cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

INDIAN BASED BUYERS DENIED BUYING - FOREIGNERS CAN BUY - UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

we-buy-you-sell
Community Member
India based sellers are denying sales to India based buyers YET offering the goods to foreign based buyers. Why?

Simply because they want to make more out of foreigners. Some are also not listing on eBay India but on other foreign eBay sites.

The above creates a BAD visiting or buying experience for India based buyers and is grossly unfair. Sellers should not be allowed to list items on other sites UNLESS the same item is available to India-based buyers.

What's eBay India going to do about this problem?
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

gamertv
Community Member
dear we-buy-you-sell ,
i think its high time that we Indians mature and come over all this time wasting stuff, Let us understand that this is a democratic country and anyone can do anything within legal limits, we also need to understand that we have other important issues to address rather that waste time on thing like this.
If a educated person like you can think like this . then there is no point blaming the uneducated section of our country for us being called the 3rd world,
i advice you to come over it,
The whole world is open to sell you
regards
gamer tv
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Hi,
We can do sell any eBay site as long as we dont violate eBay policy.
In eBay,the policy is final.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Dear all , If Indian sellers are opting for international listing they naturally are looking for prospective buyers who can pay the asked prices . Indian buyers can always look for the local sellers in their cities for best bargains .( It is understood that item offered on ebay cost almost 10 percent extra towards ebay fee and paisa pay charges and freight etc.).
However most case this can be considered worth when you get a plateform like ebay to order the goods from your bedroom by just a few clicks on your PC ,at any convenient time .

Many items are developed and marketed for foreign customers only , so it is of no use offering them in Indian market where there is negligible demand .

We should be proud of our exporters who can sell our technology or art at handsome prices worldwide and should encourage them.

Certainly there are some exceptions when a seller has failed to mention appropriate shipping costs for local buyers . We can see many sellers still asking for unreasonable shipping costs from local buyers despite new ebay policies . This has to be stopped as soon as possible otherwise now and then such questions will be raised by frustrating buyers who just find the price of article reasonable but the shipping cost is much more than it should be.

I think ebay can encourage the sellers towards this by sending regular messages reminding them to keep the shipping costs reasonable , The guidelines are already set recently and now we do not see listings like a CD being sold for Rs. 1/- with shipping costs more than Rs.300/-.

Regards
Narinder
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

krishnaindia
Community Member
My two cents ..

Is it not just a case of demand and supply .

As a seller, my aim is to make money without breaking rules (and perhaps also by not evading taxes ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). So selling Indian goods, that is in such a demand that an overseas buyer is ready to pay the 'premium' cost along with 'expensive' postage , then how can one not take advantage?

Said that, I agree with the opening post, why should a Indian seller knowingly 'stop' buyers from India even if you choose ebay US or UK or ES to sell your goods? If an Indian buyer is willing to pay the price and postage for the item so be it. Unless, the seller is worried that the goods will not be appreciated after the buyer gets it for that cost and therfore, risks a bad feedback. Arguably, that shows lack of confidence in the sellers part of his items.

-
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

we-buy-you-sell
Community Member
The point I am trying to put across is that - if ALL sellers on eBay India or MOST sellers on eBay India think in terms of "l'll make more money selling to foreigners so let me list my items on other eBay sites & not on eBay India AND let me also quote my highly inflated prices & postage charges" - what's the point of having an eBay India website?

Surely, a local eBay India site should be for LOCAL buyers & sellers to trade. As previously mentioned, someone quoted me a price of Rs 38 (USD $1) for an item which I know has a RRP price of Rs. 75 in the shops BUT quotes me delivery charge of USD $6 (Rs 240) within Mumbai. How idiotic is this?

This is basically breaching eBay India - avoidance of listing fees rules. He is offering the item to foreigners because he thinks & expects foreigners to pay this BUT is not selling it to local buyers at local reasonable rates.

So if SELLERS do this i.e sell only to foregners at high prices - there will be NO local sellers - only local BUYERS waiting for some bargains to turn. If buyers think they can get everything cheaper in the local stores WHO is going to visit or buy from eBay India.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

blogram
Community Member
if a seller lists on ebay india
there's no way he can deny selling to indian buyers .
Obviously if the buyer is denied , it means the item is listed on foreign site
He may have umpteen number of reasons to sell low over there ,
one reason might be ... he may have plans to establish a wholesale base or have an export business.
If the buyer wants to interrupt a perfectly thought out way of things of the seller ,
instead of forcing the seller to lower his prices , either buy at his stated price or find another seller
whats the use of being a CRY baby and trying to make an issue out of a NON issue alltogether.
If the seller is also a part of this discussion ,,
To avoid such confusion and heartburn ,
he should resort to block buyers from countries he does not ship to .
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

we-buy-you-sell
Community Member
Typical Indian "couldn't care less" attitude. REMEMBER, "Customer is KING" and whichever seller dares to ignore this is DOOMED to failure. A seller is a seller ONLY because there are buyers like us out there. It may be a non-issue for some not for many buyers.
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

eurobabesquad
Community Member
There is a provision in any eBay site "Block Bidder" to block any potential problematic buyer. Many sellers reading your "Cry Baby" posts here may be already blocking you and you may not be able to bid or buy once you are "blocked". In that case don't come back and cry again "why I am blocked?"

eBay should remove this thread.It is totally time wasting for any body who happen to read the posts in this thread
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

we-buy-you-sell
Community Member
Nobody invited you to read or comment here. Who are you to decide which posts should stay or be edited. Go away!!!!!
Message 19 of 19
latest reply