Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

International Selling - Know what's important for new seller, 6 Oct, 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

At eBay, our sellers have acess to a huge buyer base of 203 million registered users spanning across 150 countries. This opens a wonderful opportunity of international selling for our sellers. Many sellers from India have already tapped into this opportunity and started selling globally.

We are sure that you will be keen to know more about this opportunity and have a lot of queries regarding this. To help answer them, we have Amarjit from International Selling Team who will help you by answering your questions on what all to look out for when you want to start you international business.

If you have any questions related to international shipping, check out the Online workshop where DHL answered various questions on International Shipping.

To find answers to your questions, or to just say a hello, drop in this Open House discussion on 6th October, 4 -5 PM

See you on 6th!

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

harikrishna9622
Community Member
Hi

I am Harikrishna from Bangalore, last 2 weeks back i joined as seller and buyer of ebay but i need some details about 'How to buy and sell?.

Thank you

regards
HARIKRISHNA
Message 11 of 73
latest reply

jolanta0704
Community Member
Hello!
I have again the same problem with paisa pay.
I have payed via paisa pay, but they have't sent this money to the seller.They are still bolcked on my visa card.The problem is that I can not used them and seler can not get them.This is a big problem.I will not more pay via paisa pay!!!Those poeple there are not serious!.Do something with this!
JKB
Message 12 of 73
latest reply

Dear PaisaPay,
Please do something for Mr JKB from Nederlands.I once tried barter like the stone ages.The buyer got his item within 7 days.But I never got the item he was supposed to send.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 13 of 73
latest reply

Hi,

Selling internationally is very easy, I do receive many positive responses and queries from all over the globe the buyers are interested and willing to buy but the main worry is shipping charges.Nearly 50% of buyers loose interest after finding shipping charges sometimes even cost more than the product.

I strongly feel that eBay must enter into some kind of agreement with major couriers like DHL, Blue dart, TNT, aramex, where the sellers get 25% - 30% discount on bulk shipments (10 kg and abv) or get special rates for ebay sellers

I think if shipping is affordable anything can be bought from anywhere whether it is India or world.

If ebay wants big international orders the first step is tie up with efficient international courier and get special rates for ebay power sellers.

Thanks,

Regards
Rajesh Parekh
princesswalkeshwar_in1
Message 14 of 73
latest reply

olkarts
Community Member
Dear Amarjit,

I have some legal issue to know more about..... As a new seller on ebay, who also have no business background and very less info about legal things such as IEC, Sale tax no. and any membership with related Organization such as handicraft for handcrafted item or textile organization for exporting garments.

Are all these things really necessary to start a very very small scale business? As its possible, I am only able to sell 1 - 5 items per month or may nothing sometime, as Im not a big seller. Its only I want to start something.

And what are the necessary document required at the time of shipping the handcrafted item to abroad? How many things I should keep in mind infact of all these legal things?

Thanks & Regards,
Olkarts
Message 15 of 73
latest reply

To Mr Amarjit Batra Saheb,
I have this modest suggestion to make.
When we apply for IEC, we are required to submit a certficate from our bank as a token of verification.
When we apply for PaisaPay,we have to give that bank A/C #,as a token of verification.
Upto this is okay.
Now we are verified by eBay india.
If eBay india PaisaPay takes the trouble of collecting PayPal money on our behalf,and disburse that to us,Okay,that becomes a hassel free operation.
That solves the problems of seniors like indiastamps and halwawala(Mr Gupta).
I am telling you frankly,I dont like to see the figures in dollars in my PayPal account.100 dollars means my whole month's personal expenses.We Indians are not rich pple like our brothers in US or UK.
I would like to have that in Indian currency in my hand or in my bank account,so that I can buy fish and vegetable with that.
We are bonafide members.
I have 101% faith in PaisaPay.
PaisaPay trusts us.I am ready to pay any amount of collecting charge to PaisaPay for this service.
What happens is very simple.We can list in volumes with US and UK sites.That means a quamtum jump in sales.
Please consider this option.That will not violate any eBay policy.That will benefit all.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 16 of 73
latest reply

Hello Sir,
We are of the same opinion that of Mr. Narendra of
"Assemblerz". That if our categories do not match with the Categories of the TARGET COUNTRY, then the investment in Int'l. listing is futile.
The 'STAMPS' category, though having booming market internationally, is a full fledged category in most mazor country sites like USA and UK but here in INDIA it is still tagged with the 'COINS' -- so so long .
For eaxample the mazor products of Indian sub- continent falls under the CATEGORY No. '263' i.e "British Commonwealth" under stamps but we DO NOT have that category at all in INDIA though all the buyer abroad search for the said items in that category only as that is there in USA, UK and in all mazor country sites. Our repeated FEEDBACK through " LIVE HELP" chat did not yield any result.
So Sir, Please see that:-
1. STAMPS be a completely seperate category with all sub-categories thereof synchonised with that of the UK or USA sites.
2. Lowering the fees for int'l listing may result in more compensatory int'l listings and final value fees !!
Regards,
Message 17 of 73
latest reply

narasimhan_network
Community Member
I do not want to register with Paypal I am registerd with paisapay

I want to sell a food supplement Indian NONI which the ebay.in can not listed for India policy decision

But other eBay sites have permitted NONI

Even Ebay .in has allowed some others to sell noni

Tell me how I can sell to International buyers without selling in India

Thanx...
Message 18 of 73
latest reply

narasimhan_network
Community Member
Indian Noni can not be sold in India - policy decision

I want to list for other countries,UK USA

I do not want to start a new registration for paypal

MRP being Rs 1250, courier is Rs 1000 or more

How to sell internationally without selling in India
Message 19 of 73
latest reply

ashish003book
Community Member
DEAR AMARJIT,
WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST MODE OF TRANSPORTATION FOR FOREIGN COUNTRIES.LEASE THROUGH SOME LIGHT ON THE TOPIC.
THANKS
Message 20 of 73
latest reply