cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar on Aug 25th (5-6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Gautam Thakar, Country Manager – Marketplace, for an online discussion on buying and selling on eBay India.

Gautam will be available on this thread on Thursday, the 25th of August, 2006, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by clicking on Post a reply at top of the thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here - http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542.

See you on the 25th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

superstores_tech
Community Member
I have been associated with ebay-baazee since 4 years now and i was surprised to find a SELLING LIMIT on my account.

Even after being a Power Seller, the selling limit puts me in a puzzle. And its not due to any outstanding amount in my account and as per the selling limit wordings "

Then i get a mail form ebay

"Your eBay account has been set a selling limit to allow us to confirm
your identity and review current business practices. This is allowed
under the eBay User Agreement if we have reason to believe your actions
may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users, or us."

"If you can increase
your feedback to 97% or greater, please write back to us and we will
consider removing your limit."

Now my question is

1. How will i increase my feedback if i cant sell

2. The ebay wordings are "we will
consider removing your limit" - that means no gurantee

3. With regards to the statement by ebay saying "we would like to see a decrease
in complaints or negative comments in your feedback" - i had resolved all disputes and outstanding complaints on ebay for which i was kept in suspended state for a whole YEAR by ebay.

Now when i have paid them all the money and cleared all the Disputes after struggling for a year this is whay i get .... a POWER SELLER status with a SELLING LIMIT

At the end my only question is when will ebay become RELIABLE / HONEST / CLEAN / TRUSTWORTHY / DEPENDEDNT / LESS VOLATILE / CLEAR WITH ITS STAND ON A USER / CLEAR WITH ITS POLICIES AND OVERALL TRANSPARENT ????? Superstores_Tech
Ankur Agarwal
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 2 of 100
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Mr. Gautam Thakar,

Hello,

It’s a great feeling to have you on Community Board.

I congratulate you for managing the site so well and so professionally.
We, as a Seller, have a bad habit of criticizing the darker side rather than cherishing the brighter side. But, I feel, that it helps in quality development of the site.

To name a few commendable actions from your side, are:

* Improvement in Feedback system.

* Tightening the strings on fraudsters.

* Creation of new, better & targeted categories.

* Encouraging Brand Selling.

* Quality support to entrepreneur Sellers.

* Educating Buyers for Safe trading.

* Improvement in Customer Care.

Now, the darker side on which your comments are expected :

* Spoiling the site with Gallery Fees. ( More than 60% of the listings are without gallery image)

* Multiple Listings with Multiple ID’s is a nuisance which ebay has not been able to tackle.

* Direct transfer of PaisaPay amount to sellers bank account is still a dream.

* No stability of Sales for Sellers. (The Sales are moving in a sine curve)

* IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED option is not available on ebay India.

* No concrete programme for retaining Buyers on the site.

* No physical learning centers, anywhere across the country.

I hope you will brighten up the darker side with your elaborate reply.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 3 of 100
latest reply

hotdealpro
Community Member
Hi,

Great to see a senior exec of ebay taking questions.

Here are mine:

1. When paying by paisapay if the transaction is halted the paid amount does not show in my Ebay but is deducted from the bank account. The question is : Is there any process in place for buyers to inform ebay about this? Live help needs all your details which are already on record with ebay to even start anwsering questions. Registered users should be identified to live chat personell automatically.

2. Why is an extra shipping/handling cost allowed to sellers if they have mentioned free shipping in the listing?

3. The earlier Baazee system for dispute resolution was much better. Now all you get is nonsensical mails telling you to paste headers from mail when you have been communicating with the other party through My Ebay. If ebay already has the info in terms of these messages why add to the work? Also, even after doing this there is no result - since to remove feedback you need a court order - good luck with that in India. So whats the use.

I'll quote a classic example of a transaction that went wrong :

1. Seller places item on auction for Rs.0.10, free shipping.
2. I bid on the item for that amount and then won it. The item obviously costs more than that and shipping would be more!!
3. The seller adds Rs.250 as handling charges and sends a paisapay invoice of Rs.250.10
4. When I refuse to pay because the listing says free shipping, he gives me a negative rating, files for final value fees and gives my account an unpaid item strike.
5. When I complain to ebay since this contravenes the standard ebay policy on excessive shipping - I get a stock answer - "We are very sorry but we can only remove feedback on....". Even the unpaid item strike has not been removed.
6. Now, the person has not shipped the product and has incurred no costs, yet he gets away with what would qualify in real life as a full-on con. If a person was to try this in the real world the repercussions would be severe I am sure. If you bid on the item at an auction house they cannot add costs once you have bid and won the auction, those costs HAVE to be quoted before bidding.

