A buyer trying to rip off seller!!

A buyer purchased one Stitched Salwar Kameez from me (item id: 330282193879) on 02.11.08. The item was delivered on 18.11.08. Positive feedback was given by the buyer on 5.12.08 with following comments “beautiful suit and honest seller. thanks”.

Now on 16.11.08 (after about one month of receiving the item) buyer has opened an “eBay Significantly Not as Described Case”. Buyer tells the size of the item is few inches short, which is a lie since I personally check each item before shipment.

I want to know from eBay, what is the ‘Seller Protection’ in this case. How can a buyer file “eBay Significantly Not as Described Case” after giving Positive Feedback and after using the item for one month?

Still I offered full refund of item cost against return of the item in good condition, which buyer declined. Buyer wants me to pay for the shipping and handling charges of return (along with item cost)

Indraneel please guide me what to do in this fraud attempt by the buyer. If buyer is successful in this fraud attempt, many more such fraud attempts may follow.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

tirupati_fashions
Community Member
I am also eagarly waiting for reply from ebay about this situation .....

By the way you must tell community about that buyer's ID .. if he has done it with you he can do it with other too
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

creative_pursuits
Community Member
The Buyer's claim is totally unjustified.The Buyer should have checked the Size Immediately on receipt or atleast within 2-4 days of receipt.After one month coming up with this reason is not at all fair.
The seller has gone all the way out to help the buyer and been really kind to offer a Refund...This is one exaample of how sellers go out of the way to satisfy Buyers!!

I really hope Ebay will realise how painful it can be to Hardworking sellers if Buyers are so Insensitive.Its high time ebay takes steps to prevent such malpractices by buyers...because After all,these Powers have been bestowed upon the Buyers by Ebay!!!!

Really Hope Justice is done here.

Cheers
Mala
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

dont give him a refund. he can do nothing in this.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

mediahome.in
Community Member
they are really screwed people. Ebay staff is very inefficient
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

dont be afraid, do the business fairly and boldly, as feedback is already left to u--buyer cant do any thing to u---
cheers
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

ufo_big
Community Member
One must appreciate innovative skills of the buyer. Using loopholes of the eBay system, buyer is trying to get back the item cost + shipping cost from the seller after using the item absolutely free for one month at seller's expense.

As per seller non performance policy, positive feedback defined as buyer satisfaction. Item not received dispute defined as buyer dissatisfaction. Both buyer satisfaction and buyer dissatisfaction taking place here at the same time making mockery of the eBay policy.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Dear fashion_solution, creative_pursuits, kumar.m, mediahome.in,2006ecompoundarun,ufo_big

Thank you all for supporting me.

Wish you and your family a Merry Christmas

I wish, I get a reply from eBay on this issue
Message 8 of 8
latest reply