cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Chat with Anil Shenoy, Manager – Marketplace Health on 1st Augus

Dear Community Members,

I am Anil Shenoy, Manager – Marketplace Health for eBay India.

Under this role, my team is responsible for Site policies & implementing proactive programs to ensure eBay India remains fair & safe for our community members. Over the last 6 months we have made modifications to our site policies (eBay Guarantee*, Feedback removal, Seller protection & Acceptable Payments policy) and launched outreach programs to educate new sellers to deliver to a good experience to our buyers.

I will be present on the Community Boards for an Open House session on 1st August 2011, between 4 pm and 5 pm.

I will encourage you to post your thoughts, comments and suggestions on this thread.

I am looking forward towards this meeting and I hope to gather lot of useful feedback from you.

See you on the 1st August for an Open house discussion!

Regards,
Anil Shenoy
Manager – Marketplace Health
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear amitava123gems,

Although I agree that not opting for non PaisaPay or not listing in auctions is not the only solve for reducing UPI, but not allowing buyers to leave feedback prior to making payment will also not help address this.

Additionally, we are not in favor of having differential treatment for our women sellers as it might impact the buyers experience on eBay

Regards
Anil
Message 51 of 62
latest reply

Dear Anil ji

One of my buyer shiva_saving gave us negative feedback because we declined to accept the used backpack from him. What was our fault ? Why will we take a used and oped tag bag return from the buyer ?

Tag is the sign on originality of the product and MRP is also on the tag. Where will i sell the item again and who will buy from me without the MRP tag ?

Due to the help of the TNS team he got refund and finally he left me the negative feedback.

We lost both bag and money and in return we got negative feedback. If ebay encourage buyers in this way they will take advantage of it.

And your T&S team says me "yeh sab to chalta hai business me loss bhi karna padta hai"

I don't feel seller are much protected. I agree 99% of buyers are good. But we seller should be protected from the 1% of this type of buyer.

Please remove this feedback if you can.
Message 52 of 62
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear cover_n_cases,

On checking your feedback profile and the cases highlighted by you, please find my comments

Feedback left by user ids yasuzak184, imdrsb and neloyghosh cannot qualify for removal basis buyer non contactability.

However feedback left by the buyer "sujit_abc" can be removed as it not related to the product and I not see any claim raised with eBay.

Regards
Anil
Message 53 of 62
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear rajelectroniks,

We thank you for your feedback. We already have a help page on feedback for our buyers but there is scope for improvement and we shall work on the content such that it is much more simpler for buyers to understand.

Regards
Anil
Message 54 of 62
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear ajit_1980kumar,

Thank you for your interest for buying on eBay. Be rest assured and confident on purchasing products from any of our sellers on eBay.

With PaisaPay, eBay India's Safe payment service, your money will be remitted to the seller only once you have received the product.

Post receipt of the item, in an unfortunate event, if you are not satisfied with your purchase on eBay, you are protected throught our Buyer protection program known as "eBay Guarantee*",which will ensure your concern is resolved within 20 days.

For more information you can get in touch with our customer support team on 1800-209-3229 as well.

Regards
Anil
Message 55 of 62
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear drk4kool,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I will have this escalated to our US team and they will get back to you with an update

Regards
Anil
Message 56 of 62
latest reply

sure4more
Community Member
Dear Sir

Good Evening Sir,

We have to ebay ID ie. "selling24x7" and "sapl4all” which were suspended in Aug 2009 due seller policy violation. As per communication with ebay that time we were not aware of exact violation.

We request you to please look into this matter and reinstate these ID as we faced long suspension.

we are very old seller on ebay from Baazee time and having a good selling track with good feedback score on both ID.

We may have done wrong as per ebay policy but intention was not doing that. we assure ebay team and ebay to work again with ebay policy to avoid such mistakes from our site.

We request you to reinstate these ID again and guide us how we can communicate with you and ebay team for required process to do so.

Thanks

Mahaveer Champawat
Message 57 of 62
latest reply

hydstore
Community Member
While I was complaining about my concerns in my last 2 posts, I must appreciate eBay for certain changes which are helping every one.

1. Best Match
2. Feedback removal on Live Chat
3. Increase in max shipping cost threshold
4. Category additions
5. Custom Label and other selling manager pro changes
6. Return shipping for Guarantee claim products

More changes I would be glad of:

1. Allowing sellers to send customized discount coupons - will help serve our loyal buyers and repeat buyers
2. eBay tieing up with logistic partners for discounted prices to their sellers
3. Free distribution of eBay tapes/bags to sellers

I have more suggestions which I would surely pass on to the team via email.

Thanks for good efforts (and some that can be improved on).

Regards,
HYDSTORE
Message 58 of 62
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear om_estore,

Seller protection program is designed towards protecting sellers against losses due to buyer abuse.

We will look into this case ( buyer shiva_saving) and have this reviewed under Seller Protection.

Regards
Anil
Message 59 of 62
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear sure4more,

Further to our discussion in the Voices of the customer meet held on Friday 29th July, 2011 in Mumbai, I shall get back to you on the status of your account activation.

Regards
Anil
Message 60 of 62
latest reply