Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Some Recommendation to Improve Ebay in Future

1,Bring New Methods to Make the Bid Effective Or Gureenteed

Sellers are Facing So much "Payment not Received" Cases.As a Seller i am Fed up with that,When i close the Case ebay will leave a Unpaid mark and They will Remove the Unpaid Item strike.

From all this i have learned that the Sellers Verification is Going well on Ebay,But Buyer Verification is Not Present in Ebay.

Some Buyer are bidding for Playing Purposes.just for a Time Pass and it is telling that The buyer will face Action if they Do not Pay for the item,Some times the ebay will Terminate their Account but the Buyer will Create a new account with Same Address and details only a user name will change,In Reality nothing is happening to them

Sellers like us are Facing a Huge Percentage of loss due to this kind of buyers.

As a Permanent Solution i have some Suggestions
1, Start a Telephonic Verification Process(Computerized)
2, Send a Letter to the Buyers House with a Account Verification number When creating a new Account (make it mandatory to start bidding,This will be a Proof For Address and Reduce Playing Buyers)
3, When the Representative call the buyer For "Payement Reminder" (when a payment not received case is filed).Please Remind that it is a Contract under the Contract ACT Of Govt of india

When the Ebay become Safe,Then only new Buyers and Sellers will come to Take their Part in Ebay

2, Allow the Seller to Give Refund From Paisapay to their buyers

Some times It may be difficult for a seller to issue Refund By asking the Executive to Give Refund to the buyers.
As ebay made New Fees to "Issue Refund".It is better to allow sellers to give refund to their customers,If the buyer Claim any Refund and the seller Failed to Prove the Shipping ,Ebay Executive can Voluntary Give Refund for them Without Telling the seller to refund the amount..

I also Suggest Ebay.in to Give More freedom for sellers to Work..

3,Bringing New Methods in Listing
Sellers are already Paying The Standard Listing Rates,So the ebay have to Bring more Methods in listing Ebay can Bring many changing to Existing System

I suggest ebay to Bring new methods like

i, Multiple Listing of Related Products in the Same Listing.
Every sellers cannot Afford Shops.So,As a mater of fact,it is better to allow Multiple Items in one Listing.. it is already present in ebay.com

ii, Bring new Sms Or Mobile Platform for ebay..
Mobile usage is increasing day by day.So it is better or Create a mobile Portal like Every Company do.

iii, Solution For,Ending Listing Problem
As a Seller i am Facing a big Problem in the Ending of listing.My Problem is that I Choose Lot listing with a duration of 30Days..So that i have to pay the Fees of 30days in advance..When the Lot Quantity is Finished the Listing is Finished..
I have a Suggestion ,in the case of Lot Listing with 30day duration ,When the Stock is getting low,Ebay have to send us a sms that your Item is having low stock..It will be Better For me and so many sellers in ebay...

iv, Develop Customer care.
I want to tell that the customer care of ebay is Poor,For sellers and for buyers.As a Member of Ebay i suggest you to increase the Customer satisfaction by adding new trained Executives

v, Discount Coupons of ebay for sellers
As a Seller i have a Complaint that i am not getting any Discount Coupons For my Purchases,As a Fees Payer,It will make happy for sellers like me,If Ebay is Providing Discount Coupons For sellers Which is not available For buyers now
Last and final Suggestion
All the Sellers Love ebay so much and ebay is their Work Place.So as a Unity i Recommend you that "Before Making any Changes to the rules of ebay Please Consider Sellers Opinion by a survey

This is a Suggestion From my Side,I request the Officials to Look into the matter and Consider this suggestions and No.1 Shopping Site in India
Message 51 of 124
latest reply

narayananbyjuvadakkumkarayil
Community Member
Dear Sir,
Below mention product i retun to seller due damage on courier transit and so many dicustions on this matter and final i get a confirmation from ebay your refund is approved.

Now all most 03 month is over i am not getiing my refund. you suggest me how can i get my refund.

regards
Narayanan
Subject: eBay Case Closure Confirmation: BRAND NEW 3G LG KU990 Black Mobile with 5MP Camera (#260671704506)
Message 52 of 124
latest reply

vkrm2000
Community Member
I would like to make some suggestions to improve the bidding procedure so that it will be more serious/realistic/effective

1) If the bidding amount is Rs 1.00 - 250.00, the bidder has to pay full amount while participating in bidding.
2) If the amount is Rs 251.00 - 500.00, he has to pay 50% as advance.
3) If the amount is Rs 501.00 - 1000.00, he has to pay 25% as advance.
4) If the amount is >Rs 1000.00, he has to pay 10% as advance.

IF THE BIDDER WINS, HE HAS TO PAY THE REMAINING AMOUNT. IF HE OUTBID,,,,, eBay SHOULD IMMEDIATELY GIVE DISCOUNT COUPON TO THE AMOUNT HE PAID AS ADVANCE.

IF THE WINNING BIDDER DOES'T PAY THE REMAINING AMOUNT IN STIPULATED TIME, HIS ADVANCE AMOUNT SHOULD GO TO THE ITEM LISTING SELLER.

Regards
VKRM2000
Message 53 of 124
latest reply

highskyindia
Community Member
I have a suggestion for eBay .
I think eBay should start rating buyers by giving them stars , it should not be done on every transaction, but overall buyer performance( Like Sellers are divided in to Power seller, Top Rated and ordinary Sellers).
eBay can rate buyer from 0 to 5 Star buyer on following basis-

1) how old the buyer account is .
2) no of completed transaction including item receipt confirmation and leaving final feedback for seller. the buyer who doesn't leave feedback or doesn't confirm the paisa pay transactions will not come in star rating.
3) Value of transactions done in one year, higher value of transaction done higher the star rating.
4) no. of Paisa pay transactions.
5) no. of unpaid item disputes ( Also if buyer opens a dispute , if he closes it or not after the problem is solved should be taken into account)

I am sure we can find more criteria for rating the buyers.

