cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ebay Customer Care Executive Misguiding Buyers

I have seen whenever any of my buyer calls ebay customer care toll free number about any problem they directly say to open a ebay guarantee claim, why is this happening ? When all issue can be resolved without opening any claim also, claim should be opened when seller is not willing to resolve the issue.

I don't know i am right or wrong, but i really think the customer care executive should tell buyers to communicate with seller and resolve the problem instead of telling to open a claim.

Please share your views friends, and pink's also please reply if you get time.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

arihant_enterprises
Community Member
you are absolutely right ebay customer care told the buyers to do following step leave your feedback and then open an ebay gurantee claim or you can also request refund by initiating item not received

this is really very bad nowadays ebay care is doing
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

car-decorater
Community Member
quite Right..brother,Vnet,car Decorater-9810556687
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Dear Members,

Please be assured that at eBay customer care we would want to assist buyers in every possible way however also protect the sellers interest. Resolving issues amicably is encouraged at eBay as itโ€™s an open Marketplace.

As a process whenever buyers call customer care to complain about an Item not received or Item significantly not as described, the Customer Support Agent follows the below mentioned steps

1.Checks with the buyer whether he has 1st contacted the seller since most issues are generally resolved using this methodology
2.If the buyer has already contacted the seller or the seller is not contactable and the issue is still not resolved the Customer Support Agent would assist the member to raise an eBay Guarantee* claim

If you have come across a specific issue where the above mentioned process is not followed, we would request you to highlight the same to us which would act as a check on the process and enable us to take corrective action.

Regards,
Seema Khanna
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Dear Seema ji

One of my buyer received a sunglasses little bend maybe due to the courier improper handling, he contacted me through phone and told me the issue & we immediately told to send it back for replacement, but after few hours i saw he has opened a guarantee claim, and then again I called him in his mobile & asked him when we are agree to replace then why he opened claim ?

He told that he has called ebay customer care and they told him to open a guarantee claim, and he said he is new in ebay so did as the customer care executive told him. He also told the executive that seller has agree to replace, then still why the executive told to open a claim ?

So where is our fault in not resolving the issue ?

You can also confirm the same with the buyer.

Buyer id: alex555paul
Item id: 260751623896
Claim id: 46690

Not only this time. It has happened to me more two times.

Maybe its happening with other sellers also.

Hope you will forward the complaint to the customer care team & investigate the same.

Thanking You

Regards
Praveen Chirania
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@Seema Khanna...

First let me thank you for taking time to reply on the forum, that's become very rare nowadays.

I quote here what you have said [quote]"Please be assured that at eBay customer care we would want to assist buyers in every possible way however also protect the sellers interest. Resolving issues amicably is encouraged at eBay as itโ€™s an open Marketplace."[unquote]. In this regard I would like to ask you that if you really stand by what you say then we sellers have requested ebay 100's of time to have a contactable phone number of the claim adjusters who call us then why is that not being done. All the mails received from claim adjusters does not have a "REPLY" button, can I ask you that is this being done in sellers interest too ????. I sincerely request you to immediately have a contactable phone number and also see that all claim mails have the claim adjusters name and a reply button.

Again I quote you here [quote]"1.Checks with the buyer whether he has 1st contacted the seller since most issues are generally resolved using this methodology"[unquote]. How or on what basis does the CC agent ensure that the buyer has indeed contacted the seller before calling CC, in 90% of the cases buyers are impatient to get their issues resolved and they DO NOT CONTACT THE SELLER AT ALL BY ANY MEANS WHATSOEVER. They believe that CC will solve all their issuers on the call. Once again I request you to have a mechanism in place where it is made 100% MANDATORY FOR THE BUYER TO SEND AN EMAIL VIA EBAY TO THE SELLER to get his problem solved.
StopandShop
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

arihant_enterprises
Community Member
hello seema ji

nice to see you here

recently one of my buyer purchased item it was not as described according to buyer

i am ready to refund the amount and my shocking experience ebay executive has followed

1. he ask buyer to raise a dispute in ebay gurantee

2. he asked buyer to initiate a refund request

3. and then he instantly approve it

please let me know why he told buyer to raise a refund request while for refund you are penalising us

if i am wrong please rectify me if you won't then i think i am not wrong and ebay is wrong

kindly revert

thanks
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Dear Seema ji

We are waiting for your valueable reply.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
As a co-seller, we regret the bitter you are facing/ed.

List out all the claims and send a mail to eBay CC asking them to investigate and take action on the respective employee, if found prejudice/conspiracy.

Rel: http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500008257

Regards
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

pm.romesh
Community Member
INDIA CUSTOMER CARE EXECUTIVE "ASHOK S" IS HORRIBLE HE DISCONNECTED THE CHAT WITHOUT SOLVING THE ISSUE, I DEMANDED TO CHAT WITH HIS SENIOR BUT HE IS HORRIBLE PERSON. A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE BY DOING SHOPPING WITH EBAY, ITS BETTER TO GO WITH ANY OTHER SITE BUT NOT WITH EBAY (AT LEAST FRO INDIA). i AM WRITING IN CAPS AS i AM VERY ANGRY BY THE PERFORMANCE AND RESPONSE I AM GETTING IN THESE 15 DAYS.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply