cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar on Aug 25th (5-6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Gautam Thakar, Country Manager – Marketplace, for an online discussion on buying and selling on eBay India.

Gautam will be available on this thread on Thursday, the 25th of August, 2006, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by clicking on Post a reply at top of the thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here - http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542.

See you on the 25th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi martlight,

Warm welcome to eBay
I totally understand and share your concerns on fraud buyers. Fortunately, sellers already have a tool in hand to tackle such buyers. This tool is called Bidder management facility (http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html). One such bidder management option is to verify all buyers who have 5 or less feedback ratings via SMS.

Normally, we have noticed that such buyers tend to buy high value items. You can switch this filter on for your high value items. Thus ensuring that fake buyers are kept at bay from your listings. To switch on the filter, you need to follow the following steps:
My eBay> Preferences> Buyer requirements> Show / Edit> Buyers who haven't gone through SMS verification> Submit

Also, please ensure that you file a dispute, close the same and claim the final value fee credit for such sales. This will ensure that you do not end up paying eBay fee for such products. http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/credits.html

I hope this helps! Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 71 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi rakesh_197,

Normally, a product carries warranty from the company which is serviceable at any part of the country. For such products you would not need to depend on the seller for servicing.

I will encourage all buyers to got for products that are offering company warranty as far as possible, so as to avoid future inconvenience.

Warm regards,
Gautam Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 72 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi bhatias_in1,

As I said in my earlier post, sellers have the tools in hand to block fraud users. This tool is called Bidder management facility (http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html). One such bidder management option is to verify all buyers who have 5 or less feedback ratings via SMS.

To activate this tool, you need to follow the following steps:
My eBay> Preferences> Buyer requirements> Show / Edit> check all relevant> Submit

Listing fees are charged even if there is no sale (think of it like a shop window in a store) so those will not be reversed.

I hope this helps! Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 73 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi cosycom,

I am extremely glad to hear about your positive experience. I am glad you are happy with the new LED displays and signs category. I hope you are spreading the words amongst your friends and associates 

Your suggestion for PaisaPay – I hope you area aware of the PaisaPay Account feature. This is a central place for you to have collated information on all your PaisaPay transaction. Once you click on the account balance, you will get all details related to that account, including buyer name, amount received, amount of payment check issued etc. To access the same, just click on My eBay> PaisaPay account (under My account)

The account is explained in greater detail in the following link:
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500000588&start=0

Please keep on sending you feedback, for it helps us improve your experience on eBay. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 74 of 100
latest reply

nmv2005
Community Member
Hi Gautam,

Wanted to know what kind of action do you take against the fact that buyers using paisa pay - where funds are transferred to the sellers instantly, are then at the mercy of the sellers - this is with reference to the fact of dispatch through couriers - I have faced immense problems with the local courier offices where literally threats have to be made in order to get my delivery. The seller is merely sitting back as he has got his end of the transaction - please respond. I am sure this is a on going issue with other buyers as well.
In summary I am re-considering using ebay services as it adds to the normal pressure - by making phone calls to courier offices - where their numbers are never free during office hours.
NMV2005
Message 75 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi snrama,

It is great to see you again as well. I have always appreciated your dedicated presence on boards to help other users and give continuous feedback to eBay. I am glad you find the new categories useful.

Regarding your suggestion on request feedback button, I will forward the same to the concerned team. However, there is a fine balance between spamming the buyer with feedback mails vs. sending him reminders once in a while 

As a workaround, you can send your buyers a link to the feedback forum, which will take them to the page where they will need to leave feedback. The link to the leave feedback button is:
http://feedback.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?GetAndShowTransactions&item=0&nflw=1&page=1

Gallery fee – As mentioned earlier, Gallery Fees has been introduced for sellers to distinguish their listings from other sellers. It’s like any other feature fee which increases your chances of sales on a listing. Also, in long run it should help us improve the quality of merchandise and therefore overall buyer experience on site.

I hope you are aware about the Gallery Plus feature that we are introducing to further add value to the gallery as a feature. To know more, you may click here - http://www2.ebay.com/aw/in/200608.shtml#2006-08-14153457

Direct transfer of PaisaPay amount to sellers bank account – As I mentioned earlier, this is one of the features that we are working on. However, it will be some time before we can see the feature live on site. We will keep you updated on any developments that we have regarding the same. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 76 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi vishwajitsalvi,

I am sorry to hear about the unpleasant buying experience on eBay. However, I hope you are aware that all your purchases on eBay are protected.

If a buyer does not get his product, or the product is significantly not as described, the best option for the buyer is to open a Item Not received dispute against the seller.
[My eBay >>> Dispute Console (left side bar)>>> open a dispute]

If the seller does not respond, or the communication fails at any point of time, the buyer needs to close the dispute and escalate the claim for Buyer Protection claim.

I hope this information will be helpful to you and you will be able to recover your money/product. Do keep us updated on your experience and apologies on behalf of eBay for the lack of responsiveness from the seller. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 77 of 100
latest reply

superstores_tech
Community Member
Hi gautam

the telephone verification is also used by square trade and will definetly help.

However i would let Sharat make the grand annoucnement abt how it will actually work.

bye Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 78 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi kampa_in1,

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that we need to make the seller contact details more visible to the buyers. I will forward your feedback to the concerned team for evaluation and action.

For benefit of all, I will like to share a workaround to get contact details of the seller if required. To do the same, you may follow the following process.
Click on Advanced Search> Find contact Information. This will get you the required details.
I happened to notice your feedback ratings; I think it is phenomenal to have a buyer with such high ratings. I will like to thank you for your feedback and patronage. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 79 of 100
latest reply

gautam@ebay.com
Community Member
Friends ,
Its already 6 o clock but i havent got through many of your queries so i am going to keep going for some more time. Its indeed very energiszing to be on the boards and hear all your suggestions. I will try and answer all but i will otherwise ensure that i get through them all by the weekend. Regards
Gautam
Regards
Gautam
Message 80 of 100
latest reply