Everybody has the right to say their opinions."
Thanks snrama for reminding everybody of the basics of posting on the discussion board. I was really troubled to see the discussion degenerating into lot of avoidable comments. Kindly be advised, that respectful and courteous posting is expected of all members.

Everybody who participates in a discussion will have some opinion about an issue, and no body will have an opinion without it having some merit to it. We need to recognize and respect that. One might not always agree with an opinion; however we can choose to disagree and remain cordial about it. Debate can be conducted without insult or attack. Frustration can be expressed without personalization.

i will request you all to familiarise yourself with the Boards Usage policy. I hope you are aware that violating the boards usage policy might result in immediate post removal, warning, board sanction and/or suspension from the site.

To answer some specific questions that has come up during the discussion:

Would the items listed with gallery fee be listed above the items without gallery.
The images that have gallery picture will not be promoted above the ones that do not have gallery picture.

Members posting with different ID's to support or oppose eBay
When eBay tries to measure community's response on a particular topic, what matters is the quality of thought behind an opinion and not the number of users/user ids supporting or opposing a proposal.

If we do not oppose this fee change, eBay will keep on raising other fee.
eBay will implement a decision, only when it thinks it has substantial benefit for both community and eBay. This is why we seek community input for any change.

For most of our members, their eBay activity might constitute a small part of their business, however for eBay, this is their only business. For obvious reasons we will not like to make arbitrary decisions.

As you would agree, eBayโ€™s interest is clearly tied up with the interest of the community. We benefit only when our community benefits.

Non-Saleable items on site
This is the part of the discussion has really attracted my attention. Many of you have mentioned that you close many items unsuccessfully. Our buyers keep on telling us how difficult it is for them to find the right product at the right price.
โ€ข Is this a case of abundant supply of products that do not have substantial demand, while there is little or no supply of products that are in demand by an online buyer?
โ€ข Are we giving our buyers a good experience by showing them products that they do not want to buy?
โ€ข Are the sellers misdirecting their energy by listing wrong inventory, thereby closing items unsuccessfully and increasing their own frustration?

We have many users on this thread, some are old and experienced, and some are not so old, while a few are very young on the site. It will be good if we can together find answers to the above mentioned questions. It will help us understand if we can do anything to sell smartly, instead of putting in lot of hard work without getting expected results. If you feel there are other questions that can make the discussion more meaningful, feel free to include them in the discussion.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 74 of 122
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
Non-Saleable items on site
This is the part of the discussion has really attracted my attention. Many of you have mentioned that you close many items unsuccessfully. Our buyers keep on telling us how difficult it is for them to find the right product at the right price.
โ€ข Is this a case of abundant supply of products that do not have substantial demand, while there is little or no supply of products that are in demand by an online buyer?
โ€ข Are we giving our buyers a good experience by showing them products that they do not want to buy?
โ€ข Are the sellers misdirecting their energy by listing wrong inventory, thereby closing items unsuccessfully and increasing their own frustration?

Sapana...great that u raised this point finally... the reason for non saleable items on the site is i feel, the prices of these items..are much higher than those available in the Local market. for eg :In the local Market 22kt Gold is sold at 960/gm incl of Making charges. on ebay the price goes as high as 1385 / gm. now no buyer would be foolish enough to buy at this price. secondly even the common items like mobile etc are Rs. 100-300 Higher than local market - no one however rich he may be, will want to throw away his hard earned money by payng more than what is necessary. thridly most of the products are now a days available at a competeitve price in the local market. a lil bit of bargaining further forces the offline sellers to give a further discount. eg: for a 21' flat TV the price here ranges from 9000-11000. i bought one in the local market at 6990. plus got a mixie free. further bargained and he gave me a set of table mats free. now when this is the situation, who would be buying paying a substanitally higher price...?
Message 75 of 122
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Hi!!! Last reply of
Sapana have showed very well that this gallery and listing designer fees will be
charged by hook or by crook. So there is no use for us to explain our concerns
to Ebay now. I have now decided to let Ebay think what is right and what is
wrong because we can only show concerns it's Ebay who take decisions. We also
don't have power if we are a power seller or something. Now I won't reply to
this post anymore - Coz jo hone wala hai ussey roka nahi jaa sakta. So just wait
for the bad day to come - 1st April, 2006.

http://search.ebay.in/_W0QQsassZtouchQ5fandQ5fshine

Message 76 of 122
latest reply

ristcomputers
Community Member
Hi,

i am sure after the replies from sapna this disscussion is almost over.

The point to be looked into by sellers whether new or old is to put up items which have demand in online market. online sales and offline sales cannot be compared, its a completely diffrent segment. Online buyers are not interested to purchase an item available locally in ther neighbourhood.

So guys try and get some good products with better pricing and make some money instead of fighting amongst yourselves.

Good luck and happy selling
Message 77 of 122
latest reply

sulekhajewellers
Community Member
I would like to have some doubts cleared.

1)the store only listing is it counted against the 5 listing rule, can we list more in the store
2)if one item is listed in 2 catagory is it counted as two listings..
Message 78 of 122
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear sulekhajewellers ,

1)the store only listing is it counted against the 5 listing rule, can we list more in the store

Yes, It will get counted for 5 listing rule. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 79 of 122
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi touch & shine,

Don't be unhappy. After seeing Sapna's reply, It has been sure that there will be no change in the annoncement.

Also I will list product with Gallery only for the products which sells huge. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 80 of 122
latest reply