cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PowerShip Made Mandatory ??? Are other sellers also getting similiar mail??

hi

i got a mail from a person from ebay and also calls from the person that powership has been made mandatory.
he has repeatedly asked me to opt for powership

whereas i donot want to opt for powership since i donot have much sales and most of them are small items for which i pay rs 30 but then i would have to pay Rs40 + 2 +Taxes = ~Rs47

also if a item doesnot go by powership i cannot send by my current courier since my tie up will break with him due to low number of packets and even he wont provide service to me

has anyone else also got the same request from ebay.
why is ebay imposing powership upon its sellers??

can someone form ebay confirm if this is made mandatory all over ebay to all sellers??
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

frendz_shop
Community Member
Yes I Also Recieved A Call From Someone On Ebay Say Go For PowerShip... He Also Say Its Mandatory... I Am The Seller Of Mobile Phone N Accessories... Why He Call Me For Powership... I Dont Know... Virtual_garg Did You Know The Name Who Call You???
Message 11 of 45
latest reply

WHAT A JOKE THIS IS, those who are in powershipping are also thinking of leaving so what's the point in making it Mandatory.

This powershipping is now become one more of making money by ebay/paisapay team, they never give you the fast shipping discount due to you and when you ask them for it they tell you to send scan copy of the manifest, now tell me who will sit and search every day for which sale discount was not given and then find the correct manifest and send ebay a scan copy and then after that to keep a track for which discount has been given and for which discount has still not been given, this is all the big cheating business by ebay.
StopandShop
Message 12 of 45
latest reply

sltchennai
Community Member
Hi,

I am a seller in chennai, i have a contradictory view here....I like the powership and i feel the charges are also ok considering the service of fedex / bluedart....and wer on earth u get that packing material for 2rs??? I do have a problem, i.e i sell cosmetics, spray paints & rust prevention chemicals....fedex/bluedart does not accept liquid items......during the launch of powership i was not aware of this and opted for powership.....i couldn't send few items to customers and in turn got few negative feedbacks too.... I also had some technical issue with my other id, for that eBay never bothered to rectify it and also to sell cosmetics, spray paints i have created this id. This id i have not opted for powership and other id(sreelakshmitraders) i have powership. I also got mail & call for mandatory powership, i had told them i had no issues in opting for powership if they can give me option for excluding few items ourselves from powership. for that the gentleman said its possible, but i am very sure it is not possible.

Forcing sellers to opt for powership is really bad, it should be optional.

Regards,

Pethachi
Message 13 of 45
latest reply

hi westcoastcustoms_shop

i got call from a guy named Hasan. he was forcing me and calling me day and night. i told him that i would confirm if it is made mandatory.
i called up customer care and they inform nothing of such sort is there.

i even asked why there is no official ebay announcement to which he said his mail id is from ebay.com and hence it is official and can even ask category manager to send mail to me.

he even said ask customer care to transfer call to their supervisor and he has talked to then and they would confirm it.
my problem is I couldnot provide bill. he said it is not necessary. but i seriously doubt that and who would help once i register.

earlier he said it is mandatory and was forcing me but later when i asked what if donot opt for it. he said i wont get express remittance ( which i donot take even now) and service from account manager( which also i never used)

How can a person use words like mandatory even when it is not.

it me it seems like a marketing gimmick from someone from ebay who is promoting powership and he has contact with many persons within the team

Promoting something is good but doing it by forcing and telling lies is not.
Message 14 of 45
latest reply

Yes, I also got several calls from Ashish and he insist me that it is mandatory and told me you wont be able to sell on ebay , if you donot use Powership, I asked him why ebay cant show anything on community board, he said it will be announced soon, i told him, i will stop selling on ebay but will not use Powership for sure, as i am getting update from other sellers that power ship is not at all good, he said you have to link your account to powership and join it now and i said to ashish that i will not use and disconnect the phone 4th time, he is calling me everyday...
SIMPLE
I DONT WANT TO USE POWERSHIP THEN WHY HE IS FORCING ME TO DO IT HOWEVER THERE IS NO MESSAGE FROM EBAY AND I AM SURE EBAY CANT MANAGE IT , BECAUSE THERE WILL BE HIGH VOLUME OF PARCELS DESPATCHED DAILY IF EBAY DO POWERSHIP MANDATORY...
Message 15 of 45
latest reply

This is my warm request to ebay, Please don't do Powership mandatory, as this will increase the cost of the Product as we are paying far less charges to courier companies and powership is too costly for us.
Message 16 of 45
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
even it too got a call today evening.
a guy name RAJIV called me and asked me to opt for power ship.

i told them that , my items are less and there will be only 5-7 sales max in a week . But he still insisted me to go for powership.

i am not going to do this. i told him i am out and will do it soon. but the truth is i am not going to.
Message 17 of 45
latest reply

uniquecreations2012
Community Member
Man these guys keep calling me every day .
i stopped picking calls from them.
still calling 3 - 5 times a day.
HORRIBLE.
Message 18 of 45
latest reply

I think eBay might be getting something from courier company's & that is the reason they are forcing to sellers to use there suggested services ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks
Message 19 of 45
latest reply

gizmobhai
Community Member
its not made mandatory. their mail clearly says it is not automatic and will be done only when we confirm over the mail. i sell about 40 items a day and have not opted for it for the obvious reasons brought out by the other members
Message 20 of 45
latest reply