cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay does no buyer verification. Too may fraud buyers & unpaid items

lifenstyle_in1
Community Member
I have found that since eBay took over Baazee, they have stopped doing any verification of buyers. This leads to frauds and non-serious buyers and results in unpaid item disputes. Every time this happens, its a waste of the seller's time and money. This suits eBay because they only give a credit on the Final Value Fee, but retain the listing fees. So by promoting fraud and non-serious buyers on the site, eBay actually profits.

Why can't eBay verify buyers in the same manner in which they verify sellers??
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

sastaitshop
Community Member
Dear chixaov
There is really no way.
But the following steps will help in a PRACTICAL senario

1. If the buyer is non paying - Cross Check the Address and Ph no. IF it seems suspicious .. Use the Contact Us link in the help page to infomr ebay. Those Bueyrs will be suspended.

2. Incase the transaction is not completed then leave a negative rating a little late. Say after 59 days. Or 89 (Not sure.) This wont give the buyer time to react.

But very SIMPLY i am not really leaving any feedback. Only if the buyer leaves a feedback i leave a feedback. AND ALWAYS POST A REPLY TO ALL FEEDBACKS YOU RECEIVE !!

Regards

(Practical Solutions from SASTA IT SHOP MUMBAI)

SUNNY !! !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

HELP: Cops are after a suspect who smart, witty, sexy and good lookin...so where you gonna hide ME?

Age and knowledge don't always come together. Sometimes you just get the age...
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
I dont remember baazee doing buyer verification. Still what i do know is that on baazee Nigerian frauds were minimum because Baazee wasent GLOBAL. HEre ebay.IN is in the eye of global users and FRAUDS !!

Regards !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

HELP: Cops are after a suspect who smart, witty, sexy and good lookin...so where you gonna hide ME?

!!sAsTaITsHop!!

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

single_female
Community Member
Hi Everyone,
well at Ebay Uk, all members of Ebay have to be verified, sellers and buyers, but it doesnt stop fruad though:( But most of the time every transactions go smoothly without problems :):-)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My Sig.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

single_female
Community Member
I don,t like it when someone on these boards post out someones id etc just because they think they are fake or using fake ids just to bid on thier own bids to increase the price, before someone accuses someone YOU NEED TO HAVE 100% PROOF OK? GOOD, I HOPE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS FACTX-(
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My Sig.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

ankur17ag
Community Member
Yeah this same has been done with me !! Guys buy the prodcut and dont pay...and we have to pay huge selling fees! for nuts????

Huh ??? there shud be verification by credit card !! and checking card etc..as done in Ebay.com(USA site) while selling ...this site is not at all secure !..as it claims to be ..I m tried paying this selling fee's!! ...and ebay actually profits by this ! ..and we have to suffer ...the selllers..I m quiting selling ebay...and one more thing...and everytime the ebay suspend the account why is so ?? the buyer bought item and after 1 day i saw that he is no more registered huh?? who the hell going to pay my fee;s?? my grandfather??? huh???

You should care for our money..there are lots of people...trying to earn by using Internet..and if such type of things happens then ...they will think the internet is not safe...and becuase of this Ebay.in site.

anyways...who cares....I m quiting selling in this site...and joining others site...
Message 15 of 32
latest reply

yogeshtulsiani
Community Member
e-bay is only for sucking money from sellers. all protection is for buyers... when will we sellers get some protection. fake bids for my 6230 and 3230 on more than 5 occasions. WILL BUYERS BE EVER VERIFIED(BAAZEE WAS BETTER - IT TOOK AT LEAST TWO DAYS TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT but we were happy bcos sellers wwere protected)?
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
We actually need mroe and more buyers. Having a verification process may put off some of the genuinely interested buyers.

Still it is adviced that you use the buyer managemtn tool and avoid leaving harsh feedbacks. If the contact details of the buyer is worng inform ebay using the HELP link.

Baazee has transformed form a Sellers Market to Buyers Market overnight - thats why we are having these problem basically. But that what the future is ... we need to give SERVICE SERVICE AnD SERVICE ...

Regards !! Sunny 🙂
()()()()())()

!!sAsTaITsHop!!

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

salwaa45
Community Member
ebay should block the people from nigeria since they continously try to cheat the people from other countries by buying the product .They have done to me several time so i request ebay to block the buyer from nigeria
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

msbsindia
Community Member
FIRST WHEN EBAY WAS NOT THERE IN INDIA - WHEN I CHANGED MY CONTACT NO. ON BAAZEE, BAAZEE PEOPLE USED TO CALL ME TO CONFIRM WHETHER I HAVE CHANGED MY CONTACT NO. OR NOT. BUT WHEN ON EBAY I CHANGE MY CONTACT NO. I RECEIVE NO CALL FROM EBAY. WHERE HAS THIS PROCESS DISAPPEARED? I DON'T LIKE EBAY - I WANT BAAZEE BACK.
REGARDS,
MSBS INDIA
Message 19 of 32
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Baazee was a relatively smaller entity. Here on eBay there are millions of users so the way and manner in which they are verified and tracked is more automated -- rather than the personal verification of baazee.

Although eBay does do user verification by calling them if they are suspicious. !!

Regards :) Sunny 🙂

!!sAsTaITsHop!!

Message 20 of 32
latest reply