Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager, 12 Jan, 4-5PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Message from Ambareesh...

Hi Everyone

This is Ambareesh Murty, Country Manager of eBay India and I’d like to invite you to an Open House discussion with me on Wednesday, 12th Jan 2011 from 4-5 PM IST.

At the outset I will like to thank all of you for your continued passionate support and in helping us reinforce eBay as India's most preferred online shopping destination. With your support we made tremendous strides in 2010 and continued to deliver on our promise of making lots of safe easy deals available to our buyers. A BIG thanks to our seller community for expanding the available range of products, providing compelling deals and delivering high levels of service to make buying enjoyable on eBay.

1. Our 360 degree marketing campaigns ensured that a lot more users bought for the first time on eBay. 2010 was packed with TV ads, coupons, social media engagement and several high profile charity auctions.

2. The Category Team’s efforts towards ensuring wide spread seller success yielded positive results. More entrepreneurs started successful eBay businesses and existing sellers benefited from increased sales.

3. To enhance our user experience and give buyers more ways to pay, we expanded PaisaPay payment options with more OBT banks, more EMI options and also introduced the PaisaPay COD option.

4. The launch of eBay Guarantee* made it easier, faster and convenient for buyers to resolve their concerns in the off chance that they had a problematic transaction, thereby increasing trust on eBay.

I recognize that there is still lots to be done to deliver a seamless marketplace experience for our buyers and sellers and in 2011 we will continue to provide lots more safe easy deals to buyers to ensure that even more online Indian's try out eBay.

Our community has always been our most vocal supporter and our strongest critic and I look forward to your suggestions for further improving our user experience and answer your eBay related questions during my Open House discussion.

You can post your questions in advance on this thread, or join me live on 12th Jan at 4 PM. See you on the 12th!

Regards
Ambareesh Murty
Country Manager – eBay India
Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

There should be some provisions to tackle non-paying bidders. Along with final value fees, eBay should also offer refund on all listings fees (including fees for listing upgrades) when an Unpaid item case is successfully closed.

As the item's description is binding on the seller, the same should be binding on the buyer as well. Buyers who buy the item ignoring the item description and raise an issue which is against seller's terms, shouldn't be entertained by eBay.
Message 41 of 124
latest reply

amit-jaipur
Community Member
DEAR SIR

I NEED TO CLEAR SOME OF MY DOUBTS PLEASE RESPOND TO SAME IN TIMELY MANNER

1. WHEN WE GAVE CLEAR DESCRIPTION AND STATES THAT WARRANTY WOULD BE GAVEN ONLY FOR SEVEN DAYS THEN WHY YOU TAKE AN ACTION IF BUYER INFORM SOME PROBLEM AFTER 7 DAYS

WE GAVE WARRANTY ON THE PRODUCT ON WHICH WE ALSO WON'T HAVE . WE GAVE WARRANTY FROM OUR POCKET

2. WHY YOU ARE TAKING NEUTRAL FEEDBACK AS AGAINST POOR
SERVICE BY THE SELLER AND YOU SUSPEND THEM WHY THIS ACTION TAKES AGAINST NEUTRAL AS NEUTRAL ITSELF MEANS NOR
GOOD NOR BAD

3. WHEN WE ARE MENTIONING PLEASE CHECK THE CONTENTS OF THE PARCEL BEFORE ACCEPTING THE COURIER THEN WHY WE ARE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF BUYER SCREAM AFTERWARDS AS THEY CAN STEAL FROM THE PACKET AFTERWARDS ALSO

4.WHEN BUYER INITIATE REFUND STATING ITEM NOT RECEIVED BUT IN THE ACTUAL CONDITION BUYER SAYS ITEM IS NOT AS DESCRIBED THEN YOUR CUSTOMER CARE GUYS SAY THAT INITIATE A REFUND AND IT ALWAYS SHOW IN ONLINE TRACKING ITEM DELIVERED BUT YOUR GUYS SAY TO GAVE US PROOF OF DELIVERY WHEN THIS THING ITSELF SAYS ITEM DELIVEED WHY YOU GAVE UNNECESSARLY TENSION TO THE SELLER

5. YOU HAVE RECENTLY MADE A CHANGE IN COMMUNITY COURT THERE HAS TO BE A ONE MORE CHANGE IN COMMUNITY COURT THAT WHEN BUYER WON'T RESPOND THE APPEAL FEEDBACK SHOULD BE REMOVED WHY GAVE UNNECESSARY PRESSURE ON JURY

6. THERE HAS TO BE A AUTOMATIC POSITIVE FEEDBACK SYSEM IF FEEDBACK WAS NOT LEFT BEFORE 30 DAYS IT WOULD BE LEFT AUTOMATICALLY I SEE THAT WE GENERATE ONLY 20% FEEDBACK OF THE TANSACTION HAPPEN IF MORE FEEDBACK COME MORE BUSINESS WOULD HAPPEN

7. COUPON GENERATING IDEA HAS TO IMPLEMENT

8. I HAVE LISTEN FOM MANY SELLERS THAT EBAY PUT THERE ACCOUNT ON HOLD FOR 30 DAYS FOR 1% DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER

I JUST WANT TO BRING YOUR ATTENTION JUST HOLD THE PAYMENT OF PARICULAR TANSACTION IN WHICH PROBLEM OCCUR O YOU CAN HOLD FIVE TIMES PAYMENT OF THE PATICULA TRANACTION AS OTHER MECHANT SITES DO AND THEN RELEASE THE PAYMENT WHEN PROBLEM RESOLVE

BUT 1% IS REALLY A STUPID CITERIA BECAUSE OUT OF 100 ONE WOULD NEVER BE SATISFIED SO PLEASE KINDLY MAKE A NOTE OF IT

THANKS
Message 42 of 124
latest reply

@mac302i,
Dont find anywhere?
Look up ebay. Thats natural.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 43 of 124
latest reply

cyber.books
Community Member
Hello Mr.Murthy,

A very happy and prosperous 2011 to you.

