cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

International listing Promotion - Don't get trapped - read it carefully

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

The International listing Promotion isn't a sincere offer from ebay.

Many innocent Sellers would get trapped in this Offer.

I feel this is totally unfair on part of ebay.

The main clause in the Promotion is that the fee would be refunded for the first 5 listings during the promotional period.

So friends .... just be careful.... if you have already listed any 5 or more of your Items during this period then International promotion is not for you.

Many Sellers would not be able to recover upto Rs.485 if their promotional Listings are not the first 5 ones.

Why is ebay trying to puzzle innocent members by manipulating the offer.

Why isn't this offer like it used to be before?

Why isn't it for first 5 International Listings for the said period?

Community would like to know from ebay.

I hope someone from ebay clarifies this issue.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

skyshopindia
Community Member
!!!!!!!!!!!SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is like 'Yudhistir' remarks 'Ashathama Hata - iti Gaja' - From Mahabharata
It is like Krishna's statement to Yoshoda 'Mai ne.....hi Makhana Khaiyo'
Intension was wrong for both but literally both are legal.
Similar case for IL Promotion (sorry for Border and Subtitle Promotion)- Here I(with so many others) became the Legal 'Moorga'.
I never expect such trapping using tricky promotion.
When I am not illegible for this promotion(as I have already uploaded many listings during this period), why eBay called me to avail this promotion? Just to make me fool?

A solid lesson I have got from eBay in 4 years 6 months association with eBay. Hope eBay won't oblige me any fees credit for this fact. Because that will be more insulting to me. This is my humble request. Let me to remember this character of eBay for some long period.

Regards
Achintya Ghosh
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

touchnshine
Community Member
X-(EBAY'S DELIGHT!!!!!!!! SELLERS PLIGHT X-(

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear touchnshine,

You have very well said ...

AAMDANI ATTHANI KHARCHA RUPAIYAA

..... sellers put in day in and day out and also try to offer Items at a very competitive rates. But when you have to shell out money un-knowingly then it really pinches.

The may be many members who sell .... just for FUN.
For them it would be a terrible experience and may never return back to ebay.

This kind of Promotions would definately bring a bad name for ebay.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
My Dear Friend Achintya,

Do yo think that, with such tricky Promotions.... there can be trust, faith & coordial relations amongst Sellers & ebay.

I don't think so.

Its not a matter of Rs.485 or so.... but a matter of crack in the foundation of our trust in ebay.

Just see that when, so experienced a Seller like you, can get trapped .....then what to say about the new Sellers.

We all love ebay but cannot digest such promos.

There is one more promotion going on which has been put on the Announcement Board .....

Featured Plus / Gallery Featured โ€“ Buy 1, Get 1 FREE(07/07/06)

Now the question is that why wasn't this TRICKY IL+SubTitle+Border Promotion not pasted on the Announcement Board.

Many Sellers have received phone calls to participate in the Promotion but non of the excutives would have explained the tricky clause.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Hi,
I think international listing fee should be as low as Rs2.00 only... to attract buyers who have buying power.Dot com listings are much cheaper that way.India shop listing is free and auction listing with gallery pix is also cheap.I agree to that.But what is really needed is international exposure.eBay india will earn much more by FVF that way.They dont have to push for enhanced listings/and associated fees.Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

First of all please allow me to clarify that idea was vertainly not to cheat our users. The idea behind any promotion is to encourage sellers to try out new features.

In case of this specific promotion - there are lots of sellers who might not be comfortable shipping internationally, however would like to participate in such promotions. To allow more sellers to use the promotion, we built in the flexibility, whereby users can use various features (Border + Subtitle) while not using ILF.

However, I completely agree that communication can be improved and we will take greater care in future to ensure a clearer communication. We will also work on timing of communciation so that our sellers are prepared to take maximum benifit of the promotion.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear Sapana,

I am not at all happy with the clarification on this mess up.

ebay has put up its TRUST on stake..... with this kind of Promotion.
The Promotion should be so clear that we should opt for it blind-folded.

Regarding your clarification that Sub-Title & Border was clubbed along with the International Promotion so as to accommodate the Sellers who are un-comfortable shipping Internationally, I would like to say & ask.....

1. What sense does it make to offer Rs.2 along with the Rs.90 promotion ?

2. Who would be thrilled to save Rs.10 on a free promotion of Sub-title for 5 listings, if the member is not using it along with International Listings.

3. Why can't we have a separate IFL as we used to have earlier. (Why has it been changed?)

4. Is ebay not worried about members who have lost Rs.485 in this mess-up?

5. Is ebay willing to return the money to those effected ? (It would be a fantastic gesture and would show that ebay really cares for its Community)

6. There was no intention of ebay to earn money out of this promotion. So, returning that money to Sellers shouldn't be a problem rather it would be an investment to strengthen our relation.

7. IFL is the only promotion ( I suppose but don't have proof ) which is sought after by most of the Sellers. Whenever ebay has interacted with Sellers the request of lowering the IL fee and offering more & more IFL has been put forward.

I hope ebay would simplify the IFL Promotion and offer it more often so that Sellers may benefit more out of it.

I would also like to state that I am not the effected ones as I read the promotion thrice and saw the loop hole.

I didn't participated in it ..... I am not going to gain anything out of it ..... but community would appreciate if you return the money of the effected ones.

best regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

hi_techpower
Community Member
X-(
Dear Fellows,
I also paid more than Rs. 14,000 when ebay was just launched and when we used turbo lister the listing goes live after 6 hours of uploading and at that time promotion was finished. and we have to pay to be on ebay for there fault. from that day i never used any promotionl offers.X-(
Regards
Amit gauba
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

touchnshine
Community Member

I totally agree with Umang --
indconcepts.... All seven points should be strictly considered by Ebay:|.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply