Announcing launch of all new PaisaPay!

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee

We are pleased to announce that starting the week of 3rd December 2007 we will be launching several enhancements to PaisaPay. These enhancements are aimed at making transacting on eBay even more safe, fun and providing our buyers with a delightful experience. New PaisaPay will provide a mechanism for the buyers and sellers to complete their PaisaPay transactions with ease and help our sellers increase their business on eBay.

The New PaisaPay flow:

Key Highlights:

1. Providing a delightful buyer experience: Buyers will now be able to use PaisaPay for fast, assured purchases or get their money back! In case the buyer does not receive the item purchased with the prescribed timelines, he will have the option to get a quick refund.

2. Uniform performance guidelines for Sellers: In new PaisaPay the sellers will have fixed timelines within which they need to ship and deliver the item. This will help in providing a standardised seller experience where sellers will have clear performance guidelines. In case a seller needs more time to ship or deliver the product, he can request the buyer for a time extension.

3. Easy tracking of shipments for both Buyers & Sellers: Sellers will be required to enter the shipping details in My PaisaPay within the prescribed timelines. This will give buyers and sellers a quick reference point to know the shipment status thereby resulting in smooth communication between buyers & sellers.

4. Easy Refund Mechanism:

a. In case the seller is not able to ship the item: Seller can easily issue a refund to the buyer by not entering the shipping details within the prescribed timelines. In such cases PaisaPay will automatically issue a refund to the buyer. The sellers no longer need to follow the offline process of contacting PaisaPay Customer Support for issuing refund.

b. In case the buyer does not receive the item: If the buyer has not received the item within the prescribed timelines he has the option to raise a refund claim. In case the seller has delivered the item he will have 5 days to dispute the buyer’s claim. In case of any dispute between the buyer and seller on item delivery, PaisaPay’s decision will be final.

5. Seller Remittance on Buyer Confirmation: PaisaPay shall remit the money to the seller as soon as the buyer confirms item receipt or does not raise a refund claim in the prescribed timelines. Certain Qualified sellers will be eligible for Express Remittance.

6. Express Remittance for Qualified sellers: Sellers who qualify for Express Remittance will have their individual Express Remittance limit. Please note that Express Remittance is a privilege for sellers with strong business and good behaviour history on eBay. The option to offer this privilege to sellers will be at the sole discretion of PaisaPay.

7. Online Remittance to replace Demand Drafts: PaisaPay will remit seller’s money online to his bank account instead of mailing demand drafts. This will save both the courier & encashment time for the sellers. It will also mean no more cases of lost demand drafts.

8. Twice a week remittance cycle: PaisaPay will now be sending money to sellers twice a week (bi-weekly basis) replacing the process of weekly remittance.

9. All new My PaisaPay: The new ‘My PaisaPay’ in “My eBay”, will give buyers & sellers an easier interface to communicate with each other and stay updated on transaction details.

10. PaisaPay Phone Support to be extended to all seven days of the week: PaisaPay phone support will be extended to all seven days of the week (from current five days a week) from the month of December 07.

11. PaisaPay becomes mandatory: All listings will automatically offer PaisaPay as a mode of payment. Sellers can also offer other mode of payments. Sellers with 20 or less listings will be able to offer PaisaPay as the only mode of payment. Read FAQ’s.

12. PaisaPay Invoice: To ease the process of reconciliation and accounting your PaisaPay transactions PaisaPay would be issuing a monthly Invoice to sellers.

13. eBay Buyer Protection remains the same: Buyers will continue to remain eligible for eBay Buyer Protection after time-out period. All other buyer protection features will remain the same. Read FAQ’s.

14. PaisaPay EMI Option: Sellers with 5 or more feedback will have the option to offer 3 and 6 month EMI in their listings, which can be availed by buyers paying via ICICI bank credit cards. Additional PaisaPay charges apply fro EMI transactions. Read FAQ’s

To avail the Enhanced PaisaPay facility from the week of December 3, 2007, all sellers will need to register again with PaisaPay and update their bank details here. We encourage you to update your details as soon as possible on this link. Read FAQ’s.

We understand that you might have questions to understand the changes better. Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, go through the details on this page and on the tutorial, contact our Customer Service team or post your questions on this thread.

We are very excited about these changes as we believe that this will help us in providing a high quality online shopping experience to our users and help in making eBay the favoured destination of online shoppers.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 239
latest reply
238 REPLIES 238

Hi,

I am receiving payments faster than before without delays. This is the ONLY plus point for international sellers after launch of New PaisaPay.

A most recent case with me. I have shipped a Jewellery item by Registered Airmail (as no other option is available) to a buyer from UK. The buyer received the item on 39th day due to delay by Postal Service. She had paid with Old PaisaPay so there was no dispute among us. The buyer is happy with the purchase and has left a Positive Feedback.

If she would have paid thru New PaisaPay then just think over the situations.

For safe selling thru New PaisaPay transaction Time Extension is a must for International Buyers.