This will benefit sellers and eBay in following ways.
1) sellers will have an idea as what kind of buyers they are dealing with. Sellers can proceed on High Value transaction from buyers with 5 star rating with peace of mind.
2) Buyers will be attracted to leave a genuine feedback for sellers and will also confirm the item receipt.
3) more will use paisa pay more often and there will surely be increase in sales (as Sellers want feedback buyers will want Stars)
4) More buyer involvement in completing the transactions.
I think this will benefit eBay and solve some problems sellers face normally .
I think eBay should take this idea seriously.

Regards
Akash
for
HighSkiNdia
Message 54 of 124
latest reply

Hi Mr Murty
Recently i received a call from ebay customer care that you have been appointed a ACCOUNT MANAGER who would assist you in selling unsold items and will guide you on how to be on DAILY DEALS.
Its been over a month now that no person claiming to be my ACCOUNT MANAGER called me for proper guidance.I have so many items for the purpose of daily deals but whosoever is my ACCOUNT MANAGER is avoiding his/her duty and disrespecting ebay.in.
It would be grateful if you look into the matter Mr. Murty
Regards
Nikhil Madan
Message 55 of 124
latest reply

ultimate.traders
Community Member
Mr. Murthy,
i think ebay should also show some inclination towards sellers who are declining which may be in form of
1. sudden too many negative feedback
2. too many eBay guarantee all of sudden.
3. All of sudden buyer satisfaction.
no one from your mgmt ever calls or sends email to ask whats wrong going on.why sudden fall~But when time comes to suspend sellers..copy+paste+send the suspension notice and zatak your id gone,your inventory stuck and congratulations you are unemployed now.~!(Indeed no human aspect)

Read this carefully ill give you a live example
i think one power seller named "happy_deals365" was allowed to promote product named USB VACUUM CLEANER on daily deals.He sold 800+ pieces.
now since that lot had some problem..this guy got too many negative feedbacks.
since he sold approx 800+ pieces he was bound to get negatives..

now my question.
Might be his particular inventory of stock was not upto mark..or may be some problem with that particular lot..so tel me is it justified that he be thrashed in this way..when you do business certain wrongs are bound to happen.that doesn't mean that you will just close his business.He might be dependent on this income.This proves that Ebay is no longer a community because in a community people care for each other.
i know this entire website belongs to ebay and seller has no "share".but sir sellers have serious "stake".
and these satisfying shareholders is not the only task of a corporate one needs to see flip-side also i.e stakeholders
Message 56 of 124
latest reply

vkrm2000
Community Member
ITEM : USB VACUUM CLEANER
SELLER : "happy_deals365"
PRICE : Rs 139/-
No of items sold :Around 800

I NEVER SEEN SUCH A WORST ITEM.

IT IS A VERY CHEAP CHINES PRODUCT.

IT IS ALMOST A DEAD ITEM.

IT SEEMS THAT CHINES MIGHT HAVE DISCARDED THIS ITEM AND THIS SELLER ("happy_deals365") PICKED THAT DUMP AND SOLD TO INNOCENT BUYERS WITH THE SUPPORT OF eBay.

WHY eBay ALLOWING TO SELL SUCH ITEMS ON ITS PLATFORM THAT TOO ON ITS FRONT PAGE ?????
Message 57 of 124
latest reply

velu_888
Community Member
Sir,

WE Wish You and ebay a happy new year 2011,
May Longevity of ebay be blessed by our almighty.

As a ebayer, i wish to bring to your kind notice of some important concerns:

1. Some gemstones/gold/silver are offered through bid and some by buy now.The gem stones are defined as natural, artificial or synthetic at their own prices.
The buyers are tempted to bid or purchase these items only from the description.When it reaches to the buyer's hand and checked with an expert, it is found that they are artificial, whose value are lower than what the seller at ebay offers.
My suggestion is that: The seller should be an authentic jeweller/seller of gemstones,and display the degree of genuineness / CERTIFICATE of the gemstone/gold/silver at item description, then only the buyer can judge the value and go for a bid or purchase.

2. Apparels put at ebay for bid/ sale , have to hold a certificate of the date of manufacture, Because we ebayers purchase the item by seeing the photo of the item. The photo shows only the color,fitting and design, but not the quality, where we can feel the quality and buy directly at a shop nearby. This is the difference between online and offline, so if a certificate of date of manufacture is described the ebayer can predict the quality and go for a deal.
A question may arise now: How by seeing the date of manufacture, one can predict the quality of a cloth?
The answer is very simple,by seeing the date of mfr, we can judge that the cloth is new or old, so the seller cannot ship an old stock item with a lower price to the buyer.So all : the seller, buyer and ebay are safe.
Message 58 of 124
latest reply

Hi Nikhil Madan,
Account manager is a seller's life line. With time you will learn how to use him/her to your advantage. I understand everybody cant be Navin Mistry. But younger people have their own merits. They are less burdened and are able to spend more time on you. Why not call him up and wish a happy new year??
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 59 of 124
latest reply

dbji88
Community Member
hi i am balaji,i find ebay very useful and intresting,i love shopping. thank you ebay team
Message 60 of 124
latest reply