Revision of PaisaPay Timelines

Dear Members,

The online shopping world has changed significantly over the past few years with introduction of easy payment modes; Mobile based shopping and new technology. Members today are more internet savvy and their expectations from online shopping are also higher now.

Continuing our pursuit to improve member experience and making it as attractive as possible for end users, we are revising PaisaPay shipping and delivery timelines.

The changes shall be applicable after 30 days from today.

The current timelines were set in 2007 and it was necessary for us to modify them to meet the expectations of our users in today’s dynamic online shopping world. We believe the revised PaisaPay timelines will improve the overall member experience.

The revised PaisaPay timelines are as follows:

•Timelines for sellers to enter shipping details in PaisaPay is changed from 7 days to 5 days
–The revised shipping timelines will enable buyers to get their products faster. In turn, it will increase buyer satisfaction and hence sellers’ chances of receiving more business and more positive feedback from buyers.

•Timelines for delivering products to the buyer post entering shipping details is changed from 10 days to 7 days
–We observed that most products are generally delivered within 7 days of shipment, and these changes will allow sellers to receive their remittance faster.

We are revising relevant policies to bring the aforesaid changes and the same shall be applicable from September 27, 2011 and all payments from September 27, 2011 shall be as per the revised PaisaPay timelines as mentioned above.

Anil Shenoy, Manager Marketplace Health will be conducting an online workshop to answer any queries you have around these new changes on Monday, September 5, 2011 between 3 PM to 4 PM IST.

Please post your comments, feedback and queries on this thread.

Regards,
The eBay team
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

GOOD WORK

But sir Many time its not easy to delivery the shipment with in 7 days after entering shipping details as due to sunday or public holiday or due to rain..and many time due to interior location
In this case we sud get some more time to delivered the item
Message 2 of 104
latest reply

offerlimited
Community Member
Dear Sir,
I am really happy with the reforms,but 1 of the major concern that hurts the pocket of buyers and limits the sale of sellers is you charge a lot of fees in the name of PaisaPay and Final Value Fees both.I as a seller am really sure that it makes the buyers think twice before buying from eBay rather they think goods are much cheaper in their local markets as sellers have to decide the selling price keeping in mind Shipping cost+Final Value Fees+PaisaPay Fees.To my opinion eBay shouldn't charge more than 5% on any item that too I am talking about 5% which will be combined PaisaPay+Final Value Fees.Please look into the matter as it will give more business to sellers as well as eBay.Thank You.
Message 3 of 104
latest reply

i am not happy and in favor of these changesh. this will severly effect delayed orders or in case of conti holidays like rakhi+sunday+15 aug...ebay should take back these changesh.

otherwise seller will put shipping details after 2-3 days even they shipped the item on same day to cover up these revised timelines and to be in their safe side.
Message 4 of 104
latest reply

@eBay

There are five continuous public holidays coming in the month of October from 26th to 30th.

During that time, if a seller is unable to ship the previous orders on 25th or new orders would arrive in the 25th evening then they would be automatically refunded on 30th without even granting a single public working day to the sellers.

It is to be noted that during public holidays, all manufacturer offices are generally closed and even if sellers office are open then they might not be able to execute all orders at that time due to various practical problems like inventory shortage, courier holidays, absence of staff etc.

The sellers would eventually end up putting their stores in holiday mode during Diwali or making several excuses to the buyers.

Also, the dispatches does on 25th would also tend to delay during these five holidays automatically while leaving two working days time for delivery to courier people which would again attract refund initiations from the buyers.

It would therefore be better to start this scheme from 1st November onwards.

:|
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 5 of 104
latest reply

sales.india
Community Member
i would suggest ebay keep this movement under trial stage and work on errors which comes in..
do not full fledged rely on this.
Message 6 of 104
latest reply

@tccindia

generally ebay doesnt listen their seller and forcefully applied their decisions on entire community. i am sure that is going to be happen again.

see what i will do in the situation u told. i will keep some blank courier receipt and put there awb no. as shipping details before the shipping deadline ends. this way we can survive on ebay.

i know its not a good practice but what else we can do!!
Message 7 of 104
latest reply

Please exclude Sundays and holidays.
Message 8 of 104
latest reply

Hello,

Keeping in mind the Courier service and postal service scenario, it is not wise decision to reduce delivery deadline. When we send books by Registered Post, they never deliver in 7 days. Sending through courier all the time is not practical due to cost. It will create unneccessary hastles of contacting PaisaPay for sending POD and then request for extending time. Under the present schedule, what's the problem on behalf of buyer. Even if most deliveries are made in 7 days, it is good. It is minimum problems now.

New system will increase the tension both for Ebay Staff and sellers because of extra communications with buyer-seller-Ebay Staff-Courier companies.

Thanking You
Message 9 of 104
latest reply

As usual I see that again changes are being done to PAMPER THE BUYERS on ebay, no one is bothered about the seller. What was wrong in the present system I fail to understand, 90% sellers where anyway shipping within 24hrs so what's the big deal to make this change ???.

The worst as always expected from ebay is the change in delivery timeline from 10 days to 7 days, I will request ebay to send a parcel to Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura and other North Eastern states and just check the time needed to reach the destination. All sellers are not using Bluedart or Firstflight.

I sincerely request ebay to revert back to 10 days time post dispatch.

Ebay should remember that there is a limit to which the seller can bend over backwards to please the buyers.....

StopandShop
Message 10 of 104
latest reply