cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar on Aug 25th (5-6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Gautam Thakar, Country Manager – Marketplace, for an online discussion on buying and selling on eBay India.

Gautam will be available on this thread on Thursday, the 25th of August, 2006, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by clicking on Post a reply at top of the thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here - http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542.

See you on the 25th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Ajay (rep2me),

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience.

However, I am glad you have already raised a dispute. This is the first step to recover your money. Further, If the seller does not respond, or the communication fails at any point of time, the buyer needs to close the dispute and escalate the calim for Buyer Protection claim.

I hope this information will be helpful to you and you will be able to recover your money/product. Do keep us updated on your experience. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 81 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Anant (saksenad2004),

Welcome to eBay! I will try to answer your questions in detail:

What is the option if I do not receive a product? What is Buyer Protection?
If a buyer does not get his product, or the product is significantly not as described, the best option for the buyer is to open a Item Not received dispute against the seller.
[My eBay >>> Dispute Console (left side bar)>>> open a dispute]

If the seller does not respond, or the communication fails at any point of time, the buyer needs to close the dispute and escalate the claim for Buyer Protection claim. eBay takes care that if a buyer is defrauded by a seller, the buyer is reimbursed his money. One tip is to always try and use PaisaPay as the payment mode. PaisaPay payments are protected up to 50,000 Rs. If you choose offline mode of payment, you will be protected up to 10,000 Rs.

What are ratings?
Feedback is made up of comments and ratings left by other eBay members you've bought from and sold to. These comments and ratings are valuable indicators of your reputation as a buyer or seller on eBay. Thus if a seller has 400 positive feedback ratings, this will mean that 400 buyers have transacted with him and had a positive experience. I will encourage you and all our buyers to check a seller feedback before buying.
You can know more about the same here - http://pages.ebay.in/help/feedback/questions/feedback.html

What to do if seller does not ship to my location?
It is always a good idea to contact the seller and ask/negotiate if he will be willing to ship to your location.

How secure is netbanking (PaisaPay)?

Banking via PaisaPay is an extremely safe form of payment. Your account details are safe. You need not worry about the security of your account information since you are simply redirected to your bank's website. To finish a transaction, an account login is required, and only you and your bank will know the login information.

However, I will encourage you to NOT transfer the money directly to the seller’s account, for such transactions do not qualify for PaisaPay purchase protection program.

I hope the above game you greater clarification. Happy Bidding!

Regards,
Gautam Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 82 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi kishankunal,

I am sorry to hear that you had to face this unpleasant situation. However, I am also glad that there is already a readressal mechanism in place to take care of your concerns.

Your Item / Money not received - If a buyer does not get his product, or the product is significantly not as described, the best option for the buyer is to open a Item Not received dispute agasint the seller.
[My eBay >>> Dispute Console (left side bar)>>> open a dispute]

If the seller does not respond, or the communication fails at any point of time, the buyer needs to close the dispute and escalate the calim for Buyer Protection claim.

Negative feedback – Normally eBay does not get involved in feedback process between buyers and sellers. However, there are certain process which will help you resolve your dispute related to feedback. I suggest, you write to Customer Support, regarding the same. They will look into the matter and give you appropriate help.

To write to Customer Support, regarding this matter, please follow the following steps:
http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html > feedback> Feedback concerns> you received unfair feedback.

I hope the above helps. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 83 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi rgchavan12,

Thanks for the detailed post and my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me try and answer your points raised one by one.

Buyer Protection – covering you for 9950, instead of total amount. I have asked my colleagues from the Team to look into the matter. I believe this may be a communication error.

Mutual resolution of dispute – We have seen that at most times, disputes are due to miscommunication and can be easily resolved between buyers and sellers themselves. However, this does not imply that buyers are left at seller’s mercy, or eBay washes its hand off the transaction. eBay is always there to protect you. If you feel that the seller is not interested in resolving the dispute, you always have the option to close the dispute and escalate the case to buyer protection.

Contact number of seller - I agree that we need to make the seller contact details more visible to the buyers. I will forward your feedback to the concerned team for evaluation and action.

For benefit of all, I will like to share a workaround to get contact details of the seller if required. To do the same, you may follow the following process.
Click on Advanced Search> Find contact Information. This will get you the required details.

Email communication – Thanks for the feedback, I will ask the relevant team to look into the same.

Action against the seller – eBay takes various actions on sellers who do not fulfil their commitment to buyers. The action can range from site suspension to legal action. We work closely with various Law Enforcement agencies for the same.

I hope the above will be helpful. Do let me know if you have further questions. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 84 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indiastorehandicrafts,

What I am hearing from you, and many other community members today, is that we still have work to do to ensure that our Customer Support meets up to our users' expectations. As users, you are absolutely right to expect timely and accurate answers to your queries, and I am sorry that we have not been able to meet your expectations on this score. I shall personally follow up and see that we put in place processes to improve on this front.

On your specific query, you will have to re-activate all your listings yourselves. However all the listing upgrade fees you have paid for these listings that were pulled down will be refunded to you. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 85 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear ethnicality,

Generally, sellers do get warnings before their listings are removed. It's only a rare cases, where we pull down listings without giving sellers a warning, and these are only for severe policy violations. I am unsure if there has been some error in your particular case (whether emails are not being sent by the system) so I will ask the team to double check and ensure that we do indeed meet the high professional standards that you rightly expect from us. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 86 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear raj_5_30_80,

I hear you, and all our members, on the issue of appropriate Customer Service responses. We clearly need to work harder to meet the expectations of our users writing in to our Customer Support. I will personally discuss this with our CS head to see what we can do to expedite our improvement in this regard. It is a very reasonable ask from you as our user and we need to make sure that we do meet your expectations on this at the earliest. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations on this. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 87 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
dear runalaila_in1

I am surprised to hear so many complaints regarding customer service. It is distressing because i know the team is working hard. However it is more distressing because there is no excuse for this. If we cannot serve you well we do not have a good business . Please accept my apologies for your experience and one of the action steps i will take is to have a detailed improvement plan and ask our CS team to share that with the boards and our users.

Thanks for taking the time to be here and registering your suggestion. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 88 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello bobmaini2005,

I am sorry for the unpleasant experience you have had with your seller. I hope you have filed for an Item Not Received Dispute. I will ask someone from the team to reach out and help you resolve this issue. I apprecaite that this has not been a great experience for you and will make sure that there is a greater focus on strengthening our verification programs such that you and others never have to deal with fraud sellers. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 89 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello hotdealpro,

Thank you for participating in this session. On your specific queries,

1. You can contact PaisaPay Support by clicking on "Help" section of the eBay header, and then "Contact Us" on the left hand column. You will reach the "Contact Us" web form. The last section of this form is PaisaPay. Select this, and the appropriate sub topics in the next page to send us your query.

2. We introduced this feature because at times, sellers get enquiries from buyers from locations to which they are not shipping, asking if they could deliver the item to their location. To enable sellers to recover the shipping charges in such cases, we have this feature. This is the first time we are hearing of this feature being misused. Yes, if a seller has mentioned Free Shipping, he should not charge additional Shipping or Handling Charges. If you notice any seller doing so, please report them to us.

We shall monitor this issue closely, and if we notice more such misuse happening, then we shall consider turning off this feature.

3. We have a team which is working on improving our Dispute Resolution Mechanism. I shall forward your feedback to them. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 90 of 100
latest reply