Now 7 of my International buyers have paid thru New PaisaPay and I have sent all of them Time Extension Request. One of them has approved, the second has declined and rest of them have not responded. The International buyers are not aware of this system and they only receive Time Extension e-mails, there is no New PaisaPay section available for them instead they have PayPal (a hassle free payment gateway).

A lot of awareness is required to international buyers. Jewellery is a fast moving item on eBay. eBay should consider this issue at the earliest. Nobody in eBay is ready to listen to this matter and solve it.

Regards,

Message 221 of 239
latest reply

sareewholesale
Community Member
Hi

To increase awareness about how important it is for SELLERS That BUYERS enter item reciept confirmation ,

There should be a link on the feedback page to take him to my paisa pay ...
hinting him to also confirm reciept of the item
that he has left feedback at the same time.

Many buyers feel that once they have entered feedback , its more than enough.

It allready signifies that the item is recieved fine ....

The above suggestion can increase awareness .
Message 222 of 239
latest reply

Hello,
I am afraid to sell high value items now on ebay as it can be total loss to me because of new paisapay policy.I as a seller find myself very helpless as all protection is only for buyers.

Well few days back I had received an order from a buyer,The buyer had paid and I had sent the item to him and also entered the shipping details.

Today he had given me positive feedback confirming the receipt of the item but he had not confirmed the receipt of the item in Paisapay.

The buyer is not new to ebay but still he is not at all aware about new paisapay policy.I had also messaged him to confirm the receipt in paisapay but still no response from him.He must be thinking I had provided feedback then what is the need of confirming it again in paisapay.Seller's money will be with paisapay for no fault of him/her.

I feel lucky as it was just a small order,but What can happen if it would been a case of high value item?

Also almost 4.5% is too much as paisapay charges as I sell high value items and it will forced seller to either stop selling high value items or increase price of the item.

eBay should always remember that buyers are coming to eBay as they are getting good service from sellers and also price must be reasonable otherwise buyers will have many other option.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 223 of 239
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Dear Deep Agarwal,

Most of the sellers does not understand the danger of new PaisaPay rules. Every one wake up now after it is being implemented. Please go back and read my first reply for the PaisaPay new policy change, immediately after this announcement. I am totally against the new rule, please see my thread, i am going to close down the business. It does not reflect the eBay founder's note.

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500002017&tstart=0&mod=1198546078445

1. This give ultimate freedom to the buyer.

2. He reserves confirmation of receipt the item. You go and beg for the payment.

3. Double the work for a seller, but you are not paid for that, for example i used to spend 1 hour daily now i spend 2 hours for the same profit entering shipping details, follow-up customer, etc. Why should i work more time for same profit ?. It is non-productive useless job entering shipping details.

4.In case if the buyer says item not received you have no way to show the shipping proof in 5 days time.(One example is a buyer was not in Mumbai in July and i received back the item today after 5 months, he is right that item not received, but what if the stupid buyer not at home at the time of delivery). I lost shipping charge for the same(Because he received second time, the same item i shipped), and i got -ve feedback and lost 2 weeks sales. The loss is big though it is buyer's fault.

I only leave +ve feedback after buyer confirms. This leads to big misunderstanding between buyer and seller. Buyer expects a good feedback after payment. With the present PaisaPay method, i cannot do it for safer side.

I sold 37 items after new paisapay worth of 13500 and just only 1 item confirmed by buyer, as received. It is total non-sense of doing business with eBay.

I am not going to +ve leave feedback for a buyer who does not confirm his receipt of the item by himself. I expect other seller to do the same, otherwise we cannot survive here. and he will not get any feedback from me even after PaisaPay automatically send payment to me. It is his responsibility to confirm the item receipt and get his feedback or you won't get any feedback like before. I am very strict about that.

I feel we in a big mess with new PaisaPay.

eBay, PLEASE GO BACK TO OLD PAISAPAY !!!

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 224 of 239
latest reply

cochinmall
Community Member
The new paisapay is utter nonsense.I have to wait for at least more than two weeks to receive the money into my bank account.It seems that we sellers are like puppets in the hands of the buyer.

Buyers take their own time.I think ebay has not done their home work by thinking as a buyer.For example,if i am a buyer buying from the local market,i pay for the item and go home.If the item doesnt work properly,then only i would go to the shop for a solution. I wouldnt go to the shop the next day and tell the shop keeper that the item is working properly in case there are difficulties.

The same scenario is happening here.Only advantage is the bank transfer,but i still dont understand why most of the power sellers are not eligible for Express Remittance.

Regards
Rahul
cochinmall
Message 225 of 239
latest reply

1) We recently asked the customers for 'time extension requests' which they declined.

It is very very disspaointed to note that the whole charm of selling on ebay has gone to waste after such pathetic policy of dispatch within 7 days Or, 'begging' to the buyers for 'time extension'.

Such policies do not work on our product i.e 'wooden furniture' as all the designs are 'made to order' and 'production time' depends on the 'design of the funtiure'.We already declare the production time in all our individual product listing depending on the 'artwork'.

It was already so frustrating to ask for 'time extension' again and again to the buyers and adding to the frustration is the decline of the time extension requests.

I found ebay rules very unpractical and 'time consuming' specially in todays world.We are entering in the year 2008!!!

