Revision of PaisaPay Timelines

Dear Members,

The online shopping world has changed significantly over the past few years with introduction of easy payment modes; Mobile based shopping and new technology. Members today are more internet savvy and their expectations from online shopping are also higher now.

Continuing our pursuit to improve member experience and making it as attractive as possible for end users, we are revising PaisaPay shipping and delivery timelines.

The changes shall be applicable after 30 days from today.

The current timelines were set in 2007 and it was necessary for us to modify them to meet the expectations of our users in today’s dynamic online shopping world. We believe the revised PaisaPay timelines will improve the overall member experience.

The revised PaisaPay timelines are as follows:

•Timelines for sellers to enter shipping details in PaisaPay is changed from 7 days to 5 days
–The revised shipping timelines will enable buyers to get their products faster. In turn, it will increase buyer satisfaction and hence sellers’ chances of receiving more business and more positive feedback from buyers.

•Timelines for delivering products to the buyer post entering shipping details is changed from 10 days to 7 days
–We observed that most products are generally delivered within 7 days of shipment, and these changes will allow sellers to receive their remittance faster.

We are revising relevant policies to bring the aforesaid changes and the same shall be applicable from September 27, 2011 and all payments from September 27, 2011 shall be as per the revised PaisaPay timelines as mentioned above.

Anil Shenoy, Manager Marketplace Health will be conducting an online workshop to answer any queries you have around these new changes on Monday, September 5, 2011 between 3 PM to 4 PM IST.

Please post your comments, feedback and queries on this thread.

Regards,
The eBay team
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

7 days is very unrealistic...most purchases are from remote locations and take much more days..even with 10 days i get many refund requests and item reaches after that...with 7 days anyone can guess how much will it effect the sellers.
and newer sites like flipkart and letsbuy coming up ebay is definitely going to get a setback...
customer care gives a prewritten reply on most queries and donot even try to understand the situation...
i dont know who is taking such decisions.
if things go on like this...soon it would be bye bye to ebay
Message 31 of 104
latest reply

Dear Anil,

I think the policy which you are going to apply is not suitable in India. Because as all are know what kind of service our Indian courier companies provides. There are some locations like Andmand & Nikobar, Aasam, Aizwal & Many more where courier people takes atleast 8-10 days to deliver. If you apply this policy then it will create many issues. Now a days buyers are not communicating with sellers to know status of shipments. They are directly raising a claim. If you reduce shipping time then 100% it will affect on all sellers who are shipping to non-metro cities. So I would request you please think once before applying it.

thanks
Vilas
Message 32 of 104
latest reply

Hi,
I think that this policy will definitely work for metro cities where all products are delivered on the 3rd or 4th day.
But this is going to create a problem for north east buyers and sellers who ship their parcels in surface modes(mostly all heavy products are shipped via surface mode)

Regards
Nikhil Madan
carsaccessories
Message 33 of 104
latest reply

Why dont ebay ship the item from seller location like rediff.com do.

If ebay start tie up with courier company and then they can claim get delivery in 5 days or refund
Message 34 of 104
latest reply

To start with 7 days is insane..

Even with 10 days the system should not be auto refund if the tracking details are clearly shows that the item is Buyers city or in transit.

What happens if the item is delivered after the refund is initiated ?? since many courier have third party courier for local delivery ?

If ebay wants to give 7 days guarenteed delivery let them offer courier servers ...!!
Message 35 of 104
latest reply

quick--solutions
Community Member
This is totally unfair for sellers. Even sometimes the items is not delivered within 10 days, how it is possible to deliver within 7 days. Practically this is not possible.

If this rule applies, most of the sellers will move away from ebay. So please think before applying this rule.
Message 36 of 104
latest reply

grab*your*deals
Community Member
Again eBay is only for buyers..
They never understand nor have time to know what sellers have to say..
I hate selling in eBay sometimes due to their stupid and buyer centric policy..
We know our buyers and we know how to deliver the products to them on time..
India is a big country and 70% area is still remote and services provided by Third Party Vendors which will take more than 7 days to deliver..
90% of buyers in eBay have their shipping address incomplete/incorrect and most of the items are returned back which is causing huge shipping losses as there is no way in which seller can claim it back, as ebay stupid policies always favour the buyer.
But still we will reship it back via someother courier suffering losses in cases of genuine customers which will cause the timelines to breach..
Again there is no way in which a seller can update this in ebay saying that the item is reshipped..
Buyers may not get time to communicate to ebay nor they may not get time to cancel the auto initiated refund request(which is one of the most stupidest polices in ecommerce so far).
You can change the shipping timelines to 7 but then you should tie up with all top courier companies and take the product from us.We can pack it on the same day we get the order..
Can you do that?????????????
You cannot do that, but you still want to loot poor sellers money and make huge profit..
Your management needs only mooney..Nothing else..
You mentioned that these policies were set in 2007..Then revise other policies as well to suit the sellers..
I know why your stupid management is now changing this shipping policy as ebay is loosing it market shares due to high competition from recent startups in India..
There are more ways to do business smarter than looting your sellers!!..
Think Think Think!!..
Message 37 of 104
latest reply

parsavnathenterprises
Community Member
Great initiative, will be highly appreciated if introduced with further changes otherwise, it will be misused as other policies of eBay to harass the sellers:

1) eBay should take the responsibility of the courier.

2) Remittance/ express remittance frequency should be changed to thrice a week instead of current twice a week.

I am a regular buyer of Flipkart, and my experience has been amazing so far. I think this is a great initiative by eBay to deliver the "WOW" experience to buyers. However, buyer biased policies have only proved to burn out the sellers here. EBAY must take the initiative and get similar policies for the sellers too, as suggested above.
Secondly we have been talking about changes in the feedback system, so far it has fell on dumb ears, hope eBay does some thing to block feedback from errant buyers.
Message 38 of 104
latest reply

Dear Sellers,

Please refrain on blaming ebay for buyer centric policies. Most of the policies they have is good for growth of online business. Buyers are always afraid of buying online. So delivery or refund is a well thought and very relevant policy for conditions in India. If the buyers are confident, they will buy more. So overall business will increase. We need to provide appx. 2% of sales as provison for loss and damage in transit and work our costs accordingly. Still it will be very rewarding.

However as mentioned in my earlier comments, its very impracticle to impose 7 day delivery deadline. Its very discouraging for the sellers as the refund requests will rise many times. Even if the item is delviered on the 8th or the 9th day, the seller as to follow up with the buyers, request them to cancel the refund request. Follow up again if the buyer is too busy to go online and cancel the request. Think about the sellers who ship more than 40 items per day. Will he be able to concentrate on growing his business if whole day he has to call buyers and ebay customer support and the courier companies. It will also lead to disruption in the smooth functioning of ebay as there will be no margin of safety for the sellers and hence they will contact customer support more frequently regarding refund claims from buyers. I am sure after reading the view and logical reasoning by so many sellers, this policy will not be applied.
Message 39 of 104
latest reply

rocketmob
Community Member
hi ,

ebay please not implied this policy on ebay.in , i am already very upset from lots of refund request

its not acceptable can work as poison for many sellers

thanks
Message 40 of 104
latest reply