cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheated by EBAY and PAISAPAY out of EMI Option

sunilmonteiro
Community Member
I had purchased an Item from ebay, Sony 610e handycam.on 11th Feb 2009, paisapay id 23830360017.
The seller had given the option of paying in 6EMI's and I had opted for that scheme.

All my transactions were OK and I was informed also that I am being given the option of 6 EMI's. But in my ICICI online Bank statement, I was being shown that I have been debited RS 12,989 ie the Entire Amount.

I immed spoke to EBAY and ICICI and they both assured me that not to worry and that when the Credit Card Statement comes, it will be rectified. When my Credit card Statement was generated, I was asked to pay the entire amount of Rs 12,989/-

After that I havebeen frantically running behind ICICI who informs me to contact EBAY and when I call EBAY they direct me to ICICI Bank.

I have written numerous times to EBAY and everytime a new person replies to my mail and I have to explain the same thing to him/her. They asked for a scanned copy of my Credit card and when i send it to them , they tell me to send a hard copy.

Its like I am being played like a tennis ball from EBAY to ICICI and ICICI to EBAY.

My problem is not resolved and I have to pay the Entire amount of Rs 12,989/- else I have to pay the Credit Card Fine per month. I am helpless other then to succumb and pay the entire amount which will cause a hole in my pocket.

This is OUTRIGHT CHEATING BY EBAY and I am looking to see how I can sue EBAY for it.

This is a very bad experience and I have decided not to DEAL WITH EBAY again.Atleast the shopowner outright informs you what can be done and what will not be done,here I am dealing with FACELESS people who are turncoats.

If you are dealing with Goods of BIG AMOUNTS, i would suggest DO NOT DEAL WITH EBAY or PAISAPAY. Deal directly with the SELLER. Atleast you wont get cheated.

I personlly feel that EBAY AND PAISAPAY are cheaters and crooks.

Regards,
Sunil Monteiro
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Cheated by EBAY and PAISAPAY out of EMI Option

hemendrasingh2010
Community Member
Hi,

HDFC Credit Card 6 months didn't work for me for Paisa Pay ID 31439431180.

The whole amount got deducted from my credit card.

Sorry to say this, but this is cheating on your customers.
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

dibyo
Community Member
Hello For the below mentioned transaction whole amount has been deducted from my credit card instead of emi, kindly contact axis bank and convert it into emi or cancel and refund me the amount as i cant bear the whole amount payment in single payment that is why i had opted for emi. The whole amount plus emi processing charge has been deducted from my credit card. My payment is due in few days, kindly convert it into emi. And in case you dont have the facility to offer it on emi then why give it as a option! paisapay id 32299370213 item number 251164981361 Samsung Galaxy S DUOS GT - S7562 with 1 Year Samsung India Warranty as per ebay it should had been This email confirms that you made a PaisaPay payment to the following seller for the total amount of Rs. 16,490.00 using credit card (Rs. 15,253.25), charged in 6 equal monthly installments and eBay gift voucher 4R49KXDG9U (Rs. 1,236.75) and an additional amount of Rs. 420.03 towards convenience charges (including service tax). This additional amount will also be charged in 6 equal installments along with the monthly installment amount and will appear on your Credit card statement. Email reference id: [#050dcb90c21c41cf95d5d08fb0a96941#]
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Hello Dibyojyoti,

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding EMI here. Your transaction has been successfully converted into an EMI and that is why you've been charged convenience charges.Let me guide you how EMI works on eBay. Once you opt for EMI, though the credit worth entire transaction got blocked on your Credit Card, you will be charged in EMI. This will reflect in your next statement. Do not hesitate to revert in case your credit card issuers failed to do so. We would be happy to assist you.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

dibyo
Community Member
Yes, thanks the amount has been converted to emi 🙂
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

nitinhagrawal2009
Community Member
Thanks guys to sharing your experience.

Actually I was thinking to purchase new LED with 6 months of EMI from eBay. But now I am thinking for other options.
In fact, I was found full amount into payment page after choosing of 3 months of EMI option.

eBay executives, Can you please clear it. We all are confusing with eBay EMI payment options.
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

nitinhagrawal2009
Community Member
Thanks guys to sharing your experience.

Actually I was thinking to purchase new LED with 6 months of EMI from eBay. But now I am thinking for other options.
In fact, I was found full amount into payment page after choosing of 3 months of EMI option.

eBay executives, Can you please clear it. We all are confusing with eBay EMI payment options.
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Let me give an idea. i am going to buy nikon d3200 worth 32000 Rs. with the emi option. as you all are saying i think i must go with some other website or seller. 

ebay is not responsive

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this!

However, I am sorry for myself for not checking this before making my transaction for Rs. 37,664 on Sept 24, 2013. I have also paid an EMI conversion charge of Rs. 376 for this, but the entire amount (including these charges) Rs. 38,040 has been charged to my card in this month rather than the one third of this amount. I am still in talks with my bank and ebay. My bank, Standard Chartered said that ebay does EMI on its own through PaisaPay unit and they are not responsible for conversion of any EMI conversion.

I have sent ebay a copy of my statement at paisapaydocs@ebay.com and waiting for them to make adjustment.

Will update this link ASAP I get to hear from them.   

Regards,

Sirish

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

I was about to buy a high value item, north of 40k on ebay. AFter going through these threads, Thanks a lot u all, I will go to brick n mortar and buy it. Empathies with u and hope its resolved, else i suggest write to RBI and Banking ombudsman and CCI and All newspapers/online complaint portals; As these sites fear bad publicity more than actual action on them.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Chutiya service. ...ager emi le rha hu to same amount block kr rhye hai.....in bhen k louda se pucha ager utna amount block kr diya to mtlb to yhai hua na ki maine full payment kr di hai..kyu ki wo amount to mai use nai kr sakta
Message 20 of 22
latest reply