cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay does no buyer verification. Too may fraud buyers & unpaid items

lifenstyle_in1
Community Member
I have found that since eBay took over Baazee, they have stopped doing any verification of buyers. This leads to frauds and non-serious buyers and results in unpaid item disputes. Every time this happens, its a waste of the seller's time and money. This suits eBay because they only give a credit on the Final Value Fee, but retain the listing fees. So by promoting fraud and non-serious buyers on the site, eBay actually profits.

Why can't eBay verify buyers in the same manner in which they verify sellers??
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

rcrsudha
Community Member
I beleive, that bidding is legally binding. Isnt there a way to pull such people to court. We need to ask ebay to post a detailed help article, guiding us on how to file a case against such people who bid, but fail to pay up. There has to be a proper legal way to handle this situation. I would myslef send this question to ebay staff. You may also do so,
Message 31 of 32
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
Hi all,
One can always take a action against the fraud buyers but generally they give wrong address and phone numbers.
In India ebay community and e-commerce activity is still developing so they cannot scare off the buyers.
Everybody knows a golden rule.
Consumer is the king.
Keep filing non-paid item regularly and close all the eligible disputes once every fortnight.
Cheers :-),

rishabh_iitk2001
Message 32 of 32
latest reply