cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PowerShip Made Mandatory ??? Are other sellers also getting similiar mail??

hi

i got a mail from a person from ebay and also calls from the person that powership has been made mandatory.
he has repeatedly asked me to opt for powership

whereas i donot want to opt for powership since i donot have much sales and most of them are small items for which i pay rs 30 but then i would have to pay Rs40 + 2 +Taxes = ~Rs47

also if a item doesnot go by powership i cannot send by my current courier since my tie up will break with him due to low number of packets and even he wont provide service to me

has anyone else also got the same request from ebay.
why is ebay imposing powership upon its sellers??

can someone form ebay confirm if this is made mandatory all over ebay to all sellers??
Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Hi,
99% of buyers are foreign buyers in my case and I am sure this Powership Company will make a mess about customs, not to talk of high postage. But what about the threats like? I love ebay. I work to make ebay great. But tell me, can you demand my affection at gun point?
Ebay should learn to be polite as long as I show good result. Do you agree? Do you agree that money is not everything? Isn't ebay a community?
But as it is I do not know how to opt for Powership.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 41 of 45
latest reply

@Amitavaji, don't bother, powewrship is only for local courier i.e withinn India and not outside India so it is of no use to you.
StopandShop
Message 42 of 45
latest reply

Here is the latest PowerShip mail that I received trying to force it on me!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Seller

Greetings for the day.

This mail is to inform you that we have mandated PowerShip on your eBay account.

All your transaction on eBay India will now be shipped through PowerShip, except for the categories that are currently not covered under PowerShip.

You will receive a call from your account manager or either from Mr. Hasan Kutchiwada/Mr. Ashish Gawad/Mr. Sandeep Singh, for the training on how PowerShip works.

PowerShip is an eBay initiated Shipping services which involves highly reputed Logistics partner such as Bluedart, FedEx & Aramex. We are committed towards providing best shopping experience to our buyers and PowerShip is a step towards the same.

PowerShip as a solution takes care of your entire post sales work flow, in which shipping the products, updating the system & buyers on shipping status, delivering the products and ensuring that you get your remittance on time becomes eBayโ€™s responsibility.

We will start pushing your orders under PowerShip from sometime next week. We will keep you posted on the progress.

If you have any concerns or queries, kindly contact Mr. Hasan Kutchiwada or Mr. Ashish Gawad on the below mentioned contact details.

Hasan Kutchiwada:
Email: hkutchiwada@ebay.com
Phone: 02266690132

Ashish Gawad
Email: agawad@ebay.com
Phone: 02266690125

Regards

Pratik Chowdhury
Category Manager Lifestyle
Ebay India

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe that a world famous company like eBay would adopt these kind of low handed and below the belt practices in India!!! I am going to fight it tooth and nail and if necessary will sue eBay including closing the account!
Message 43 of 45
latest reply

This is to inform all concerned eBay teams that we have expressly denied our consent to Powership enrolment nor have we have enabled Powership on eBay by ourselves.

Therefore, in the event of it being incorrectly activated on eBay, please deactivate it immediately. This also includes any future enrolment of Powership program without our express consent.

Additionally, we hereby seek active intervention of eBay Trust & Safety team on potential and active misuse of our account for enablement of Powership without our permission.
Message 44 of 45
latest reply

This is to inform all concerned eBay teams that we have expressly denied our consent to Powership enrolment nor have we have enabled Powership on eBay by ourselves.

Therefore, in the event of it being incorrectly activated on eBay, please deactivate it immediately. This also includes any future enrolment of Powership program without our express consent.

Additionally, we hereby seek active intervention of eBay Trust & Safety team on potential and active misuse of our account for enablement of Powership without our permission.
Message 45 of 45
latest reply