Gift Certificates

Hello,

I have been a quite an old seller on eBay, not regularly. Yes do sell once in a while types.

I have been of many opinions which regularly, I have informed the eBay team when they used to call up. However sometime back, a friend of mine who also sells on eBay advised me that eBay community is the best way to leave and get your feedbacks noticed, so thought, lets try it out.

Since there is an option in which we can offer Sale offers to our customers. This gives an added advantage as many Sale Promotions have floated in.

I have a small suggestion is, whether it would be possible for eBay to Launch in Gift Certificate options as well. Where in Seller can offer Gift certs to their buyers ( eg. Repeating buyers to get special discounts. - Certs also could be used to promote for Gifting to other buyers, wherein buyers promote eBay shops.

This is a small suggestion.

I really dont know on the practical diffculties of the same.

Hope it could be a added feature for all sellers.

Regards
Edward Katchira ๐Ÿ™‚
OnlineBookstall --- (ExpressMart Store)
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Gift Certificates

techniwas
Community Member
Hi Edward,

This feature is already being implemented. In fact some sellers have also received Gift Certificated from eBay. Even buyers recently had these promotional Gift Certificates to claim a discount when the payment is being made by PaisaPay.

Lets hope this becomes widely implemented as suggested by you.

TechiE
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Gift Certificates

Hello,

I aint saying that Gift certs to be given by eBay to sellers or Buyers for using PaisaPay.

I am of the saying that, a Seller has the tool to issue a Gift Certificate to any Buyer of his choice.

Regards
Edward Katchira ๐Ÿ™‚
OnlineBookstall --- (ExpressMart Store)
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Gift Certificates

techniwas
Community Member
Yup, what i believe is once the Gift Certificate system is completely rolled out (i believe its under testing), any user can issue a gift certificate to anyone.

TechiE
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Gift Certificates

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello onlinebookstall,

Thank you for the excellent initiative. We are glad to have members like you who suggest such great ideas & more importantly use the community boards to express it.

We certainly want more sellers to participate actively in this thread and let us know their views, what they think about this idea and whether this can be a big thing for them

We request sellers to participate in this discussion.

Regards

eBay
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Gift Certificates

This indeed is a great idea and would be a good move by ebay !

Specifically for the old buyers !

Regards
Meenu

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Gift Certificates

creative_pursuits
Community Member
Hi

I Feel its a wonderful idea and it wud surely enhance Seller experience as well as Buyer experience!!!!

Regards
Mala
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Gift Certificates

Hey Nice to see that my Idea has been appreciated and has got response even from eBay official.

Thanking eBay for your Greetings and Appreciation. However my point is has eBay noted the point and as like everyone who would want such services, would they be given the same.

Putting forth a feedback or suggestion only helps if they are discussed and used for the benefit of the community.

Regards
Edward
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Gift Certificates

techniwas
Community Member
At times buyers are not happy with either the service/delay or product, but they don't want to return it. I offer such buyers a discount on their next purchase. Although a rare case, In such cases i can send them these gift certificates.

I am surprised that this was not on the cards as i thought the gift certificates that are given to the sellers are a testing for the complete roll out of the service.

TechiE
Message 9 of 9
latest reply