We also pay our share of profit to ebay and they should be more thoughtful for the sellers.

2) Half of the bank branches are not available on new paisapay.Why one has to lauch a 'new paisapay' if they are not fully ready for such changes.

If Ebay India has any role to paly in this than this is certainly a 'POOR MANAGEMENT'.Not much thoughts given to the practical scenario and decision making.
Message 226 of 239
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi sunrise_in,

I am sorry to know that your time extension request was rejected. I understand that it is difficult for you to supply the furniture in the specified time frame.

Looking at it from a buyer point of view: I had paid for the product, I need it in x number of days, however the seller can supply it in x+y number of days. As a buyer it does not work out for me and therefore I will rather not complete the transaciton. There can be many reasons due to which I want the products in x days and - I am out of town, It is urgent or some other reason which is out of seller's control.

In the old PaisaPay scenario, after realising that the seller will take more than what buyer had thought, buyer would either not pay the seller (UPI) or fume about the seller because he is not delivering according to his expectaion and tell other people to not buy from the seller. This might have resulted in low DSR on shipping etc.

In the New PaisaPay, yes you loose theorder, but you also save the heart burn that could have possibly happened to both you and the buyer.

I also wanted to share an interesting data point. In the last 10 days (since launch of new PaisaPay), sellers have sent 57 time extension request and 42 (close to 75%) of them have been accepted by the buyers.

I think if the buyer cannot accomodate your timeline in his purchasing decision then it is better to cancel the deal. I hope the above throws some light on the topic.

Do feel free to write back with further comments.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 227 of 239
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Dear Sapna and PaisaPay team , I find most of the time in the day the New Paisapay Link is not functional , i.e. a buyer or seller can not see the information about items sold or paid with paisapay .

I am afraid many buyers will not return just to confirm receipt of goods in Paisa pay window if the same is found not functional at that time. Therefor seller will have to wait for the minimum period of 15 days for their payment just because the buyer could not enter the item received confirmation timely.

New paisa pay system should have been implemented after successful trials only , not after testing at the cost of sellers . If buyer satisfaction is important to ebay then sellers also need equal attention.

Hope the system will be fully functional soon and ebay.in will hire some good proffesionals to manage the same.

Narinder
cosycom
Message 228 of 239
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Dear PaisaPay Team,

Please find the in-efficient implementation of New PaisaPay.

I have an excel sheet myself to track the payments from PaisaPay to manage my orders quickly. This to to help myself to ship and enter shipping details on time and i can see if i am paying anything extra paid in the shipping than actually i received from customer.

But the new system gives me different information in different places. The payment information details are not same in 3 different places which is suppose to me the right information.

1. View Order details.(Does not have PaisaPayID, Date Paid, last date for shipping etc)
2. Email confirms PaisaPay Payment.(Does not show exact item cost paid, shipping cost paid etc. Total are not splited with right information.)
3. New PaisaPay order details. Does not have customer name,Does not show exact item cost paid, shipping cost paid etc.)

Because of these irrelevant information i have to look in to 3 places to get right details.

Date Paid : Missing in order details.

Customer ID : Available in all the places.

Customer Name : Missing in New PaisaPay.

PaisaPayID : Missing in Order details.

Last Date entering shipping code : Missing in Order details.

Actually customer paid : Available only in Order details. in the email the amount is wrong. And it does not contain item cost paid and shipping cost paid separately.

It is total waste of time for me to record above information from full from order detail, open email, New PaisaPay. I have to open three windows to view different information from different places.

Can you help me to find all in once place with proper details. Better place is Order details & in the email. Make sure both are showing same information.

Can you please confirm that my suggestion is valid ?

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 229 of 239
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Dear Sapana,

I hope you are doing great.

Your wrote :

I also wanted to share an interesting data point. In the last 10 days (since launch of new PaisaPay), sellers have sent 57 time extension request and 42 (close to 75%) of them have been accepted by the buyers.

You agree that 75 % of the people agree for the time extension. So why do eBay waste our time to request the buyer and wait for his reply. If he does not accept on the next day, he will be looser that we cannot ship the item on the same day. It is unnecessary tension for a seller and buyer.

Why now allow a buyer to select his own shipping and handling time and delivery time ?. You can show the same below the shipping cost and shipping details in the listing. If customer interested let him buy from us, or let him not order from us. Also the New PaisaPay system should allow sellers to enter details in the give time line ?. The maximum time you allow us to set can be what is in the extension request is fine for us. We don't need big fancy features.

This can save lot Sellers doing business with eBay and resolve lot of confusion between buyer and seller. For example as a seller if a buyer reject the time extension we feel nervous and sorry for him. Also the buyer does not receive on the eBay specified time, we may get bad feedback.

Can you please note this as our important request and implement the same. So that we can set minimum handling time and delivery time one place , like the shipping discount for multiple item we set ?.

Though i pulled my online listing to reduce my sales (Until New PaisaPay confusions are over), the sales is really good in Shop view itself. I hope you can help me to continue with eBay.

WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 !!!

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 230 of 239
latest reply