Delay in PayPal Funds Transfer

cosycom
Community Member
Hi friends , Normally all funds withdrawn from Paypal to our bank account are credited within 3 to 5 days .
I have withdrawn some funds on 19th feb 09 . Paypal shows funds already transfered but they are not received in my ICICI account till date . Anybody else also facing same problem ???????

Paypal seem to have an office in India but their address and contact information is not available anywhere .:(

Regards

Narinder
Message 1 of 677
latest reply
676 REPLIES 676

@real.phoenix
Yes, regarding cheque withdrawal, I used this procedure to withdraw funds in 2007 when I first started using PayPal. It normally would take upto 10 days to arrive in Srinagar, Kashmir. And another 5-7 days to clear as it was payable Delhi. Cheque is always in INR, never USD as one of the Sellers indicated.
Also, a couple of cheques were NEVER delivered to me and after I emailed PayPal support about the same, they issued a cancellation request and the funds were safely back in my account but after an overall time of around 2.5 months from the date of withdrawal.
Message 311 of 677
latest reply

Hi BestofKashmir,

I have requested cheque for a partial amount last week. I hope it will work. Is there any other resolution to this? I still have amount in my PayPal account. Any other way?

Regards,
Rashida
Message 312 of 677
latest reply

Dear friends,
Will it ever be resolved?
Why I am asking this is that I have to decide on survival strategies.
May be less PayPal and more PaisaPay,well I dont know really.But then I have to forget eTRS and all.More domestic buyer means more UPI.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 313 of 677
latest reply

PS:I have absolute faith in PayPal.No panic.Just to bear it.You can use PayPal as your bank to accumulate money.
Message 314 of 677
latest reply

@real.phoenix
I am a bit concerned actually. I may add Moneybookers on .com listings but we all know how POPULAR PayPal is internationally; it has earned its reputation as a safe payment option.
Withdrawal to Credit Card is another option worth considering even though its costly on cash-withdrawal later; but these are TOUGH times, so the choices are more limited.
Message 315 of 677
latest reply

Hi bestofkashmir,

Thanks for your reply. I have 3 credit cards from different banks all having visa logo. All these banks are refusing for the transfer of money from PayPal to Credit Card. They say, it isn't possible in India.

Even if you add moneybooker or any other thing, you won't be able to mention on the listing page that you won't prefer PayPal even if it is a genuine issue. The moment a seller says "no PayPal", the listing is removed. You can't even mention that you prefer xyz method.

In the meantime I have started listing on ebay.in and pay high listing fees of international exposure. So far, the response is very poor.

I am surprised, there is no media coverage in this issue. Thousands of PayPal users are helpless and nothing is covered in newspaper or tv. Very pathetic!! I feel all the sellers on eBay should form some sort of community and report this to media or RBI. If PayPal is incapable to handle this, I think we should take the initiative.

Kind Regards,
real.phoenix
Message 316 of 677
latest reply

Amitavaji,

With my little experience I have found, domestic buyers means UPI as well as tension related to feedback. Indian buyers are very demanding and have very less faith on sellers. They easily leave -ve feedback before communicating with the sellers. This is the reason why I stopped selling in India totally. The buyers in UK and USA are more matured.
Message 317 of 677
latest reply

silvergemstonejewelry
Community Member
I totally agree with you. first indian buyer give u -tive feedback and they u follow them to remove the rating....
Message 318 of 677
latest reply

kishor.nayak
Community Member
Where is paypal office in India? Do they have a office here?
It is very difficult to deal with Indian Government Officials. They need to follow up in person daily and see that the file moves from desk to desk.
I suggest that top sellers of ebay come together and see how this problem is solved at the earliest.
Media attention will really help as top people will notice that this is a real big problem, thousands of people are in trouble. Why no media attention? I am really surprised!!
Message 319 of 677
latest reply

possibleblue
Community Member
Hi Friends
The PayPal office is in Chennai,the exact address is -

PayPal India Pvt Ltd
No 334 Futura IT Park Block A
Old MahabaliPuram Road
Sholiganallur
Chennai-600119
PHONE-+(91)-(44)-66348001, 66348000

Some one from seller side should send this issue to media [Television]because this seems to be taking more time then we all expected,now we are all started suffering very badly
Message 320 of 677
latest reply