cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

INDIAN BASED BUYERS DENIED BUYING - FOREIGNERS CAN BUY - UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

we-buy-you-sell
Community Member
India based sellers are denying sales to India based buyers YET offering the goods to foreign based buyers. Why?

Simply because they want to make more out of foreigners. Some are also not listing on eBay India but on other foreign eBay sites.

The above creates a BAD visiting or buying experience for India based buyers and is grossly unfair. Sellers should not be allowed to list items on other sites UNLESS the same item is available to India-based buyers.

What's eBay India going to do about this problem?
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

posting.id.in
Community Member
Hello,

The choicest Alphonso Mangoes and Basmati rice is first exported and only the 2nd grade makes it to the Indian Market.

The best Indian brains leave the country to work in USA, Europe and even Gulf.

A whole bread of young Indian wake up in the night to help Americans use ovens and toasters and what not.

Life ess Hard. Take a Minto or buy from ebay.com, what is stopping you?

-------
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

we-buy-you-sell
Community Member
"Take a Minto or buy from ebay.com, what is stopping you?"

Are u nuts? Why should I as an Indian based in India buying from an Indian based seller pay in US dollars for locally manufactured items - with hugely hiked-up shipping charges on eBay.com?
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

ufo_big
Community Member
It is perfectly legal for any seller to sell a item to any market of his/her choice.

The probable reason for any body not preferring to sell to Indian buyers is that:

1. Many Indian buyers are still not mature. Many times they buy for fun and do not complete the transaction. For a seller this creates hell of a lot of problem. Apart from losing the listing fee, he can not relist the product before completing unpaid item disputes which may take a month.

2. Many times Indian buyers give negative feedback in the drop of a hat without giving chance to sellers to correct. They don't understand how one negative feedback can damage the sellers reputation
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

ufo_big
Community Member
It is perfectly legal for any seller to sell a item to any market of his/her choice.

The probable reason for any body not preferring to sell to Indian buyers is that:

1. Many Indian buyers are still not mature. Many times they buy for fun and do not complete the transaction. For a seller this creates hell of a lot of problem. Apart from losing the listing fee, he can not relist the product before completing unpaid item disputes which may take a month.

2. Many times Indian buyers give negative feedback by the drop of a hat, without giving chance to sellers to correct. They don't understand how one negative feedback can damage the sellers reputation and affects his business
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Hi,
The reason is simple.
PayPal is now easier.
PaisaPay is time killer.
If a seller cant pay to supplier in time,that means slow business.
But,I prefer eBay India.
I like the place thats all.
Buyers give FB but dont confirm receipt.
Ebay India turns a blind eye.
Open your eyes.
That is my only humble prayer to PaisaPay.
That will ultimately enhance your turnover.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

we-buy-you-sell
Community Member
"It is perfectly legal for any seller to sell a item to any market of his/her choice."

If Indian buyers/sellers are not mature enough how can you sell internationally - where quality & customer service is a 1000 times better then in India. It may be legal BUT surely the question is eBay India is mainly for India buyers & sellers SO it must be made compulsory for a seller to offer the goods to Indian buyer also.

I recently made an enquiry to a seller offering for sale an item for Rs.39. I asked him about postage within same city in India & he quotes me USD $6 = Rs.240. How unfair & stupid is this? Why would I pay him $6/Rs.240 to deliver the item to me within the same city. This is clearly "ripping people off" and against eBay rules "avoidance of listing fees" regulation where the item is cheap but the postage is "hiked up" to make a profit.

eBay India needs to sort this out.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

ufo_big
Community Member
I mentioned "Many Indian buyers are still not mature"

You either missed the point, or deliberately trying to misinterpret my post.

You wrote "If Indian buyers/sellers are not mature enough how can you sell internationally"

Firstly I have not mentioned SELLERS are not mature, I mentioned about many buyers and not all buyers.

Secondly I am not a seller, but I understand why many sellers prefer to sell to other markets than India.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

we-buy-you-sell
Community Member
They sell to foreigners because they know - no Indian buyer would pay such ridiculous prices or postage.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Its a sellers prerogative to choose where he / she wants to sell and how to take the payment. Similarly no body forces a buyer to buy something which he/she thinks unjustified. So for what is this thread about? If a seller is doing fraudulent activities by misrepresenting the item then that can be reported to ebay. But its the seller's choice to fix the price. If the price is too high and others are selling the same at cheaper price then buyers will not buy the high priced one. If someone finds the high price attractive then its up to that buyer to decide.

You have told about impression of foreigners. When you go to US or EU, you often pay more than $2 for a cup of tea which is worse than a Rs.2/- tea sold by some vendors in a local tea stall in India. But people do not think that the western seller is cheating. For an western commission person working in Indian project sites the Indian company pays 30K-60K per day + other expenses. The same Indian company do not pay the same for a months salary for similar Indian persons. So why compare the Indian and foreign prices.

If buyers are satisfied then what is the problem. If you think that the prices are too high in ebay international sites for Indian items, then just buy from ebay India and pay in Indian Rupees and not in USD. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 10 of 19
latest reply