cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do Business on Ebay - Threaten the Smaller Sellers!!! Read on!

krazy-deals-4-u
Community Member
well this seems to have become the order of the day. some of the heavy weights here (power sellers)want to eliminate all compettion on e-bay. they do not want new sellers to list any products, and in case they list products, they try to steam roller their way by threatening them of dire circumstances if they didnt remove these listings:

Case 1: one of my friends with ratings of about 6, statrted selling some merchandise. branded perfumes etc. he put up pictures given by the manufacturers in their Catalogues. however one seller who is a power seller mailed him stating that he had exclusive right over the pictures and asked him to remove the pictures and end all listings because the perfumes that my friend sold were at a lower price than this power seller..

Case 2: i had listed a pair of woodland shoes. i had purchased these shoes 15 days ago without a trial and found that they were one size small. so i offered these shoes at 50% discount here. one power seller thought his position would be shaky if i continued listing items at 1/2 price so he shot a letter off to me saying he had the exclusive right to the picture, for which i gave him a befitting reply that the picture was of a product that he doesnt have any excluisvity to deal in and that the picture was from the woodland shoes site and that he could proceed and send me a legal notice!

Case 3: i sell watches of chinese brands oulm, IE, YEKE, Sinobi Etc. we in the offline market are distributors for these watches in our region. these manufacturers have their yearly catalogues and from there i had the pictures of the watches : here is what one seller writes" I can also prove that I am the legal owner of the images as each and every digital camera leaves behind its own 'signature' as they call it. And I own the camera from which the images have been clicked. As this is the first time I have noticed you copying my images, you can close this issue by just pulling down your current listings and never list items with my images again. I hope you will grab this chance to save yourself the hassle of court cases. " whereas i notice today that these very same pictures are on the websites of these watch manufacturers....is this seller going to take action against these watch manufacturers for "copying" his pictures ???

i understand if a person has exclusive right to sell a product, and a sale of such product by anyone else becomes a violation of his exclusivity..?? say the Sole seller of Gemini range of DJ mixers.... but for these chinese watches which are available at Rs. 500/- per kilo in Mumbai..or woodland shoes which u can buy from so many sellers across the country...??...can a seller try to steamroller his way upon the others..???
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

krazy-deals-4-u
Community Member
in fact of of the sellers who threatened me, is having a link to his e-com site, on his listings, and the e-com site is so very developed that all checkouts / sales can be done from that site...actually using ebay just to direct buyers to his site...hence cheating ebay of the transaction fees payable....which in my opinion is a violation of ebay policies ( im not sure abt whether this is allowed) EG: in the product description i give a link to my website, and my website has a payment gateway...to collect payments from buyers - ebay policy states thus "Offering the opportunity through eBay to purchase the item or other merchandise outside-of-eBay. The eBay item page may not refer to or promote the seller's individual Web site (including home page URLs which directly or indirectly promote an outside-of-eBay website), sales outside of eBay, or other businesses. However, sellers may include links to their eBay Store and eBay Store items, provided that those links are not URL redirects"

the other seller is selling the same products on several e-com sites - rediff, indiagift centre, etc.. i am not sure abt these policies but i remember reading somewhere that items that are listed here may not be listed on someother site...
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
So krazy-deals-4-u, You have me also has I am power seller.:^O

All pictures of the product is available in their respective official websites.

I normally check the official website of the product for some description and photos. If not found, then I take the picture from Digital Camera.

I watermark the pictures with my shop logo which were taken from the camera as its my work.

I think some sellers are jealous. They actually don't know how to sell their product though they have power seller recognition.

Some of my product prices are higher than others. But I have good sales of those product.

So if a seller ask you to remove your listing by threatening, then report the seller to eBay, they will take care of him.

http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

If you copy other's listing or pictures, give them the credit.

Ex: Listing created by _______. This will certainly happy the other seller.

This way you can also make them happy too... ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

krazy-deals-4-u
Community Member
Navneeth!!! Not u.....Remember i said "Some" and i believe we are cross promoting our items...if i remember well ur listings appear along with my listings...and mine with urs!
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Yes, we are cross promoting our items. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi,
Who is threatening whom?
Truly,
Amitava
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Amitava,

Some sellers are threatening krazy-deals-4-u. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Hi,
You should send the emails from the power sellers to ebay safety team. I hope you have already done that.
Thanks,

Rishabh
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi Krazy deals,
Why not tell them to do whatever they like? Or r u afraid of them? Dont worry man. We all love you. They will not be able to harm you. God bless you,
Thanx,,
Truly,,
Amitava
PS:What is power seller?
Message 9 of 9
latest reply