Revision of PaisaPay Timelines

Dear Members,

The online shopping world has changed significantly over the past few years with introduction of easy payment modes; Mobile based shopping and new technology. Members today are more internet savvy and their expectations from online shopping are also higher now.

Continuing our pursuit to improve member experience and making it as attractive as possible for end users, we are revising PaisaPay shipping and delivery timelines.

The changes shall be applicable after 30 days from today.

The current timelines were set in 2007 and it was necessary for us to modify them to meet the expectations of our users in today’s dynamic online shopping world. We believe the revised PaisaPay timelines will improve the overall member experience.

The revised PaisaPay timelines are as follows:

•Timelines for sellers to enter shipping details in PaisaPay is changed from 7 days to 5 days
–The revised shipping timelines will enable buyers to get their products faster. In turn, it will increase buyer satisfaction and hence sellers’ chances of receiving more business and more positive feedback from buyers.

•Timelines for delivering products to the buyer post entering shipping details is changed from 10 days to 7 days
–We observed that most products are generally delivered within 7 days of shipment, and these changes will allow sellers to receive their remittance faster.

We are revising relevant policies to bring the aforesaid changes and the same shall be applicable from September 27, 2011 and all payments from September 27, 2011 shall be as per the revised PaisaPay timelines as mentioned above.

Anil Shenoy, Manager Marketplace Health will be conducting an online workshop to answer any queries you have around these new changes on Monday, September 5, 2011 between 3 PM to 4 PM IST.

Please post your comments, feedback and queries on this thread.

Regards,
The eBay team
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Hi,
I m Ebay seller of Artificial jewellery,I think ur policy 'Timline 'is not right manny cities like- Kerala,tamilnadu,Andhrapradesh r very far,v r giving free shipping, this possible only with India post speed post & Its take 7-10 days,how can possible, who is responsible for late delivery to buyer,Pl don't change this policy otherwise many sellers suffered & left ebay.
Message 61 of 104
latest reply

rocketmob
Community Member
HI
dear ebay

please not change this policy , its not possible for us to deliver small towns in 7 days , atleast give us 7 working days

thanks
Message 62 of 104
latest reply

rocketmob
Community Member
we all seller need atlest 7 working days to deliver in small towns , otherwise its not possible for us to courier to small towns , not even blue dart having capacity to deliver in 7 days including non working days , every courier need atleast 7 working days

thanks
Message 63 of 104
latest reply

Dear Members,

Thanks for your active participation on the boards on the revision of PaisaPay timelines. Anil Shenoy is online with us right now to address your concerns or any queries that you may have.

Regards
Seema
Message 64 of 104
latest reply

Hello Anil
kindly see all the reply below and do reply to all of them
ALL SELLER ARE NOT READY TO ACCEPT THIS CHANGE AS TRANSIT TIME IS NOT IN ANY SELLER HAND.Seller cant do anything if courier company take time for village
Message 65 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Member,

Thank you for your active participation, over the next 1 hour will clarify the concerns raised on revision of PaisaPay timelines.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 66 of 104
latest reply

Hello Anil,

Kindly confirm the paisapay timelines for listings with ILF - sold to International buyers & paid via paisapay.

Regards,
RG_Diamonds
Message 67 of 104
latest reply

Hi Anil,

Its great interacting with you once again.

I have a few querries, hope you can answer then in a meaningfull manner.

1) Is the ebay logistics project now officially in limbo since you have felt the need to jump the gun.

2) Please direct me to the logistics service provider (s) who will bind themselves to a 5 day or even a 7 SLA to that we can all commit to an SLA of 7 days to ebay.

3) If we are not able to find the required service providers who promise to deliver all across India, I have two suggestions:

a) Please allow sellers to reject certain order based on locations which in their past experience are not serviceable in 7 days. These order should not be counted in PaisaPay penalty and any negative / neutral feedback for such remote area orders which are refunded should be immediately removed.

b) Any product sent by reputed courier (you can specify a list) which shows in transit on tracking website should never be refunded unless shows RTO to seller.

3) We know that this policy has been devised basis buyer expectations and competition.

a) For buyer expecation, I feel sellers should be allowed to charge separtely for expiditated shipping and standard shipping. This is available across all ebay platroms except India.

Expedited shipping is alway a VAS and buyers have to be made to understand that.

Buyers expectations have to be managed and not always pandered to if you do not want seller burnouts.

b) For competion, please point me one website which offer a buyer a refund if not delivered in specified days. The most I could find on competition websites after hours was:

"Why does an item have 3 days delivery time?
These items will also be mentioned as "In Stock". For all areas serviced by reputed couriers the delivery time will be 3 business days. For other areas, orders will be sent by Registered Post through the Indian Postal Service which may take 1-2 weeks depending on the location. Business days exclude public holidays and sundays.
"
from FK.com

Delivery time can be 1-2 weeks, i.e 14 days. ebaY wants to bind its sellers to 12 days and that too not counting weekends / public holidays.

eBay philosophy seems to be - "DOOSRO KE KHANDE PE BANDOOK RAKH KE GOLI CHALANA"

4) Now that the new SLA have been based on buyers's expectations, I suggest if a sellers falls in these timlines, the DSR for shipping time should be removed all together. If a buyer wants to leave a dsr for shipping time, he should first open a PaisaPay INR.

Please give your views on the above points. Please do not dissmiss this post off hand as you have been doing my recent post. I have spent hours composing this post, do take a few minutes to ponder before you answer and please answer in detail each point.

Devesh
Message 68 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi All,
Thank you for your participation on revision of PaisaPay timelines. I have gone all of your concerns on PaisaPay timelines and for the benefit of all the members on the thread, think it would be better if I consolidate the queries and clarify them together instead of individual threads. In case you have any other queries which have not been answered, please feel to add on.

As most members do not seem to be much concerned about Shipment timelines being reduced from 7 days to 5 days, will first cover the delivery timeline revision first.
To provide some context on Shipment Basis traceable shipments done by our Sellers (through various shipment companies from Blue dart to Speed post) in last couple of months, we have observed that ~96% of the Shipments gets delivered within 6 days of shipping the item, while ~2% of the shipments are delivered post 10 days. This information (Shipment pick up date & Delivery dates) was collated manually directly from the Shipment company’s website (basis the tracking information updated by the Seller).

Having said that, I do completely agree that Sellers do not control shipment delivery and there would be instances where Buyer raises a INR in PaisaPay post delivery timelines is over, but be rest assured that even in such cases, our PaisaPay team will work with you and the buyer to resolve the claim and ensure resolution amicable to both you & the buyer.
There have also been concerns on PaisaPay refund policy aspect, be rest assured that Refund policy is applicable for Refunds which are Approved and not applicable on Refunds which are initiated but not approved.
There has also been queries on eBay shipment services, We are happy to inform you that eBay is currently working on the Shipping solution and you should soon hear from us on the same.

Will keep on adding my clarifications to your other queries shortly.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 69 of 104
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi rg_diamonds,

To clarify, The revision in PaisaPay timelines are applicable for buyers from India and timelines for international buyers & Furtniture category remain unchanged.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 70 of 104
latest reply