cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have a problem !! Can anyone help ?? :-(

Hi

I have a problem and I wonder if any of my co-sellers do face it as well.

Suppose a buyer (international) wins an auction at 3 in the night for an amount of INR 5000 and shipping cost INR 1000 and tries to make the payment, he has 2 options in his hands:
1. To request for the invoice from the seller.
2. To make the payment where he can enter his shipping cost or rather say can modify the shipping cost (lets say he pays the wrong amount of INR 200 which is meant for shipping within India)

Now, as long as its Case 1, its fine, however in Case 2 , the buyer sends the (incomplete) payment through PaisaPay. And then after it gets approved by the PP team, the item is marked as "Paid" . Now, I no more can change the status of the item !

In such a situation, I need to send an invoice to the buyer for the due shipping cost explaining him the entire thing.

Kindly guide me on the following fronts :
1 . What to do until the buyer the makes the payment ? The PP team keeps on sending the reminder emails for entering the shipping details which is obviously very frustrating.
2. What to do in case the buyer doesn't have a PayPal id ?
3. What to do in case the buyer completely refuses to make the payment ?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you

Regards
Meenu Jain

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

techniwas
Community Member
Create multiple listings..

1 . for local India
2. for international ...and pay double listing fees... cheers

(a better way would be to list it with International shipping only and ask the local buyers to buy form your store/shop- which will have the India listing. you will save significant listing fees..)

TechiE
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Meenu , I hope this will help you .

Try this setting in your my ebay page

My account >>>
Selling Preferences>>>
Payment from buyers>>>>
Allow buyers to edit payment totals select >>>>> select No

this will not allow buyer to modify or edit the automatic invoice received by him.
since the buyer recieves the invoice with shipping charges aplicable for his country
he will be automatically charged as applicable / as asked by you for that country.

Narinder
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Narinder, what if the shipping cost for any particular country is not mentioned in the listing ? The by default shipping cost then used in the invoice is for shipping within India, which creates the problem !

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
You can block buyers from the countries you have not selected for international shiping .

While listing an item you have to select :
Buyer requirements >>>
Block buyers who: Are registered in countries to which I don't ship

also while listing do not select any country in option >>Additional ship to locations - buyers contact for costs
this will not allow buyers from unwanted countries .
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

The new PaisaPay system have not envisaged many such practical problems. The approach of the New PaisaPay seems to be logically novice and immature.
I think the only option left to you is to request for time extension thru the PaisaPay link. However, if the buyer does not accept that / or remain inactive then you may end up with cancellation of the order. PaisaPay do not understand that some non-English speaking buyers do not want to even read any further communication. Its too difficult and time consuming for them to communicate. After all , out side India, most people equate time with money. They do not have time to waste for New PaisaPay.

To operate in ebay India we must have new mottos -
Work More and Earn Less.
Work Over-time and Earn Part-time.
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi Meenu,

I have faced the same problems many times with International buyers and I send them a PayPal invoice for the remaining amount to be paid. The buyer pays the amount happily.

For the buyers who do not have a PayPal account, I have created my own database in my website and enter all the details there and give the buyer a link to pay thru PayPal by their Credit Card. They pay it with ease.

Hope this information will help you.

Regards,
Mohib-uz-Zaman

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi Meenu once again,

Send the buyer a PayPal invoice for the remaining amount and request to pay.

If the buyer rejects the request then inform the buyer that you are cancelling the order and refunding the full PaisaPay transaction (do not enter the shipping details, the transaction will be refunded automatically in 10 days). If the buyer is still interested in the order then request him to pay the full amount thru PayPal.

By cancelling the orders due to these problems result in Low Sales. eBay Team is not realising this.

Really this New PaisaPay is too much frustrating for sellers. PaisaPay Team do not think of the pain that we are facing due to so much bugs and restrictions in the new system.

Regards,

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

First of all, thank you everyone for your suggestions ! ๐Ÿ™‚

cosycom, I would like to ship my products throughout the world.

emailswarup, you have very well said. This was a problem I was facing since the very beginning but the launch of New PP has worsen it.

Zaman, cancelling the order is not the perfect solution in my eyes. This also vanishes the possibility of attracting the buyer again !
Usually buyers pay promptly when I send them the invoice for the due amount through PayPal but as mentioned by Mr. Swarup , some non-English speaking buyers do not want to get involved into such communications with the sellers. They are just interested in buying the item, paying for it and then receiving the item hassle free without any interest in declaring ebay that they have received the item .
In the words of one of a recent buyer, " Buying through the Indian ebay website is a lot more complicated & time consuming thing and when I went through your community boards, I realized I was true. Both the buyers and sellers are suffering"

Does anyone from ebay realize the importance of this line ??? Buyers from overseas are now scared to buy from us. Why are you people silent on these issues ? Is this what you call professionalism ?

Look forward to hearing from someone from the ebay pinks !
Hope Sapana is back by now !!

Regards
Meenu Jain

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Can anyone from ebay reply to this thread ?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply