cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A Power Seller going to lose money without any fault due to New Paisapay ru

Ref: eBay item # 230208450068

A buyer asked me a question on 6.1.08 whether I ship to FRENCH GUIANA or not and without waiting for my reply placed order for the item same day.

Since my courier or EMS SpeedPost do not have service to FRENCH GUIANA, I replied buyer that item can be shipped by 'Registered Parcel via Airmail', which will take about 25 days and no tracking facility will be available. I asked the buyer, if it is agreed then I can ship the item else refund can be sent. Buyer has agreed and item was shipped.Shipping details was entered on 16-Jan-08.

Now buyer initiated refund on 7.2.08 (after 21 days) and the item yet to be reached. I am going to lose huge money even after proper shipment.The copy of the postal receipt and photograph of the parcel was sent to PaisaPay as a proof of shipment on 9.2.08.

Kindly advise what should I do? eBay deadline of 21 days can not be met to reach a remote country like FRENCH GUIANA. Buyer was ready to wait but eBay prompted buyer to initiate refund if item is not received by eBay after 21 days.

Should I stop selling to those countries where Registered Parcel via Airmail is the only viable mode of shipment, since it is likely to take more than eBay deadline of 21 days.

Awaiting your advise on how to avoid losing money in this case
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

king.of.sales
Community Member
Yes, this is a big issue against all the serious sellers on ebay.in, not only for overseas but also in India. It is very difficult to difficult to deliver the parcels overseas in ebay deadline of 21 days by India Post. Other foreign options (couriers) are too costly and in most of the cases are not viable, if their service available too.

Secondly, ebay sends continuous reminders to confirm the receipt or claim the refund within 21 days. Now the buyers think that if they would not claim, their money may be lost. Now they started to think negative after receiving second or third reminder and after all they/some of them file for refund. Now the seller is helpless. Ebay sends one email to stop the consignment, which was not at all possible in case of overseas and also very very diffucult in most of the domestic shipments also.

Recently one of my buyers also inspite of receiving the parcel claimed that he has not received the item. It is just that he want to return the product and afterall he send back the item. The item was absolute perfect and no one ever complaint for that item, inspite of repeated regular orders on ebay. Ebay has issued full refund without deducting even shipping charged which was incurred. In this case, I was lucky, because I did not lose the entire amount of Rs 2000+. I only lost shipping charges and also selling fees, which ebay has charged without completion of transaction. This is another big side effect - LOSS - to the sellers.

At the moment, there does not seems much hope except to take more precautions and protest against the rules and/or to stop selling. If ebay does not make amendments to new PaisaPay rules, it will certainly be tough in coming days.

Moreover, after sometime, the seller can not leave Negative or Neutral Feedback to the buyers - even the buyers does not bother to pay and leave seller negative also. ??? !!! I think that none of the sellers on ebay.in site will agree or support this. Please do consider this point also before this rule become applicable.

I am also awaiting the responses from all the serious sellers on these two topics.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi,
The situation is terrible.
Sellers are feeling insecure.
Some sellers have quitely stopped listing in eBay India just to avoid PaisaPay.
Mind you,these sellers are dedicated people.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hi all,

New PaisaPay is a hot issue. eBay is planning for ammendments for it, but when will it be implemented God only knows. There are uncountable issues regarding the new system and eBay says they are working on it to improve.

Its good idea to give buyer protection but eBay should also see the other side too, the sellers who are the main source of income to them.

Hoping that the issues get minimised soon and we sellers could sell as before without tensions and headaches.

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hello skygiftworldwide,
Humiliated and terrorized bunch of insecure sellers of eBay India are a hot topic indeed.
PaisaPay is very pleased to accept my money and very unhappy to give it to me.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
HI,

PaisaPay says that they are working on this. But they never says what is the target date. When we, the untrustworthy sellers have deadline on everything then ebay team must also spell out there schedule openly.

Most of the new PaisaPay rules lack even basic logics. A buyer can pay for speed post (Expedited), Regd. Airmail (Standard) and Other mode (that can even mean sea mail). Then how come there be a single delivery time. The person or team who introduced such rules must be ashamed for their logic sense.

I often receive deliveries from outside India. These deliveries often take more than a month to reach me. Those sellers do not have worries as they use PayPal. I am also never disturbed by such delays, after all I am paying less.

Mr. Rajan Mehra has told in the chat that ebay is aware of those problems and trying to solve those. But they must do it fast, very fast. If ebay is unable to find a right solution too fast then they must revert back to the old PaisaPay system. How long can the sellers be left to the merci of God & PaisaPay.

Luckily, like many others, I anticipated such problems earlier and have already stopped all listings in ebay.in After all I do not have money to loose to support such immature logic of ebay. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi all,
I shall also stop listing at this site if this rough treatment continues.I am realising that they will drain me out and humiliate me in front of buyers.
Thanx very much,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Hello All,

Not only that. I was away on Saturday. And i could not reach home to enter shipping details for 2 customers. PaisaPay automatically initiated refund. Even after i shown shipping proof, no one responding from PaisaPay now. I sent an email to my account manager, and waiting for a reply. I dont know what is going to happen. If you make a small mistake by innocent, you loose money. It is not a good way to treat sellers.

Sadly.
-CoolBrasCo.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply