Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

International Selling - Know what's important for new seller, 6 Oct, 4-5 PM

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

At eBay, our sellers have acess to a huge buyer base of 203 million registered users spanning across 150 countries. This opens a wonderful opportunity of international selling for our sellers. Many sellers from India have already tapped into this opportunity and started selling globally.

We are sure that you will be keen to know more about this opportunity and have a lot of queries regarding this. To help answer them, we have Amarjit from International Selling Team who will help you by answering your questions on what all to look out for when you want to start you international business.

If you have any questions related to international shipping, check out the Online workshop where DHL answered various questions on International Shipping.

To find answers to your questions, or to just say a hello, drop in this Open House discussion on 6th October, 4 -5 PM

See you on 6th!

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

indiankari
Community Member
?:| Please Help ---- Are you Registered with pay pal? what type of Pay Pal account should i register? How will an Indian sellers registered with pay pal account receive his payment in India? How long will it take to receive the payment from pay pal and what mode of payment do they use? & if applicable in what currency do they release the payment and what kind of Account should I open in a local Bank? Please help I am also a new Indian seller on ebay

INDIANKARI ?:|
Message 2 of 73
latest reply

indiankari
Community Member
?:| International Buyers Ask for Pay Pal Mode. Help Needed regarding Pay Pal.

Indiankari ?:|
Message 3 of 73
latest reply

To Mr Amarjit,Sir,
I just wanted to ask you this.PayPal is supposed to operate from Singapore now.Indian sellers/users of our community has expressed some amount of dissatisfaction in the past over the withdrawal of money from PP a/c.I dont have much stuck up there and I propose to buy certain things from Great Britain and Australia.So I wont withdraw that.I shall just buy them with my PP money.
But,say,in future I would like to buy bread and butter, and I will need cash in hand. I would like very much if you or any other users would like to express their views,on the aspect of withdrawal of fund and functioning of PP from Singapore.
After all, We are basically PaisaPay users and no problem with that. International buyers are not complaining now a days about delay. PaisaPay has definitely certain edge over PayPal. Buyers pay by using CC.
But please tell me this urgently.I have to tell my buyers about particularly only one thing.
So my question is:::

A BUYER HAS SOME MONEY IN PAYPAL ACCOUNT.
CAN THIS BUYER PAY TO PAISAPAY FROM THIS ACCOUNT?

Sir,please treat this question as important.If the buyer can pay to PaisaPay from PayPal,there will be a quatum jump in buying/selling activities in our India site. In fact ,it is difficult to imagine the the increase. I dont want to predict. But ,I must say, this ought to be substantial.
Please accept my best wishes.God bless you.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 73
latest reply

Sir,
I would also like very much if you could tell me this.
Say I shift to Sydney,NSW and continue selling in Ebay India,will PaisaPay send my weekly cheks in AU$ to my Sydney address?
I am never against any Ebay policy.I consider Ebay as a good caring friend.But I would not really like if PaisaPay is replaced by PayPal.This is of course my personal liking and I wont like any other user to be influenced by my views.
But I do like the system of PaisaPay and I shall like it to continue in future as it is doing now.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 73
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
Dear Amarjeet Saheb ,

Welcome , Sir to the Board .

Sir, what I observe and feel that the traffic of overseas buyers , spelcially from Italy , Spain , Australis has dropped tremendously during last two months .

Could you kindly resaerch and find out the reasons ?

What does your internal data tells you ?

Rgds
halwawala_in1
Message 6 of 73
latest reply

pooja_jewels
Community Member
Dear Amarjeet Ji,

Welcome to the discussion board.

I've been doing good on ebay, but for last few months international buyer from Europe have dropeed, infect there is no buyer from Europe, Christmas is coming but no buyer's from France, Germany, Not a single buyer from NZ, Singapore, Malasia.

Can you find out the reason?

I look forward to Ur reply.

Regards
Pooja Jewels
Message 7 of 73
latest reply

jolanta0704
Community Member
I am a europr buyer.I have bought a few items from difference seler.I have payed by paisa pay, but my paying was rejected buy paisa pay.I have called to my visa card service and they said the the payment was akcepted, so I can not used them.Paisa pay have blocked my money and have never took them for the paying.They also asked me to send a copy of my credit card.I have allready done this (3 times!!!) but they stiil asked me the same.
I will never more buy in India!!!
Jolanta 0704
Message 8 of 73
latest reply

kannan_s74
Community Member
Dear sir,

i bought this item BAFO USB to IrDA Infrared Adapter - BF - 120 (160027007699) on 11th september 2006 itself. but till now i didnt get this item. i had send more mails to this seller sethikamal(881) , but there is no reply. Please advice me how i can get this item or get my money back asap.

Thanks,
Elango.S
Message 9 of 73
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
Dear Amarjit Batra,
My question is on Ebay fees to sell international (worldwide) & Lisings outside India.
I want to know what exactly ebay means by selling internationally?
What I can understand is that:
Ebay charges Rs. 15 to Rs. 90 to sell internationally per listing. These fees are just taken to list in ALL other non India ebay site.

A regular member can list in India and is still able to sell to a non India Buyer. This is free.

My question is that a seller if spends Rs. 15 to Rs. 90 to sell it outside India just to show his listing in other countries, BUT if that CATEGORY is not there in THAT other country, the listing is never shown. Its just a waste. The only way the listing is shown in other countries is if a buyer types in exact search in search box.
I hope you understand the difference as the category structure in all ebay sites are different.

Thanks & Regards,
Narendra
Assemblerz:)
Message 10 of 73
latest reply