cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay does no buyer verification. Too may fraud buyers & unpaid items

lifenstyle_in1
Community Member
I have found that since eBay took over Baazee, they have stopped doing any verification of buyers. This leads to frauds and non-serious buyers and results in unpaid item disputes. Every time this happens, its a waste of the seller's time and money. This suits eBay because they only give a credit on the Final Value Fee, but retain the listing fees. So by promoting fraud and non-serious buyers on the site, eBay actually profits.

Why can't eBay verify buyers in the same manner in which they verify sellers??
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

snrama
Community Member
Ebay should do verification for buyers. Its a must. They should verify through phone.

Also every buyer at ebay are not fake. But we must aggrees that they don't know how to use.

So when a person makes a registration, some tutorials (through emails) should be done. Also ebay must make aware of unpaid item strike for new buyers (less than 5 feedback) before they make an order.

This will make new members to understand ebay and unpaid items will get reduced automatically. Regards,
Snrama
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

kinneysidhu
Community Member
Following are the real FAKE buyers:
1) bigboss_1231
2) spiritualmans
These are two IDs of 1 persons Bidding Fake.
Their Location : INDIA (Where in INDIA???)
For eg: Bidding NOKIA 3315 for RS.50000 (Isn`t it FAKE).
Item No.: 6427155852
Item No.: 6427202613
Item No.: 6427569074
Item No.: 6427747680
Item No.: 6427728890
Ebay should take neccessery action against these Type of Fake Buyers otherwise they will Destroy the Hardwork, Time and Money of the Seller.Ebay Wake up!!!!!!
Do sumthin,
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

chixaov
Community Member
I am a new seller and excuse me if my question sounds too naive. My question is: If I leave a negative feedback for a non paying buyer, is there a way I can protect myself against the retaliatory feedback?
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Hi chixaov,

I woule recommend that you do not neg buyers, as they can will give you retaliatory negs.

A neg on a buyers account will not effect him much. He can always open a new id (there being no restriction on buyers opening new ids).

But you as a seller would loose an id you have spent month (s) builing. A few negs and you will see your sales coming down.

As for buyer verification, eBay India does not plan to do any verification in the near future.
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Why you people give negitive for fake buyers/unpaid buyers. Give them neutral. This will not affect much on your ratings.

We should all protect our account till we have the new feedback system. So as soon as we get the new feedback system, If we do unpaid item strikes, then the buyer's feedback will be neautralized. So this will prevent us from fake buyers. Regards,
Snrama
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
I can give you such 35 id's. But the point to be noted is that Ebay has suspended all of those. However there shoudl eb BUYER VERIFICATION !
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Everybody,

We understand UPI is a major concern for our users. We are working in the direction to reduce UPI. I am not in a position to discuss the same on these.

Let me reassure you we are working towards making eBay.in a healthy and a vibrant market place for both Seller and Buyers alike

You would appreciate the improvement in this regard in the last few months
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

lifenstyle_in1
Community Member
What improvement? Its got much worse in the past couple of months.

There is NO ALTERNATIVE to BUYER VERIFICATION.

The credibility of eBay is eroding very fast. All forums and complaints are common in saying that Baazee did a far superior job of security and customer service.

EBAY is a lousy site. We were much better off with Baazee.
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

danta2016
Community Member
I think ebay should do a bank account verification. It is not all that difficult because RBI has a process of doing the verification ( important banks). Although this may take a few extra days for registration, it will make ebay a much trustworthy place. For people who need immediate registration, they can have an alternative with credit card verification.

Alternatively ebay can employ a verification agency ( Like the mobile phone companies) and verify the users. Multiple registrations from the same card or bank account or address should be chucked out.
Dan
Message 10 of 32
latest reply