I have a few concerns which I hope you would clarify as I share them with other users:

1. When Ebay restricts an A/c the reason is normally provided, but when an A/c is cancelled or blocked then why doe'nt Ebay provides the specific reason so that a person who has not done anything intentionally gets to atleast understand what went wrong.

2. There is undoubtedly a NEXUS between some of your managers and Power Sellers, which you need to seriously check and stop as others have also pointed out.

3. I agree that Sellers should not be allowed to give -ve feedback, but Neutral feedback for buyers should be an option.

4. Please clarify how many accounts an individual can have as I have seen many Sellers having multiple accounts and all as power sellers.

Thanks.
Message 44 of 124
latest reply

Hello Mr.Murty
Recently a bad trend has started in ebay.Some ebayers are gold/silver plating original Indian Copper/Brass coins (old and new) and listing them in ebay.I thought no sensible/serious buyer will buy, but these are selling well in ebay.Actually these sellers are boosting their sales by fooling innocent buyers(beginners) having limited knowledge.Matter does not end here.There are others who are hand coloring/painting some of these coins and selling in ebay.These colored coins not only look horrible but also reflects of their bad tastes who color them.Some ebayers even coloring copper coins with light blue aluminum color so that they look similar to a silver coin,this act is simlpy a cheating.Lastly I must mention the most annoying category i.e. Fake/replica coins/notes showing famous personalities like Indira Gandhi etc.i really wonder as to why these are allowed to list in ebay.Therefore I consider these irresponsible acts as insult to our culture and heritage which takes a few thousand years to build.
Therefore I request your team to immediately stop listing of there fake/altered/replica items in ebay by issuing a general rules for listing." No fake/replica/altered/copied
items like especially coins/currency notes/postage stamps
etc are allowed for listing in ebay.
Thank you
Message 45 of 124
latest reply

sivaanjaneya
Community Member
Hi,
My suggestions are:

1. Like alibaba.com, generate automatic feedback since many new comers don't know its meaning. Else many may switch over to new Alibaba.in going to be launched soon

2. You verify sellers with dozens of phone call but not buyers. Many are fake but you don't care sellers. But when contacted, you people say indirectly we support sellers.

3. Don't ask your outsourced client vcustomer to call often sellers for promoting. When we need we can list out. I get 2 calls per week during business hours.

4. Why do you have live chat only till 6. Many need facility after evening 6 and during weekends.
Message 46 of 124
latest reply

Hi Mr. Murthy

good morning

I have listed in ebay since 2005 and for the last one year I am very active spending more time and money but with no results.

I also took advatage of the chat services but nothing worked.

I am given different suggestions and different ideas by various staff members wich is very much confusing.

I did not loose hope but the day has not seen good result so far.

Last month I ttied one option on bid basis (with a loss of 100%) and based on the e-mail confirmation I had dis[patched the item with no moeny coming through for the product. I contacted your concerned department and only got the message that I should contact the buyer directly for the payment and ebay will reverse the listing fees back to my account with no surety of money being received.
where is the protection for the sellers?

please clarify this point.

regards,
g.r.ramachandran
pcbrain_in1
Message 47 of 124
latest reply

vsrikantan
Community Member
Dear Mr.Murthy,

I had written to you earlier also on the same subject. You have neither replied nor have done anything to rectify the issues raised.

A. In almost each and very web page of e-bay- India there are mistakes. Just to give a example, search for 8 GB pendrive and you will get all 2,4,16 Gb pendrives. This happens either because your server/IT team is not upto to standards and they are simply lethargic/sloppy.

B. You are allowing fakes to be sold which is against law. You have people selling fake Arrow, Louis Philip, Van Heusan shirts, all kinds of fake wrist watches etc being advertised with out even mentioning that they are look a likes. How are you allowig it?

C. It is obvious that many of your sellers have more than one account and use various abbreviations to hide this fact. No body should be allowed to open account with out revealing his correct and full name in the site.

I hope at least after this mail, you will take necessary steps.

V.Srikantan
9841209611 Mob
ebay id : vsrikantan.
Message 48 of 124
latest reply

vkrm2000
Community Member
@ amit-jaipur & other cheating sellers

You find out some UNIQUE SYSTEM/TECHNOLOGY by which eBay can transfer buyers hard earned money to your account automatically.

It is, I think, better for sellers like you
Message 49 of 124
latest reply

sn-shoppe
Community Member
@amit-jaipur

Really Very Good Question's You Have asked Hope Ebay & The Manager Can See Those Problems Sellers Having Always,
:-)*~*Regards Sn-Shoppe*~*:-)
Message 50 of 124
latest reply