cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I lost my PowerSeller status, Bcoz of its -v DSR Fields

Dear Fallow Sellers . i have lost powerseller status
boz of following

Shipping Time - if i balance this then i cant maintain low shipping and handling charges

Shipping and handling charges - if i maintain this then i cant maintain shipping time as per buyers expectations.

these -v dsr field kills.

r u also a victim of this!!!
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

buying_reeloaded
Community Member
Buyers do not take shipping time as:

Time Taken to ship the product by the seller.

They take it as time taken to receive the product and most of the delays are done by the couriers especially for delivery in remote areas. So why does the seller have to suffer...?

Just a point.....hope it gets noted by ebay?:|
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

devil_vijay
Community Member
please respond to this thread http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500007180
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Hi,

Here are a few tips to improve your DSRs..

- Always send a confirmation of the purchase when the buyer pays for the item. It should be a simple email thanking them for their purchase. Now the phones are very cheap so you can also call the buyer and thank them for their purchase.

- Ship the item with good couriers. Even the best couriers are offering special rates.

- Leave a positive feedback to the buyer as soon as you receive their payment.

- Assure them about the refund and religiously issue the refund if the buyer is even slightly unhappy with the item. Don't mention that 'Refunds are not accepted'.

There are just my recommendations. I may be incorrect.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Amitavaji, sellers are no lambs, that much i can say with certainty!!

The way i see it, Indians have always been miserly when it comes to praising someone. We are all victims of social conditioning wherein we are told not to praise someone unless there is an angle in it for you, OR don't praise otherwise you will have less leverage, OR some other such rubbish. As an example, i had praised a seller because he was a genuine good seller and he had praised me back me in his feedback, but the minute i challenged some other slanderous seller here in the forums to check my feedback score, he was quick to jump in and 'support the cause'. It left me with a feeling that he was almost regretting his feedback - that he would somehow fall out of favor with other sellers.

But there are some issues from eBay's side also. One is the issue with newbie buyers not understanding the feedback system, which is a failure on eBay's part to effectively and visibly place help links in strategic locations.

I guess the point i am trying to make is that 4.25 wouldn't be an unreasonable DSR cutoff for sellers in eBay-India. On the other hand, though, feedback scores have not mattered much because i have had my share of bad experiences with high DSR sellers and vice versa. At most, they are guidelines not gospel. -- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
-- Signature: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Dear All,

I also lost my power seller status.

My DSR :::--

*Requirements are based on detailed seller ratings received during the
last 12 months

[View 12-month trending data]

Detailed seller rating Requirement* Current performance
Item as described 4.50 4.54
Communication 4.50 4.68
Shipping time 4.50 4.43
Shipping and handling charges 4.50 4.68

Also one listing removed without reason. When I asked trust & safty team they are not giving any proper answer. If they are removing it then they have to provide reason am I right ?

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@real_phoenix,
Congrats for 700
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

nsjewelsindia
Community Member
same here this is really tough policy for us to survive again . why ebay is giving so much up and downs i cant understand.
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Dear All,

Please give your valuable suggestion in below thread.

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500007235

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Things get tougher when the seller acquires more feedback and seniority on eBay. The reason isn't eBay's policies but the buyers tend to believe that a Top Rated Seller or a PS or a seller with very high feedback and 100% feedback rating will be the perfect seller and if they purchase the item from them, then it will miraculously arrive at a lighting fast speed to them. The buyers also tend to believe that the TRS or PS on eBay have some special agreement with the courier companies providing them the lowest shipping rates on earth. Due to this high pereption, they tend to leave low DSRs when their item arrives in normal time.

In many cases the buyers don't read the full item description and seller's terms and conditions. They purchase looking to the seller's reputation and item price only. Due to this negligence of the buyers, the sellers with high FB and PS and TRS status suffer a lot.
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Hi,
The problem lies in high expectation.
Ebay India rates itself as lesser than US and UK, but greater than Germany.
The truth is: it should be somewhere below 4.4 !!!
May be 4.25 is reasonable.
Also since eTRS is yet to be introduced in India, why not follow the old standards?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 20 of 22
latest reply