I was cheated by ebay

yempee
Community Member
I was cheated by ebay.
I bought a netbook worth INR 18600 on 18/09/09 on auction. I made the payment on 21/09/09. I was eligible for the Diwali gift worth around INR 2000. Somehow, during payment at paypal, the window didnt open, hence I missed the deserved gift. When I wrote to the customer care, (quoting their replies that the Diwali Gift scheme in fact ran from 16th September 2009 till 17th October 2009), they gave vague answers, the meaning of which obviously was that they(ebay) dont care to give away the Diwali gift to me.
What say?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I was cheated by ebay

yempee
Community Member
Sorry,
There was a mistake in the previous post. I had paid through Paisapay, not through paypal. My PaisaPay ID 25292320592.
Regards
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I was cheated by ebay

samuelsingh007
Community Member
i bought a portable hard disk of 320 GB from one of ebay supplier Mark Infotech, the disk delievered was of 250 Gb with 2 years warranty.Now within 6 months the disk is not reading and is making strange noises.The telephone numbers given by the supplier does not work.Iam struck with this defective disk with no option to contact the supplier.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I was cheated by ebay

yempee
Community Member
Guys,
Surprise, surprise!!
Someone called me from ebay (012266041200)and said that I am going to get the gift in 30 days!!
Cheers pals, wait for the call!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I was cheated by ebay

yempee
Community Member
Hmm, after 4 months, I still am waiting!!!
Do I need to?
Do they really care??????
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I was cheated by ebay

communexx
Community Member
Such instances occurs by lack of coordination or even dedication in broad sence.It is undesirable always on a site like ebay.Sellers must be good for their words.Such issues are always worry for start-up sellers like me.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I was cheated by ebay

haryana_sale
Community Member
the paisapay id - 25781586241.ebay item no-360219540232 on 27/12/09 order the spypen worth rs Rs.1,591.25.seller dispatch me used spy pen.when i contact him then he told me that he will replace the product and i send him back.but i don` get any replacement then.i intiated the my my money.but paisapay without contacting me refund the money to seller.after that i call paisa pay custmoer support now they are accept their mistake but this not solution i lost my hard money.now seller not picking up phone.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I was cheated by ebay

Ebay simply lies to customers about these Diwali gifts. They fraudulently offer gifts and then never send the gift. The support staff are simply instructed to wear out the customer. They simply said that a gift will be sent enter the code. There was no place to enter the code so i sent them a message immediately on purchase. There was no statement saying that the buyer will forfeit the gift if he does not enter the code during payment. There was no acceptance of the conditions of the sale. The product is not even worth the price without the gift. This is outright fraud. Those who have been hurt by this scam perpetrated by Ebay kindly contact me. I am a journalist and plan to expose these people with sufficient documented proof of their frudulent practices and even take them to court. Please send me details if u have been scammed by their promises of free gifts

Santosh
uncannybal@hotmail.com
Message 8 of 8
latest reply