cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Claim adjuster closed case in favor of seller without any explanation

selhemin
Community Member
I bought a Panasonic 42'plasma TV from ebay India. The product got delivered to the address on 17-11-11. Obviously the panel in the TV was broken and when approached the seller he said ha can't refund.I opened a dispute under item not as described on resolution center and after waiting for 10 days for seller's response, I escalated the claim for a refund under buyer protection policy on which I was advised that I will receive an email from ebay with further instruction within a week about what to do next.

Ebay claims department never sent me an email with further instruction and after 24 days of waiting for emails and tons of phone calls to customer care explaining the situation everytime, finally received an email from claim adjuster saying I need to send the pics within 3 days. I sent the pics the same day when I received the email from him and he closed the case the next day in favor of the seller without any explanation in writing.

I feel so much violated and exploited by this act as no one holds any accountability or responsibility for this. On phone he said he has the absolute power to do this and he has made a decision and that is final.

Please help me to make a complaint on this particular claim adjuster who has been very arrogant and rude and also escalate this situation to a higher official to review this matter.

I am absolutely devastated by this experience as the amount involved is 37,000 INR. I Live in Australia and never faced with situations like this here.

It makes me feel like the claims department in ebay India works in favor of sellers. I would really appreciate, if anyone can help me to resolve this situation.

Looking forward for your advice,
Regards,
Theo
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

ataur.rahman1
Community Member
Hello,

I just faced same situation, Claim adjuster also refused my genuine problem, can you please share his name.
Right from beginning he was desperate to close this case in favor of seller and even after proper reasoning he disconnected phone and closed this case in favor of seller.
He was completely biased toward seller.
This is a mockery of ebay buyer protection plan.
I am feeling cheated after this incidence. I was ready to produce evidence in support of my claim but that guy ignored all my claims.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

ataur.rahman1
Community Member
That guy was rude and not supportive, he was treated me like a I am a cheater.
I never faced such issued earlier.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

ataur.rahman1
Community Member
I am an Ebay loyalist, I recommended many friends to use ebay, even few of them have started using ebay, but few make fun of us for using it.
They always say that these type of online sites do fraud and all that, its not safe to do business online.
Now I am not able to tell anyone how I was cheated, I am feeling ashamed after this incidence:-(
I can not discuss this case with my friends as they got a genuine reason for making fun.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

selhemin
Community Member
The claim adjuster name is
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

selhemin
Community Member
DEV PRASAD
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

selhemin
Community Member
I hope someone from Ebay is reading this and hopefully provide a resolution. Obviously Ebay India is not sticking with ebay International policy and standards. Looks like corruption has had its roots into ebay as well.

I will report to international Ebay head office about this and file a case against ebay India and this particular person Dev prasad in Indian consumer court if I don't get reply from ebay customer service within a week.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Dear selhemin & ataur.rahman1,

Thanks for writing to us. We understand your concerns over the claims, please allow us some time to investigate. We shall get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,
Seema
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

selhemin
Community Member
Dear Seema,
I appreciate your looking into this harrowing situation.
Thank you for your time and assistance,

Regards,
Theo (Selhemin)
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

ataur.rahman1
Community Member
Thanks for your mail, I am feeling relaxed now.
I was about to buy another used product from ebay but after this incidence I changed my mind, I thought what if I found another faulty Item and ebay refused my claim?
Please make ebay buyer protection Plan fair and effective.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply