cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open House Chat with Kashyap Vadapalli - Director, Category & Business Dev

Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Kashyap Vadapalli, Director - Category & Business Development for an online discussion on selling on eBay India. We look forward to your suggestions for further improving the selling experience and also answer your eBay related questions during the Open House discussion.

Kashyap will be available on this thread on Tuesday, 15th March 2011 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by making a post on this thread.

See you on the 15th at 4:00 PM!

Regards,
Seema Khanna
eBay India
Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

kashyap@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Sellers,

This is regarding CRF.

I understand there have been a lot of concerns around CRF, my take on this is as follows-

Basic objective of revamping community court was to ensure that the platform remains fair and safe where concerns of unjust feedback against sellers can be reviewed.

Recent changes and formation of the Community Review Forum ensure that only community members with a strong past track record of delivering a great eBay experience review the cases that are filed.

CRF has a mix of both buyers and sellers & the intention of launching CRF was to ensure that the decisions are fair which was the core aim of Community Court as well.

There has been a change in the feedback removal rates in CRF compared to community court. While there could be many reasons for the same .... some of them seem to be -

- Change in Jury mix: The new Jurors are a balanced mix of sellers and buyers and are selected by invitation basis either having a good record of delivering excellent customer service or a good ebay transaction history.

- Strength or details of the case as presented by sellers: The Seller may not have provided complete details (about the reason for feeling the feedback is unjust in his appeal in CRF) which may result in the Juror not agreeing with the sellers feedback appeal in CRF

One of the constant feedback received from our Jurors is that the appeals made by the Sellers are not detailed out or the seller has not provided supporting to defend his appeal e.g. Single line appeal mentioning the issue with the buyer is now resolved and the feedback be removed without any supporting providing information to Jurors that the issue is resolved. In absence of the same, the Juror may not completely agree with the sellers appeal and may vote in favour of feedback to remain.

I would recommend sellers to provide as much information, relevant documents while appealing for the cases which would make it easier for the jurors to vote on a case.

Further, concern raised by one of you was around negative feedback received for low value items/ coupon used by buyers. Feedback left by the buyers is based on his experience while transacting on eBay and it has less to do with the amount spent or coupon used.

Having said that, we would soon be coming out with guidelines which will help sellers identify if CRF is the best option for reviewing the feedback or it falls under our removal guidelines / request buyers to revise feedback

We constantly monitor the rate of juror participation, the voting trends etc. and can assure you that if there are any short-comings we will fix them, in the meanwhile, please keep the feedback coming.

Kashyap
Message 51 of 70
latest reply

kashyap@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear youngistan,

We at eBay understand the requirement of our sellers for a shipping solution & we are working on a logistics support solution which will address some of your concerns on logistics, including cost related concerns.

Kashyap
Message 52 of 70
latest reply

kashyap@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear om_estore,

Not sure if you are aware of the eBay Seller Protection Policy which has been in place since launch of eBay Guarantee* & specifically designed to protect sellers against any loss.

Please refer to this link that provides information on the Seller Protection Policy
http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/seller-protection-policy.html

Some of the concerns raised by sellers on CRF have been addressed in my posts earlier. I would suggest you to go through them and feel free to respond on anything that you feel may have been unanswered.

Kashyap
Message 53 of 70
latest reply

kashyap@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear inteli_india,

Selling Limits can be placed for various reasons โ€“ to name a few: restrictions due to non performance, sellers trying to list branded items which has a high potential of being counterfeit. The purpose of having limits is to verify the authenticity of the items & safeguard the interest of the community. You may write to eBay trust & safety to have your account reviewed in case you face any restrictions.

Also, feedback alone is not the deciding factor for placing restrictions on the sellers accounts. There are several factors which are considered for measuring a sellerโ€™s performance.

With regards to your query on Employees being an active seller on site, we allow our employees to sell & they are bound by this policy:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-employee.html
So the employees can be identified with the listings that have the above link.

Ebay offers sellers and buyers a platform to communicate effectively. Time to time communication with the buyers pre and post shipment of the item can help address all buying related concerns.

Kashyap
Message 54 of 70
latest reply

kashyap@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear chaturvarma,

eBay offers sellers to list in the classified format for certain categories in Cars & Bikes, Services & real estate.

We understand you were unable to list, I would urge you to try again and in case of any issues, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team

Kashyap
Message 55 of 70
latest reply

kashyap@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear amitava123gems,

It would be helpful if you could be more specific to the issue faced by you with certain buyers. We would be more than happy to assist you.

Kashyap
Message 56 of 70
latest reply

kashyap@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear machpowertool ,

We appreciate your suggestion around having differential rates & adding a freight calculator.

We at eBay understand the requirement of our sellers for a shipping solution & we have been working on a logistics solution which will cater to your need. We would definetly consider feedback from our sellers before we come out with the final product.

Kashyap
Message 57 of 70
latest reply

kashyap@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear machpowertool,

Some of the concerns raised by sellers on CRF have been addressed in my posts earlier. I would suggest you to go through them and feel free to respond on anything that you feel may have been unanswered.

To your point on new buyers leaving negative feedback, I would strongly recommend communicating effectively with your buyers to avoid any post sales issues/ disputes which could potentially lead to angst amongst buyers.

With regards to your point on lowest sales, I understand that there was a significant drop in your listing due to which your business got affected which has now been corrected.

We were facing some intermittent issues with payment infrastructure which were resolved in half an hour. I would suggest you to report any such issues to our Customer Support team in case you face this in the future.

Kashyap
Message 58 of 70
latest reply

Dear kashyap@ebay.com

I think many of the seller has not received sufficient votes in CRF & lost the case. Is it possible to check and reopend the case ???

Please reply
Message 59 of 70
latest reply

kashyap@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear reliablebestoffer,

We apologize if there are any open threads or issues that may have been left unattended. Iโ€™ve tried to address concerns on CRF on this thread.

I would suggest you to go through them and feel free to respond on anything that you feel may have been unanswered.

We thank you for your feedback on re-opening cases which havenโ€™t received any sufficient votes.

Kashyap
Message 60 of 70
latest reply