These are genuine, legitimate concerns which should be addressed at the earliest. Your reply is awaited, just dont give me the stock answer already available in the help section.
Message 4 of 100
latest reply

superstores_tech
Community Member
I would be happy to see these two suggestions from Umang come tru ASAP.

Direct transfer of PaisaPay amount to sellers bank account is still a dream. - Paisa Pay Payment is very slow. We cant afford to get this amount blocked for over 10 days.

IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED option is not available on ebay India. This is necessary to increase the fullfillment rate.
Superstores_Tech
Ankur Agarwal
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 5 of 100
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
Welome , Dear Gautam , Our country manager !!

Sir, its apleasure to see you on board and this pleasure would intensify manifolds, if the problems and suggestions posted on the board by other members are acknowledged, considered and given a serious thought and implementation .

Sir , one more humble suggestion - there seems to be a duality and huge variation in site policies , when compared to other countries . So, the worst for our country are implemented with authority and the best is not even mentioned of saying that the policies vary from country to country .

I would not elaborate but hope that the message if distress is clear and taken a note of .

With due Regards to fellow board participants and members going thru' the posts .

Luv n Light
halwawala .:^O
Message 6 of 100
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
Sir ,

One more point which I would like to discuss and be considred duely .

During Older days , a Seler was able to define the Minimum Bid Increment for his products and as such High Valued Items could fetch the appropriate prices while posted at Rs. 1/= and Sales were Great and this Rs1/= feature even greater . Duin thiose days muliple items worth Rs. 26K and above used to get sold even if posted at Rs. 1/= auctions .

Now, since the said feature of Minimum Bid increment has been withdrawn , its observed that it is NOT AT ALL POSSIBLE TO realise even the cost prices of higher value items like Cell Phones , Digital Cameras , handy cams etc. , while posted at Rs. 1/= auctions .

My humble suggestion - this feature of Seller being given a choice of Minimum Bid increment , should be restored immediately and I assure that the Listings and Sale of Higher Value items would increas manifolds and the cost value of the Site would also be adding to its already existing fetures .

With sincere Regards .

halwawala_in
Message 7 of 100
latest reply

drhimanshu123
Community Member
Dear Gautam Thakur,
I m Dr.Himanshu I purchased two item from ebay one Watch and another Home theater on 10 of july but till date i havent recived my consignment.I dont know whether u people have despatched my con or not .i m fed up with ur way .i had a very bad experience with e bay.Now Kindly refund my money as soon as possible in order to avoid any legal action on u people.
Product ID-180005766412
Product ID-180005767783
Paisa Pay ID-172255551883
Do the needful as soon as possible.
Dr,Himanshu
Message 8 of 100
latest reply

bobmaini2005
Community Member
i am ur member since ja,2005
IT WAS MY FIRST ATTEMPT FOR A IYEM 160007362950 A LAPYOP FROM KRISH_KUMA2000 OF AMT.RS 42000/-PAID BY CHQ. IN HIS ACCOUNT IN UTI BANK.
NOW SELLERS IS NOT RESPONDINF SINCE 31-07-2006 .
KINDLY HELP ME TO GET MY MONEY OR LAPTOP.
UR SECURITY TEAM LIVE CHAT ,TRUST& SAFETY TEAM ARE NOT GIVING A SATISFIED ANWSER.
BOBMAINI2005
Message 9 of 100
latest reply

Dear Mr.Gautam Thakar,

I have made online payment through Paisapay from my ICICI Bank account for the following two items:
1) Item No.120018023937 => (Rs.2400/-)=>Paisapay ID: 17450300860
2) Item No.280016357469. => (Rs.175/-) => (Universal Remote Control)

Both the transactions were done one after the other. I had received acknowledgement for the first item but did not receive any acknowledgement for the second. The website also shows that the payment is not made though my Bank Account shows a debit for the second item also with description "BIL/000020528781/Universal Remote eba/17" for an amount of Rs.175/-

Please confirm receipt of this amount of Rs.175/- through Paisapay.

Regards,

Srinivas Mantry
Message 10 of 100
latest reply