DUPLICATE BOOKS SOLD ON EBAY

gmraohelpingothers
Community Member
Dear Sir,
The seller albys_escape is selling duplicate books voilating copy rights. He sold item nos. 8405637533 and 8405639050 to me. I hope you will take appropriate action against this fellow. Otherwise I need to go ahead and complain the same at richdad.com site as ebay is encouraging this type of fradulant sellers. Please do the needful at the earliest by refunding my money.

Thanks & Regards

G.M.Rao
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

indconcepts
Community Member

New Page 1

Dear G.M.Rao,

You are hitting your head against a wall.

Nothing is going to happen..... as far as violations of copyrights are
concerned.

Yes... you may file a SNAD dispute against the Seller to get back your
money.....

http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

Other members are stealing my own clicked pictures but ebay can't do anything.

They are just helping the thieves by asking me to go through a tedious process
to prove that I own the pictures.

Even the watermarks on my pictures can't prove that I am the original owner of
the pictures.

Their rules are only in the books and are not at all practical.

I feel ebay is the best place for people who
want to trade in pirated Items.

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear G.M.Rao,

You can file SNAD dispute and get the refund as said by Umang.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

Umang,

I think you are preety upset on picture theives.
I too had a bad experience on this issue few months ago.

eBay will not do anything even though my shop logo was visible on the pictures.

I reported 5 times and the seller lists again. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

srjsms
Community Member
Hi navneeth and Umang...and mr. rao

Speaking of piracy, let me tell u sumthing that happend to me here on ebay.:

i reported a certain seller who was selling PS2 games / Computer games at rs. 99/- Original PS2 games start at rs. 350/-

at the same time i was selling Licences for F-secure Mobile Anti Virus. once the buyer made a payment a licence key would be sent to him and he had to enter the licence key on the F-secure Site and Download the software.

when i reported the seller selling pirated games, ebay people removed my f-secure listings. even when i told them that i was selling genuine stuff and that it costs $ 28.50 or Rs 2500/- Rupees, they said that promoting Downloads from the F-secure site , i was indulging in piracy!!!!

then it was the time to sell laptops with Bundled windows XP. HP laptops come with this OS. so when i listed them they again said i was violating the piracy policy, since i was selling windows along with the laptop!!

seriously speaking i dont understand the ebay rules..which seem to be more complicated than the Constitution of India and the Indian Penal Code!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

techchase
Community Member
YOu will have to report this yourself to ebay.

A posting here will only prompt users like us to give our views but as you have encountered such a situation on ebay do go ahead and the needfull (as directed by other community memebers) to help make a fun & safe trading platform.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi srjsms,

I agree that eBay act more stringently in some simple matters and tend to overlook the actual fraud cases in multiple instances. For people like me this is clearly a case of wrong prioritisation by the concerned department (T&S ??) of eBay. Everybody will appreciate if they concentrate more on the actual problems of frauds rather than looking for such flimsy cases. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi Umang,

So sorry to see about your experience.

We always have so many complains related to the legal system of eBay but I doubt if they will ever change. Everything is the onus of the members, then what are they for, only protecting eBay from the legal battles in the courts.

One must notice that we praise eBay on this board many a times for many of their actions and initiations. I must also mention that I have found Sapana and some others to be really having an attitude to help & co-operate with others. May God help those in the Legal dept. of eBay to be as active and co-operative like her. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 7 of 7
latest reply